“Perfect in almost every way”

Polonia Palace Hotel
Ranked #4 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Located 200 yards from the main railway station it is ideal. Must admit though, we used taxis to and from airport as they are really good value. Directly across from The Palace of Science and Culture and surrounded by fantastic restaurants, bars and clubs it is in the perfect location. The hotel is spotless. My 1 tiny complaint is that the bed sheets were not changed daily. The bar is excellent although a little expensive as far as Warsaw prices go but the happy hour between 4 & 6pm helps. However, the breakfast is something else. It has EVERYTHING, including Prosecco & Vodka on tap. Breakfast gets 6 out of 5 in my opionion. One tip though, don't take too many vokdas if you want to see a football match with an 8.45pm kick off. We would love to come back in October but it looks like the prices will be more realistic for a hotel of this quality than the ridiculous low price we got at the start of March. Maybe i'll just pay for breakfast!

Room Tip: As far as i know, they are all excellent
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

we stayed in room 320 , non smoking .we had a lovely view of the busy square
never seen a busier place .lncredible amounts of people used the metro system and it is impressive
the maid service was carried out to a very high standard
the breakfast was excellent
the staff were always cheerful,and very helpful.
the bar staff were very good at their jobs; and special mention to big bart,who made bloody mary cocktails that were fantastic
do your self a favour stay in this top class hotel - hannah.

Room Tip: get a room with a view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My Polish husband and I stayed there for just the one night in February this year. I had just booked a standard room, and at the time didn't realise that you didn't get free wifi. Upon checkin, we were offered an upgrade for a small price, which we took.

The room (an Executive), was huge - and the bathroom I am sure was the size of a hotel room also. Lovely and clean, very quiet for being in the centre of Warsaw. The price of this room also included free wifi and breakfast - and the breakfast was amazing.

This is the first time that I have seen vodka offered free for breakfast - a huge range of foods from hot to cold, savoury and sweet. Lots of different kinds of teas and coffees, plus about four fruit juice choices.

We were very happy and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle K
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Was across in Warsaw with my wife for the Poland v Scotland football match in March 2014, and as it was the first holiday me and my wife had taken in a while, I decided to go for a bit of luxury.
We had visited Warsaw in 2008, and that time we stayed in the Old Town, but this time I decided to stay closer to the train station (for ease of getting in and out, location in terms of the old and new towns, and how handy it was for getting to the football stadium).
Usually I do all my bookings on booking.com, but best I could get was £100 per night for a standard room with no breakfast, but soon found a great deal on another site for a luxury double room with breakfast for £75 a night (seemed far to go to be true, but that was the deal we got).
As soon as you walk into the hotel the staff can not do enough for you.... we were checked in to the hotel in no time, we were given a map of the city and a token for two complimentary drinks in the hotel bar.
There was a restaurant I had found on Tripadvisor that I wanted to visit that night (Podwale Kompania Piwna) which they said they would book a table for us and a taxi (as it is very popular and a bit of a distance from the hotel).
Rooms are lovely and clean (with mini bar, safe and complimentary bottle of water every day), we were offered a city view room with a great view of the Palace of Science and Culture), with the windows triple glazed that you get hardly any of the street traffic noise.
Would say, having booked a luxury room I expected the actual room to be a little bit bigger/spacious, but was rather small. Also the bed sheets on the bed could be a little bit bigger (me and my wife had to fight for covers most nights.
This is probably my only criticism, but it is VERY minor.
Breakfast was a feast of a different mixture of warm and cold meats, breads (Slovak apple and raisin bread, Lithuanian Rye bread etc... all baked from a local company), but they can also prepare a fantastic omelette for you.
Also champagne and vodka is served.
All in all I am VERY satisfied with this hotel and would rank it as one of the top 2/3 I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanderer_scotland
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have beeing staying in this Hotel several times now. In the begining Wifi was a problem now this issue is solved! The rooms are very nice - and for all smokers - smoker rooms are available!!! The Location is close to the central railway Station, in between the entrace to the old town and the new town. Not 5 dots due to I prefer hotels with an indoor swimming pool.
br Werner

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

What a treat to stay here! Classy, calm, restful atmosphere. Lovely reception area, plus staff to help you with your luggage. Fantastic room with an unbelievable view of the Palace of Science and Culture, and the bustle and busyness of a capital city. However, close the window and it was lovely and quiet inside.
Fantastic breakfast with staff waiting to meet your every wish, our only regret was that we could only stay for one night. I don't think we got charged for the Wifi, either.
There were a couple of minor niggles - the window was grubby which spoilt the view somewhat for photographs, and the double quilt was not wide enough for the bed which was the width of two singles. I'm sure if we'd stayed another night the quilt would have been rectified, and I expect cleaning the windows that high up (5th floor) is quite a major operation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've stayed in the Polonia a few times over the years. From the moment of your arrival, you feel like you're in a wonderful, classy location. My room was very clean and comfortable and facing the square. Althought I was only on 2nd floor, there was hardly any noise. Staff were all extremely polite and helpful. Breakfast, although not quite as amazing as it used to be when the hotel first reopened in 2005, is still excellent, with a fabulous choice of dishes. For this reason I recommend booking a rate that includes breakfast. My only gripe is that the Polonia doesn't have free internet in the room. Otherwise highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo