“A (not so little) gem!”
Review of Gromada Hotel

Gromada Hotel
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed December 26, 2012

OK - the surroundings aren't pretty but you can't beat this hotel for location and price.

Positives:
A speedy check-in. One signature and a few keystrokes on the computer and that was it! Way to go! A few minutes walk from the Palace of Culture. Has a small restaurant downstairs (which at first appearance resembles a children's playroom!) and a good-priced bar that serves hot snacks and cold beer/vodka and operates very generous opening hours! Very friendly barstaff but found the restaurant staff a bit cool. No problem with the Warsaw winter - hotel is over-heated! Thankfully, room radiators can be turned off. Didn't notice any air-con though so might be stifling in summer. Nice big lobby (all the better for checking-in tour groups). Free Wi-Fi and a choice of smoking accomodation. OK sized room/bathroom for a capital city. Very patient room service staff - room was always serviced daily no matter what time we vacated it. (Not always a given in some hotels!) Excellent price for airport transfer (when booked at Reception).Great, mad Indian restaurant nearby ("Bollywood") - has karaoke. Has to be seen/heard to be believed!

Negatives:
Wi-Fi access code had to renewed daily. You have to line up at Reception every day for a brand new code - a real bind especially as Reception was woefully understaffed (and husband was keen to keep up with the sporting action at home). Hotel is very popular with tour/conference groups (hence big lobby!). Lots of noise at night from so-called adults letting off steam. Hotel is large. We kept finding new wings and corridors. It is spread over two blocks so there was lots of door-banging, shouting and noisy suitcase wheels trundling along corridors. Only one elevator - very, very slow! No tea/coffee making facilties in room. No fridge either. TV choice was limited. Only one English language channel - Euronews.

Despite thes gripes, we enjoyed our stay. Definitely worth 4 stars. Just wished that they would allow Wi-Fi access for length of stay. Oh and a free city map would be nice too.

Room Tip: The new wing is quieter as you are away from the generator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 25, 2012

and not in a good way. Unless you stay in the more expensive, new part you are subject to dated decor and old budget furniture and fittings. Bathrooms are pretty shocking as well. Only stayed there for one night and thanked God it was only for one night. Don't know how they got their 3 star rating as I stayed in a one star hotel in Warsaw before that boasted much higher standard than this! Avoid like a plague!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MartadePolonia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I took my 80 year old grandma on trip to Warsaw and we stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of November. I think we were in the old part of the hotel (not across the walkway) and I had no complaints about the room. The rooms are of a decent size, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom, with baths, was a little dated but absolutely fine.

The breakfast is brilliant- cooked bacon, sausage, boiled eggs, meats, cheeses, cereal, croissants, including some polish food, and goes on until really quite late 10.30/11 (I'm a vegetarian and still felt there was plenty for me to choose from)- couldn't have asked for more.

The location's also great, me and my grandma walked everywhere from the hotel- to all the major attractions, and also to the train station- the stations a bit of jaunt, maybe 20 minutes, but is do-able with cases on wheels.

The staff were lovely and helped with any info I asked for. Similar to other reviews I can say that the free wifi worked in the reception area but didn't quite reach the room.

I have no complaints whatsoever about this hotel, it is big, but personable, in a good location, and is priced accordingly- I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I spent two nights here last week. I stayed in a room in the old original building rather than the new block that appears in the photographs. The room was tired and and very out of date. The radiator was boxed in and I was not able to turn the heat down. The two beds had old mattresses and I could feel every spring. I did not sleep much rhe first night because of the mattrress and the noise from the street outside. There is only one lift and at busy times it was easier to use the stairs. The staff in the breakfast room could learn to smile, especially the lady that wants to see your room key before you enter.
The best thing about the hotel is the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new block
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of November as a couple on a city break, the hotel is huge but we found the service to be friendly and personable. At around £30 per person per night including a good breakfast, we found this hotel to be excellent value for money. The room was a little tired but clean and tidy, we found the beds comfortable. The breakfast really set you up for a days sightseeing, with a hot cooked and continental breakfast available.

All the major sights were within walking distance, and we found a couple of nice bars very close to the hotel for a nightcap, I would stay here again if we visited Warsaw again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smee39
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My first time in Poland, I visited Warsaw for a week from 29 Sept. hotel was very central & easy to get to most places even by walking. Rooms were serviced well. Breakfast was very good. Wi-fi in room was impossible but in reception area was good, not sure if it was my room location. You get code & password everyday to connect. I was glad that I chose this hotel for my first visit & would stay there again, if I go to Warsaw.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo