“Very good breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Espoo
“Very good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel is nice and clean as well as the rooms. The area is good, there is short walk to the center of Warsaw.
Staff was very nice and spoke great English was eager to help on any issue.

Breakfast was awesome! So many varietes of food that I did not know what to eat! Fresh fruits and berries, own cook making omelets as you wish etc. It was great.

I think we will stay here again when we go to Warsaw.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel was at nice district and rooms were clean and nice.
Breakfast was very tasty and with lot of options. Also fresh omelets and fresh
squeezed juices and smoothies.
Also parking was secure and right under the hotel.

As for bad experience...
1. We were waken up several times at night (04:00-05:00) by drunken quests, before security did anything.
2. Rooms at 3rd floor did not have WiFi. WiFi was one of the reasons we booked the hotel.
3. Cleaning lady came into room at 8:00, even that we were still there, trying to wake up.
4. At breakfast , facilities and food was great, but the staff made it very loud and stressing with constantly running around. You felt like being on staff's way.
5. At checkout, man at the desk was more interested in running his routine with five star overlook, instead of caring how the stay was. I asked about wifi, and he said they know it does not work on 3rd floor... thanks... FYI: wifi is only reasonable way to be online for traveling foreigners.

Room Tip: Ask room with wifi, 4th floor of higher. Park car on level -3 or lower, from there is direct Hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ada R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel Warszawa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel for your stay in Warsaw.

With this letter I wish to thank you very much for your kind complements towards our product.

At the same time I would like to refer to your comments which you considered as “bad experience”. I would like to stress that, unfortunately we do not have any influence on our guests’ behavior therefore it is hard for me to take the responsibility for the situation when you have been awaken by drunken guests. I can also assure you that our security force takes the relevant actions without any unnecessary delay, as soon as the information about disturbances is passed by the guest to front desk.
We do have placed in all our rooms Do Not Disturb signs and by hanging this outside the door our employees receive clear message not to enter. We leave up to our guests’ decision when they will allow the service to get in to the room.
Our breakfast team do their utmost to provide the prompt and efficient service, what is expected by our guests and for what we are often appreciated.
I am sorry to learn that you found it annoying for yourself.
We are currently working on the upgrade of the wifi connection and it can not be exactly foreseen on which floor the connection may be unreachable. Again, I do regret we did not receive the information from you during your stay and have not been given a chance to offer you another room with the effective wifi connection.
I am also sorry that you did not find the service during your check-out as much attentive as you would expect.

I do trust that you will find our reply to your review as fair and honest and you will be choosing Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel for your future stays during the trips to Warsaw.

Sincerely yours

Dorota Lesiewicz
Director of Operations
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Radisson as part of a deal, and so it was excellent value for us. We were allocated a disabled room as my rife has done mobility problems and they put a rollaway bed in there for our daughter which she said was really comfortable.
The room was a decent size, had a safe, minibar, good TV, free bottles of water, and a walk in shower. The problem was in the design of the bathroom. The wAter just didn't run away into the drain. So, after a shower, the floor of the bathroom was covered by about 2cms of water. In fact, we were worried it would overflow into the main bedroom. We told reception about it, but nothing noticeable changed afterwards. The other issue was the temperature. Even in the coldest setting, the room was like an oven.
The breakfast buffet was ok, but nothing great. I asked for poached eggs one day, waited 15 minutes then gave up. I didn't make that mistake again!!
The concierge was great and most staff spoke English. The food in the brasserie was awful and the service was excruciatingly slow, even though it was pretty empty.
The gym was very well equipped, and the swimming pool was a decent size (but very dark).
Location was excellent. I would recommend turning right out if the hotel and walking 6-7 minutes to the Folk Gospoda restaurant - an excellent traditional Polish restaurant.
All in all, a good place to stay and I wod definitely return if we got a good deal on the room rate.

• Stayed May 2013
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked this hotel for a long weekend in Warsaw and decided to go a little bit more upmarket and benefit from a central location and the included breakfast.
Well, it is everything you expect it to be. Nothing over the top and not any charm, just a professional and clean hotel where the staff are helpful without being specifically welcoming.

On the plus side, the buffet breakfast is worth the added cost and the rooms were sufficiently large and comfortable.
Quite a few restaurants in the surrounding area make it functional and you are a nice walk (20ish minutes) from the old town, which is one of the highlights.

On the minor side is the small swimming pool and the hotel is more for business travellers than tourists.

All in all it certainly did not negatively impact our stay but it made it smoother. Recommended if you want a hassle free trip and aren't after the charming cultural experience....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mons, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I wouldn't go so far as to call this hotel five stars. It was at most a luxurious 3 star or a poor 4 star hotel. My quest to find a true 5 star establishment in Europe continues. The closest I've come was the Amrath in Amsterdam. When it comes to 5 star hotels, I tend to visualize extreme attention to detail in the service, spotless rooms, incredible bedding, and a topnotch bathroom facility along with amenities.

Upon arriving at Chopin Airport, I made the mistake of accepting taxi services from the first guy that spoke English. Now I know this has nothing to do with the Radisson but it's definitely something to watch out for if travelling to Poland. So this gentleman, after I took him up on his taxi service, abruptly offers to carry my girlfriend's suit case and literally jogs away. At first I thought to myself, "Am I going to have to chase this guy and beat him down to get our suitcase back?" I later realized that it was his way of "sealing the deal." He heads toward the parking garage, pays for his parking fee and continues power-walking toward a van. By this time, it's an awkward moment to say, "No thanks, we'll just find another cab." I mean... I found it strange but decided to just go with it.

