“Loved this Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Centennial, Colorado
“Loved this Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at the Polonia Palace Hotel in Warsaw. I read that it was Warsaw's only pre-war hotel and had low expectations on how nice it would be. It was fantastic. Very modern and clean. There was free wifi in the rooms and lobby that gave everybody a chance to catch up. The breakfast was extremely good with a wide selection for local and standards. Really surprised to see champagne and vodka on the buffet line - but there it was. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Would absolutely stay again if I'm lucky enough to return to Warsaw. Loved it!

Room Tip: Have the vodka for breakfast!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mat J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Yucaipa, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We we were booking our trip to Warsaw,I started looking on tripdvisor and saw this hotel. After several reviews I saw a pattern of noisy weddings, so I E-mailed the hotel with my concerns. I received a response form the manager, that he could book us a room away from the noise and in a quiet end of the hotel, so I made the reservation,requesting this quiet room.We arrived Friday night, hotel is beautiful, our transfer arranged by the hotel was perfect and we began our trip.
Sat. morning went to great breakfast at the hotel,then started our sightseeing day. After dinner we returned to the hotel,and guess what, a wedding was going on.It was just a piano at first and was quiet,but latter the DJ started and it went til 3AM!!!! I called the desk to ask what time is was over and to complain,and was told the time and they were sorry., they asked if they could move us,but at 1AM I wasn't going anywhere! When down the next morning to the front desk,was told there was no manager working that morning and that they weddings get very noisy, REALLY NO S__T ! Really its a nice hotel,but if they had a quiet room at 1AM,why didn't they give us that one when we arrived,and really don't like being miss-led by the manager about a quiet room
Would defiantly NOT EVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank arcoccia
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I had the pleasure of staying here for two nights in mid-June. The hotel building itself and lobby is beautiful and feels like a boutique, recently redecorated mansion. Efficient and friendly hotel staff, wonderful breakfast buffet in a comfortable room. Guest rooms are quite handsome. Near main train station with good walking access to a number of good restaurants. You must try the hotel restaurant, Strauss, especially for special occasions.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Road_Warrior52
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have decided to book this hotel on my way back from holidays in Georgia. Reservation was made in March. When made the booking I have raised few concerns in regards of twin bed and early check-in availability. Message completely ignored even though reservation was made through the hotel web site. I have repeated my questions again two days prior arrival to Warsaw only to hear that there is absolutely no guarantee as all my requests are subject to availability. Dear Wioletta G. from the Reservation Department. I knew all this, there was no need to repeat what I have already read from the hotel web site. The question was, what the hotel could do about it to accommodate our needs. Not mention to apologise for your nearly 3 months late answer! So after sleepless night flight to Warsaw, we managed to reach the hotel at 8AM. Obviously room wasn't ready so I started to converse with the receptionist if there is possibility to at least get some little b-fast, answer was NO as long as we wish to pay 80PLN(16GBP or 24USD) per person extra for our meal despite the fact we booked business room with early check-in and b-fast included. Total rip off! As we were not very hungry I asked receptionist if there is any other option to get something smaller or at least some coffee. Yet again answer was NO,NO and NO. We both felt awkward at that point like some sort of beggars. Is that really problematic for Polonia Palace Hotel to offer at least complimentary filter coffee and piece of cookie for those who have arrived so early and waiting to be checked in? How much it would have cost that little gesture? Instead receptionist suggested that we could use our complimentary drink vouchers if we feel thirsty. What a joke! Later our luggages were taken by the porter and we were promised that by midday room should be ready. So only four hours waiting. We went for b-fast to one of the cafe at Nowy Swiat street for 15PLN per person not 80 like in the hotel with rolls,sausages,eggs,cheese,ham,tomatoes,freshly squeezed orange juice and espresso coffee. Well worth it! Shame on you Polonia that we have spent our money somewhere else as your employees did show absolutely no flexibility.
Came back to the hotel by midday only to hear from another receptionist that it will take another our for our room to be ready mentioning also that check-in is from 2PM anyway! What a nerve! At that point I have demanded to speak with manager and miraculously all of the sudden not one but two rooms became available to choose from! The only person who new how to handle the hole situation was person who finally checked us in,if I'm not mistaken Jaroslaw. So thank you that at least he knew how to speak to its own clients with respect and understanding.
Last thing utterly disappointing was wi-fi connectivity. Just terrible. Loosing signal every several minutes for another few minutes.
The brightest part of the stay was b-fast. As always very polite staff. Delicious fresh food of good selection.
Check out? Well phraseology do not exists. "Did you have a nice stay,Thank you for staying with us or Hope see you soon or Safe trip back home" wouldn't go amiss. Instead it was: "Here is your invoice,thank you,bye"
Fifth stay at this hotel,always happy this time was an utter disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ArturNorthLondon
LI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Warsaw is a city changing before your eyes, and the Polania Palace is in an excellent location. We had a room facing the square, and still it was quiet The rooms were very comfortable and well furnished, as was the bath. The only problem is we asked for a king sized bed and the duvets are too small. Ask for two twin duvets if you have a king size bed. The breakfast was the best we had in Eastern Europe. Nothing was missing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daylilly50
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My experience at this hotel has been everywhere from excellent to poor. They do have problems with maintaining the quality. I like the building and the location, I like the spacious rooms and big bathrooms. I don't like the unpredictable service and food quality. At some point of traveling to Warsaw I chose Polonia Palace over the chain hotels where you feel like a piece of meat on a food processing line. Now I miss their predictability.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Service in this hotel is excellent - we were helped a lot by Hubert, but other people in the reception and the lounge were also really nice and helpful.
Rooms are quiet and comfortable, breakfast great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business