“A comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
London, United Kingdom
“A comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I chose The Westin as it has a very good price at booking.com The hotel is conveniently located in the city centre, within a 10-minute walk to a shopping mall Zlote Tarasy and Central Train Station. What impressed me most at the first sight was a glass lift, going ast up and down outside the building. I had a twin room on the 10th floor, overlooking the city (including a big crane just opposite the hotel).
Other good sides of the hotel are:
- Heavenly Sleep super comfortable beds
- the room was sound proof so you didn't hear your neighbours or any noise from a hall
- coffee maker (I also asked for a regular electric kettle to make just one cup of tea and it was delivered straight away)
- a good size TV with foreign stations
- cleanness of the room and bathroom
- toiletries (shower gel, a regular soap bar, shampoo and conditioner)
- a hairdryer and an ironing board
- small coffee table with small armchairs
What I definitely didn't like was the price of breakfast - 95 zlotych/person. In fact, it was more than I paid for the room. Much too much. I was also a bit disappointed that wi-fi is available only in a lobby area. When you want to use it in a room, it's pretty expensive.
When you don't need to stay closer to the Old Town, the Westin can be a good choice. I'm sure it's not my last time there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Greetings from Warsaw, thank you for taking the time and such a detailed review. Great to hear that you will be coming back - let me know and I will personally look after our reservation. I am sorry that you were able to see a crane, but as you also mentioned the windows are excellent and the noise is kept outside. I do understand that the breakfast rate seems high compared to the room rates, but I am sure you agree, for a European 5 Star hotel, the price is still very reasonable when compared to other capital cities. You will be happy to hear that we are working on a solution for the internet, and I hope to have it in place before you are coming back. Thank you again and best regards, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Perhaps Warsaw is off season but I could have a good room at a very decent price in this great hotel.

I liked their breakfast and their green card initiative is very good. Just hang a green card on the door and they will skip the cleaning and we save the environment together!

It would have been 5 points if WIFI were included in 2014!

JP

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your prositive review and the support of the green card - I hope you received your drink voucher or your SPG points for making a green choice. If not, please let me know and I will look into it. You will also be happy to hear that we have taken your comments about the internet on board and we are working on a solution at the moment, which we plan to introduce soon. So your next review ... can be a 5. Thanks again and be well, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Everything was first class from start to finish - The lady at reception (Anna) was friendly and checked us in with great professionalism - The room was lovely and the breakfast was an absolute feast - Old Town is a pleasant 15 minute walk from the hotel, although only £2-3 in a taxi if you are feeling lazy !!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Barrell, thank you very much for your very nice review and your positive comment about Anna - to be safe I have shared it with all of our Annas at the front desk, we have 3. It sounds like you have enjoyed Warsaw and I looking forward to welcoming you again - you know it is always worth a trip. Be well, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Having become a fairly frequent visitor to the Westin, I continue to be impressed. The front of house service is pretty good - a little bit stiff sometimes, but always very prompt and efficient. Rooms are of a very good standard - very little signs of wear and tear, so maintenance must be doing a job. Bathrooms of a high standard, with rain showers as standard. Beds are very comfortable (to my test), although some may argue a little firm. Breakfast is excellent - a lot of variety, and very good quality. All in all, happy to be a returning guest at the Westin.

One downside - internet is an expensive extra, and I would expect it to be inclusive for a business hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from Warsaw, thank you for this great review and for sharing your experience. As I am pretty new to Warsaw and the hotel - 4 weeks give or take - I am extra gratful for such feedback. I am also taking in your comment about the internet and you will be happy to hear that we are working on a solution at the moment. Looking forward to welcoming you again - let me know when you come back. Be well, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
PHUKET
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice and clean rooms ,great bathroom ,very clean , excellent beding,great location.Breakfast is OK but I have seen better ones .Staff is very efficient but kind of cold.
Across the street from the hotel there is a restaurant named 99 restaurant and bar . It is so good that I wanted to write a review .Unfortunately this restaurant was not available on the trip advisor list .I think that the proximity of this restaurant is a good reason to stay at the Westin

Room Tip: The higher you go the better it is .
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from Warsaw, thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you also enjoyed the Westin Warsaw and not only the restaurant 99 across the street - there are some great restaurants in the area, next time you are in the city let me know and I share with you my favorites - some of them are on par with restaurants in London, Paris or New York. Having said that you should not miss to try out our Fish@Fusion night (Thursdays) which has become very popular amongst people from Warsaw. Again, thank you very much and hope to see you soon again. Be well, Stefan Friedl, Hotel Manager
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed here with a small group on a leisure visit to Warszawa. We had 4 rooms altogether.
At check-in it seemed they had overbooked as they struggled a lot to actually find rooms for us. One couple was offered an upgrade but as far as I know they were charged for it. I may not know the whole story and if they got a reduced cost but if there is an overbooking, it is the hotel's fault and not the customers's I think..

Anyway, once sorted the rooms turned out to be really good and I think even my standard room at 27 m2 on the 6th floor was great - even if I got a twin room instead of a double, which also seemed to be meant for a couple who had cancelled, as there was a small surprise in the room waiting for them.
Air conditioning was working well and was not noisy, there was a good size flatscreen TV, and there was a walk-in shower - major plus points for me. Of course there is a safety deposit box as well but I expect that from a chain hotel like this.
We had all booked with breakfast, and when you put this into the package (pre-paid) it is very good value for money at 40 PLN, as you get a lot of hot and cold options - I doubt there's anything to miss here. If you buy it on-site it will cost 99 PLN which most people would find rather steep, so keep it in mind when booking.

The staff was curteous and professional, and we had some good help from the concierge with booking a table at a restaurant as well as getting taxis on a couple of occasions.
If you don't dine at the hotel, there are a couple of good restaurants right across the road and some more within a very short walk. My favourite was Folk Gospoda, only 400 m away.

The elevator is an experience in itself, giving you a rollercoaster feel especially when going down, but also provides nice views, especially at night when it is all lit up in green.

Would I come back to this hotel if I returned to Warszawa? Yes certainly, and it was a great introduction to the Starwood hotel chain - in fact I am already booked for a revisit at the end of March as I come in from Krakow and the return flight from there was quite expensive, costing as much as two nights in this hotel plus the return ticket from Warszawa - so it's a good bonus :)

Room Tip: Standard rooms are up to the 10th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tertitt69
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Tertitt69,

thank you for your nice comments and objective review. I fully agree there are many great restaurants, Polish and International, in the area of the hotel - but next time you should try Fish@Fusion on Thursday nights, which has become very popular for locals. If you want to drop me a note with your arrival details I will make sure that this time the present in your room, is for you and you only. My appologies for the wait at the check in - when the hotel is busy, sometimes rooms have to be reassinged etc. but we always do our best. See you soon again in Warszawa. Be well. Stefan Friedl
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Amazing well furnished rooms and has very well served breakfast. Bar at ground floor was very good in service. Location is very central to city and close to old city center (2 km walking distance) and also close to other business centers. Staff were very cordial, nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stefan F, Manager at The Westin Warsaw, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your nice review. As I am new to Warsaw and the Westin Warsaw, these are the comments which make me very happy. Looking forward to meeting you during your next visit. best reagrds and be well, Stefan Friedl