“A seriously underated hotel”
Review of Metropol Hotel

Metropol Hotel
Ranked #35 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here in early January 2014 and loved the hotel. Can't beat the location seriously right across the road from the palace of culture and a 5 min walk to the main train station! The room was of a very good size, bed was comfortable, bathroom was like brand new and spotless! The hotel staff were excellent and the wifi worked well in my room. Overall if I ever come back to Warsaw this is the hotel I will stay at without a doubt!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank wansbury82

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed here for one night back in October. It is located near the train station in a busy area. The front desk staff were very friendly both arriving and when I was leaving. They gave me a token for a free drink in the bar. This was great when I ordered some food there. The food was very nice and tasty. As it was located near a major traffic section, I expected more noise at night but I slept fine there. The TV didn't have many English channels but I didn't really care. Would go there again

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank foleyger
Reviewed December 3, 2013

It was far too warm in the room and the temperature couldn’t be changed. I spoke to reception and they asked if I was on the 8th floor. I said yes and they just laughed and said that floor was always warm. I was offered the chance to move but I was just heading out and wouldn’t be back until late.

The decor of the room was dated and the bathroom a bit shabby. Also, the cost of the wifi was astronomical.

I’ll look for somewhere else next time in Poland…

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank UKBeerDrinker
Reviewed November 29, 2013

In Warsaw for a recent concert the wife and I stayed at the Hotel Metropol. The location was perfect as our gig was within five minutes walking distance, as are the central train station and shopping area. As expected in the city center there was noise from traffic(all night) and we were on the eighth floor.
Our room was on the small side, which is often the case in hotels built in the communist era, but it was clean and adequate for our needs. One night was fine but on a longer stay I would personally like a little more space.
Food in their restaurant was very reasonably priced and very good quality. This was also the case with the buffet breakfast which included probably the best bacon I have ever had in Poland.
Staff were friendly and helpful and the bar has live music twice a week. If we need to be central in Warsaw city again I will definitely use the Metropol for one night, but would really like that to be their Jazz night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gpr
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I was very satisfied with this hotel. I spent only one night but I can tell that my room was clear, nice, cosy, comfortable. Staff is very nice and helpful and. Location is great in the city center, next to train station, not far from the Old Town which you can reach by feet. It was cheap and worth it's price. I will visit it again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Achaja
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Only positive thing was the location. It is close to the city center, shops and train station. Reception, check in and check out was OK. Rooms seemd to be old and oldfashioned. You sholud try some other hotel for this price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is perfectly adaequate for a short stay. The rooms are clean with the usual facilities and the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were good and the bar area ideal for a late night vodka and sometimes with jazz on certain nights.The metropol is ideally situated near shopping centres (10 mins walk) and the old town (35- 40 mins).
The minus points were noisey rooms as the hotel was near a main road junction and the other being the pay for WiFi which often had to be recoded several times to get the internet.

Room Tip: Ask for rear room.