“Don't miss the staircase!”

Polonia Palace Hotel
Ranked #4 of 129 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed September 5, 2013

First, my trip to Poland surprised and educated me. Warsaw was my last stop and no other hotel could have made the ending better. Beautiful, historical, charming, immaculate, friendly (especially the bar folks), and primely situated with spectacular views. Rooms offer comforting amenities with bottled water, bathrobes, quality toiletries and bedside chocolates. The breakfast, included, had every food one could possibly desire from local cheeses, fish, sausages to made to order omelette and granola bar. Shots of vodka, sparkling wine and freshly squeezed juices along with cappuccinos or espresso were served starting at 6am. The hotel offers the use of a private car.
Don't miss the marble spiral staircase off the lobby!
This is one of the surviving architectural gems of Warsaw and not to be missed.

Room Tip: Great massage at the end of a long tourist day. Ask for a room with a view of "Stalin's Gif...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jv40
Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Polonia Palace in Warsaw for one week in late August this year. The hotel was built 100 years ago and has in recent years undergone a total renovation, it combines in a charming way an old architectual style with modernity. The service is swift and accurate, the staff extremely polite and always smiling. We stayed in a standard room that was spatious and well furnished, the beds were comfortable with lovely bed clothes, the bathroom was very nice too. Complimentary tea/coffee and mineral water. The breakfast buff'e was a pleasure, not only regarding the variety but also the very high quality of food. We also greatly enjoyed the Bojangles bar (long "happy hours"!). The Polonia is situated in the very centre of Warsaw and therefore very suitable for exploring the city. Taxi is quite cheap and easily available, the hotel has its own car service, too. If you are planning a trip to Warsaw, make sure you book the Polonia Palace!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara Viktori... B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel staff were very polite and friendly. The food is very good, breakfast buffet is a real charm, and one should try the proposed traditional special Polish evening menu. We stayed her for 3 nights in march, beautiful room with superb view on the Cultural Palace.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mathieuke
Reviewed September 3, 2013

When visiting Warsaw, I always make it a point to stay at the Polonia Palace. Have lodged there seven times and will do so the next time I visit. The staff are genuinely friendly and always willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. The rooms are quite, comfortable, and nicely appointed. The breakfast is extra but well worth the modest additional cost. My favorite of any hotel I have been to in the 13 countries I have visited in Europe! It offers traditional Polish fare (including vodka) as well as eggs, bacon, made-to-order omelets, and a good selection of cheeses, meats, and pastries. The Polonia's bar, Bojangles, is a perfect place to spend a few hours. While drinking there you can enjoy an unimpeded view of the Communist-era kitsch masterpiece, the infamous Palace of Culture and Science, which is the tallest building in Warsaw and just across the street. The Polonia's location is perfect: close to most tourist attractions, a short and walkable two blocks from Warsaw's Central Railway Station, and a cheap cab ride from the city's international airport. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at Polonia Palace for two nights in the month of August. What a great experience this was for us. The hotel staff were very attentive, polite and friendly. Our room was of a good size, modern interior, very clean. I would love to stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

First let me say the location is good and the reception hall is impressive. Our mattress was comfortable.

However, the room decoration is completely dull, tasteless and definitely not worth the price of a 4 star hotel. It felt like they didn't dare to make a choice. Every time I entered the room I pictured the decorator thinking "Should I go for minimalism, functionalism... let's just be boring!". I know it was my imagination, but only something like that can be the explanation.

The duvet did not cover the whole bed (we have had this problem in other Polish hotels) so we had to request an extra one and sleep with one covering the upper part of our bodies and another one the legs (4 nights like this, can you believe it?).

They seemed to have a problem with housekeeping. We once left a dirty towel on the floor to have it changed and it was folded back to the hanging next to the shower, this is the first time ever I see such a thing (in case you wonder, yes, they had the typical policy throw your towel on the floor if you want it replaced). The next day they forgot to clean the bathroom at all and we had to ask the reception desk to have it cleaned while we were out for dinner.

We had dinner at a snack bar one day we arrived late and I must say it was expensive, took ages to serve simple burgers that were not so good and the waiter, who clearly thought much of himself, was not much of a help, misplaced our orders and was not well informed of the menu, so his clarifications were useless.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Arale N
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have been to this hotel 3 times now. The rooms are good and very clean. We had superior rooms and Ececutive rooms. The hotel itself is charming. The food is very good, and I was very impressed by a male waiter. He remembered all the orders of 10 people.

At check out they tried to charge us many hundred zloty extra. We had prepaid the rooms with Staypoland.com. She would not listen to this and insisted we should pay. I then got the written confirmation from Staypoland.com that clearly stated it was fully prepaid. After some arguing she had to give up. This is why I have rated the hotel a bit lower, it was not very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the Palace of Culture and Science