We take our seats in his van and I asked how much the fare would cost. He replied that it depends on the meter. I didn't see a meter which is usually located in front of the gear shift. He had a device on the driver's side that looked like a GPS and I figured maybe he has an app that calculates the fare. We arrived at the hotel and I asked how much and he replied 140 Zloty, pointing at a print out with a list of fees. That's roughly 30EUR. Now... before I flew out I calculated the fare and it shouldn't cost more than 40 Zloty. I could've easily argued that he mentioned the meter and that he could've showed me the fee chart before driving out, I could've called the police, blah blah blah... but I was feeling charitable and figured he needed the money more than I did. But I was still pissed off that I got ripped off and being on vacation... I didn't want to start off the holidays on the wrong foot. So I let it go. No biggy, 30EUR is an average taxi fare anyways.

We arrive at 1130am, check in was stated 3pm but I emailed ahead of time to let them know about our early arrival. Our room wasn't ready yet so we had lunch and left our luggage. We returned and got a room on the Scandinavian floor. It was decent. Nothing really special about it. A king size bed, a desk, flat panel TV, a safe, mini bar, tea kettle, tea bags, coffee, and complimentary still and sparkling water. I opened the fridge and the mini bar only had one soda, one wine and two spirits. Definitely not 5 star standards to allow guests in without a fully stocked mini bar... just my opinion. The bathroom didn't come with a tub. There were two shower heads. On main nozzle and a free hand one to the side. The door to the shower was just a slab of glass and water got all over the floor. Be sure to ask for a room with a tub.

Our first night there was... just okay. The TV had a usb and an hdmi port. You can insert a usb stick with avi, mp4 files so you can watch movies and shows on the TV. That was pretty cool. What wasn't cool was the non-existent wifi connection. They have an Ethernet cable to plug directly into your laptop but if you brought your ipad or other wireless devices, you're screwed… proper screwed. Again... not the characteristics of a 5 star hotel.

The next day we slept in and woke up around 12pm and decided to grab some things at the grocery store down the street before checking out the gym, spa, and sauna facility. As we stepped out, we were greeted by a cleaning lady. She asked if we wanted our room cleaned. Knowing that we would be back in a few minutes and needing to change before heading to the gym we asked her to clean it later. As we walked away, she started talking smack about us... whispering to one of the bell boys. Seriously? I can't understand what you're saying but I know that you're talking bad about us. I repeat... not what I expect from a 5 star.

The gym is located on the lower floor. As you step out of the elevator, you're met with the reception. We walk out of the elevator and... blank stares. Yep... the girl behind the counter just stares at us. I had to break the ice and ask, "Can we go in?" She said, "Yes." That was it. Didn't ask if we needed lockers, towels, "Is this your first time here?" "What room number are you?" Nothing. So we just figured things out on our own. The facility is great for a hotel. It's very well equipped. The first floor has cardio equipment and nautilus machines along with cable weights. Downstairs boasts various free weights and a squat rack!

So on to the pool, sauna, and steam room. The pool is roughly 10-12 meters in length and about 5 meters wide. Great for casual laps and lounging. The spa/jacuzzi water was the same temperature as the pool. As my girlfriend and I head into the sauna/steam room area, a man was in there walking around naked even though the rules clearly state that patrons must wear a swimsuit. After the shock, we head into the sauna room. Low and behold... another naked dude laying there with his junk just hanging out. So keep that in mind if you're travelling with kids. Make sure your daughter doesn't venture alone in the sauna area or she might be met with an unpleasant surprise. Not sure if that's a Polish thing where it's okay for men to walk around naked or not.

Our last day we hit up the breakfast buffet. Now, I'm always against any sort of buffet after reading "Kitchen Confidentials," by Anthony Bourdain. Most buffet menus are leftovers or old food the owner is trying to get rid of in the form of "fancy" brunch type cuisines. My girlfriend always wanted to try hotel breakfast so she insisted. It was... ehh, just okay. Everyone wrote how there was so much selection. But I mean come on... lots of selection of what? Low grade food? It was mediocre at best and definitely not worth 80 Zloty per person. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, and "sausages." The sausages were basically hot dogs. On the other side, there were cured meats, smoked salmon, and an array of cheeses and bread. Pretty much your average ingredients you can buy at any grocery store. Like I said, this is just my personal opinion but if I'm paying 20 euros for breakfast at a five star hotel, they should at least have some high quality food and a complimentary mimosa.

To conclude... the price of the hotel made up for the semi-decent experience. If you're looking for a cheap place to explore... check out Poland. Don't accept cab rides from guys that approach you at the airport. Beware of naked dudes in the unisex sauna. And finally... Polish appear to be angry at the world but make them laugh a bit and they're not half bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jay P
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Modern hotel and room was quite spacious with decent sized bathroom. Was chosen for its fairly close proximity to the Modlin airport bus which we arrived on and also the train station which we took to go back to the airport. Got off to a bad start as we were allocated a smoking room even tho booking a non-smoking one. However, we were quickly reallocated a non-smoking room. Reception staff were efficient but a bit cold. Hotel is a good 20 to 25 minute walk to the old town and not on the most interesting of roads. Room had tea making facilities which was most welcome. The hotel was comfortable for coming back to after a day sight seeing and was also close to the centrum shopping centre if you like shopping. Did not try the breakfast or restaurants for dinner. If we were to return to Warsaw, we would probably try to get a hotel closer to the old town.

• Stayed October 2012
astana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed in April for 3 night from 12 to 15, Business Room, Double, Breakfast included. Booked on www.hotels.com. Got Weekend Special offer so the rate was 50 euro per night for double, with two breakfasts. For this price the hotel is perfect. We had a nice room with a view on Stalin's ыky scrapper, coffee machine, comfortable bed, - what else expect from the hotel?
The only drawback was WiFi - really slow!

Room Tip: If you are a coffee person - book Business room as it goes with coffee machine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple