“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in”
Review of The Westin Warsaw

The Westin Warsaw
Ranked #11 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Bucharest, Romania
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This hotel is definitely very high in my all time favorite hotels!

Simply excellent in everything - location, interior, rooms, restaurant, service etc.

I highly recommend this hotel for either business or leisure purpose!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Cornel_Bucharest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We were very pleased with the Westin Hotel. It exceeded our expectations.

We were upgraded based on our Starwood Membership to the Club floor were we enjoyed an excellent breakfast with a wide selection....The hotel offers free internet (wonderful feature....didn't have to bring my laptop from home). In addition to wine cocktails are offered in the evening.

The room is about 400 square feet. including the closet and bath room. The bathroom had a small stall shower with two shower heads plus a separate bath tub. A magnifying mirror was provided (unlit), but the bathroom had good lighting.

Addition amenities included free coffee in the room as well as water. Isn't it nice to have a hotel that goes out of the way to make you a satisfied customer. A safe was provided in the room. The dresser in the room was about 30 inches with 3 drawers. Closet space was adequate. The room had good lighting.

I think you would be most pleased at this hotel.

We dined at the following restaurants: Dom Polski, Folk Gospoda and Il Sole. They were all just adequate in terms of food, but Folk Gospoda was fun with the music provided.

We had a wonderful private guide for the four of us (Ewa at [--]). We took a 1/2 day and full day tour. Both were resonable when you consider the per person cost. She is extremely thorough and will certainly meet your needs. E mail address: [--]

We enjoyed the Chopin Concert.....in a private room in what was once the King's home.

If we hadn't taken a day trip to Lodz, I think that two days would be enough for a vacation provided you get there early enough to do some touring on the first day.

Krakow should also be included on your itinerary for two to three nights.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed in Westin with my 20 months old daughter and it wasn't bad for a hotel build with a business traveller in mind. Very comfortable and clean with nice view of the Warsaw's cityscape. There are great glass lifts with a stunning view of few other newly build sky scrapers - my daughter's favourite feature. As the hotel itself remains on the top shelf of the hospitality services offered in Poland (with its bit overpriced room service), my only problem is with the location - there are some pretty rough estates around and there's nowhere to go for a walk.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I stayed in this hotel as part of Trafalgar Eastern Europe Tour for 2 nights. Despite my request for non-smoking room, I discovered that my room had very strong tobacco smell and found out that it was indeed a smoking room. Not only that, right in front of the lift on my floor, there was a lounge area ‘occupied’ by 5 young people who played cards on the floor and were apparently drunk. When I was waiting for the lift to go down to the front desk to change my room, one of those drunk youngsters approached me quite aggressively and asked where I came from. I was quite scared but luckily the lift was open not long afterwards. I immediately reported the incident and also asked for another non-smoking room. I was then assigned another room and this time it was a non-smoking room. So far so good, until the next morning when I was still in bed, another guess opened my door with his key! Apparently, there was a mistake in the front desk as officially I was still assigned to the previous room and officially the room I was occupying then was an empty one. I was really shock and so was that other guess as he immediately said sorry and closed the door. Another surprise came 10 minutes later as I got a call from the front desk asking who I was and why I was in the room I was occupying then. I explained to the front desk staff and he said he would check the system. A few minutes letter he called and explained to me the mistake in their system and that I could stay in my room. I then wrote a complaint letter and went to the front desk to submit it. When asked how mistake like that could happen, the front desk reply was just simply, ‘well, it happened’. Not a single word of apology, nothing. Until now, I also did not receive any response from the GM about my complaint letter.

• Stayed November 2008
4 Thank joanna07
UK
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Our second time at the Westin and thoroughly enjoyed it once again.

It's not in the best of locations for tourists wanting to see the old town, though it's only 20 minutes walk, but is very convenient for the business district and right on the tram line.

We got a very good deal booking directly with the hotel with breakfast included. This was everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel, including "proper" decaff coffee rather than instant (the Intercontinental's only failing....)

Spotless and comfortable room albeit with a lovely view of a car park! The heavenly bed is well named, there are plenty of pillows and for some reason this time we got a turn down service complete with chocolate. Didn't use the bar or restaurant as there are so many good places to try in Warsaw. (Did have a mojito in the bar last time and the barman certainly knows what he's doing). There's a great restaurant over the road called Atrio, which also does breakfasts/lunch. It's closed Sundays and each time we've been on a Saturday we've been the only people there, but don't let that put you off!

We've also stayed at the Sheraton and the Intercontinental in Warsaw as they are phenomenal value compared to Kiev hotels! The Intercontinental wins on fitness facilities and the Sheraton's in a nice neighbourhood, but there's just something about that bed......

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — Having to get out of the bed.....
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travellerfromkiev
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2008

We stayed here as part of a group tour & we all loved our stay.

The beds certainly were heavenly! The rooms were clean, quiet & modern & the bathroom large with a bath seperate to the shower. A drip filter machine was provided for coffee (+ ground beans) but you had to get a kettle from room service to boil water for a cup of tea (free).The was an iron/ironing board in each room.

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The breakfast was terrific- freshly squeezed orange juice + a vast array of food on the buffet. Eggs, pancakes & porridge cooked to order by the chef

Only 20-30 mins walk to the Old town square, but also many shops, restaurants, markets & a supermarket nearby.

The only negatives I can think of are the price of internet connection (no free wifi)-very expensive, & the locking system on the mini bar-we didn't quite figure that one out!

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — Price of internet connection
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mia K
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I stayed at the Westin with my dad for 2 nights. This property is everything you would expect from a Westin. The front desk staff was freindly, the hotel clean and modern, and the restaurants supurb.

Located just 8 minutes (walking) to the main train station and close to local restaurants and shopping. Also just a 20 minute walk to the Former Jewish Ghetto and Old Town. This is a good hotel for tourists and business travelers.

If you are a tourist you may want to consider the Bristol Hotel in Old Town which is also a Starwood property. Both properties are 5 stars, it is just a location decision you need to make.

The restaurant downstairs is excellent. Breakfast and dinner are 5 stars. The hotel has a very good business center with access to the internet. The business center closes early in the evening, but they will open if for you at night.

I would stay here again if I were to return to Warsaw.

• Liked — Location and reatuarant
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank alwaystraveling72