“Missing a trick for 5 stars”

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here on business and things didn't get off to a very good start as the room wasn't ready despite booking an apartment and arriving at 5pm. The reception didn't really apologise for this but did offer us a drinks voucher for the bar while we waited. Once I did get in to the room, it still smelled of the previous occupant's perfume which made me feel a bit sick it was that strong.
The room however was very big and comfortable, although the bathroom was a bit on the small side bearing in mind this was an apartment.
Food in both the brasserie and breakfast were of a high standard with lots of choice on offer, although we had to ask 3 times at breakfast for coffee to be brought to the table.
All in all this is certainly a good hotel, but lacks the complete level of service to make it best in class. Would I stay here again? Probably not, I would try another similar price bracket. But I would still recommend it to business travellers as long as they consider it is not top notch.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relations and Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
I sincerely thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel. We value the information from our Guests, we carefully analyze it and we learn from it, in order to constantly improve.
First, I wish to apologize for a delay in preparing your room and the resulting service shortcomings, as well as for the slow breakfast service. I am sharing all information with our teams and please rest reassured it won’t happen again, as what we want to provide is magnifique service and marvelous experiences for all our Guests.
On the other hand I do appreciate your affirmative notes on our generous breakfast buffet and also on the quality of the food in our new Brasserie Moderne. We find your positive feedback very much rewarding, as after remodeling of the spaces, we put a lot of attention and work to deliver culinary delight matching with the hotel’s new image. Soon, we will also offer luxuriously redesigned suites and I believe that we will be able to suit the taste of most demanding travelers.
Having said that, I still hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your future travel occasions and I gladly remain at your disposal for any assistance you would require,
Yours sincerely,
Piotr Prasuła

Write a ReviewReviews (3,046)

Reviewed February 5, 2014

For the New Year season,I decided to go to Warsaw which I expected to discover under a thick coat of snow. Though luck, the winter started milder then ever with no snow. Anyway, to indulge myself a compensation I went for the motto of SOFITEL, " life is magnific in Warsaw ". And indeed, the SOFITEL Victoria is up to that slogan : lavish interiors, helpful staff, innovative and ideally balanced New Year's eve menu, perfection in any single detail. This, without mentioning the personnal welcome and attention of the G.M. Really, life is magnific in Warsaw, still more at the SOFITEL

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Ralations at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Warsaw and for giving us some feedback.

I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria. Here at Sofitel we do our upmost to ensure that every guest leaves happy and willing to visit again. That is why it gives us immense satisfaction after receiving such a wonderful review. We are particularly pleased that you are enjoyed our New Year's menu and that you spent with us nice time.
Best regards,
Beata Nowak-Obrzut

Reviewed February 4, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Argentomax
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relations at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Reviewed February 2, 2014

It was my first time in Warsaw by business and one of the thing why I'll remember it is this excellent hotel. Room was very comfortable, more space that I actually needed. Staff were very kind and always ready to help.
Excellent choice for the breakfast, a lot of food and nothing was missing even that day was some conference in the hotel and the restaurant was full of people.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Concierge_Sofitel, Guest Relation at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing with us your opinion on the recent stay in Sofitel Warsaw Victoria. We strive for perfection in Guest services and your kind feedback is very much appreciated as it allows us further improving the quality of our work.
I especially thank you for your affirmative notes regarding our staff. It is very much rewarding for our daily efforts and it is motivating us to become even better in the future.
I remain with best regards,
Beata Nowak-Obrzut

Reviewed February 1, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Concierge_Sofitel, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The location is excellent. Centrally located, friendly staff and a nice hotel The staff are hospitable ( MR Piot concierge was in mode= thank you for your help. Alicia in Front desk who checked me in was very pleasant and efficient. Everything was very classy and clean. i recomended this hotel for everybady and im comming back too

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Concierge_Sofitel, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying in Sofitel Warsaw Victoria and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy that you have enjoyed our hotel's fantastic location. It combines easy access to both the historical as well as the commercial centers of the city. This location offers convenience for guests visiting for leisure as well as business purposes.

Your kind words regarding our staff are very appreciated. They serve our Ambassadors as a motivation to work even harder and provide the top quality service that our guests deserve.

Make sure to visit us anytime you will find yourself in Warsaw.

Kind Regards,
Adrian Kolba
Guest Relations & Concierge

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We visited Warsaw in January this year and had a perfect experience staying at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria for 3 nights.
I have no criticism of this hotel it had everything to offer. The staff were very helpful and they could communicate good English, the cleanliness was outstanding and the rooms were very comfortable and well equipped.
Food was delicious and of course it is always a brilliant experience to have your meal in a newly renovated elegant but trendy interior.
The Bar was also lovely with the special DJ giving the mood of the Friday night.
If you have also time for some pampering, you should consider to visit also the swimmingpool. It has a fabulous design with the mirrors on the top of the ceiling. Do not miss the massage after a big walk .
The hotel has a great location, less then 10 minutes walking to the old town and 10 minutes also to the center of the city. In the modern quater you will find all the big shopping malls.
It is also practical, that the City Tour leaves just across the road of Sofitel.

The hotel is highly recomaneded. If we have the possibility,we will certainly return.
Thank you Sofitel Victoria!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying in Sofitel Warsaw Victoria and for your kind words following your stay.

It gives me great pleasure to read such a kind review of our hotel. I am particularly happy with your comments regarding our staff. The Sofitel Ambassadors are hospitality professionals, who are dedicated to making every guest feel at home. A satisfied guest is the best reward possible for the effort we put in.

I am also very pleased that you liked the food and beverage that we serve in our hotel. Our Chef, Maciej Majewski designed a fabulous menu for the newly opened restaurant Le Victoria Brasserie Moderne. It serves dishes that will cater to every taste, prepared with the best ingredients our country has to offer. As you said yourself, these are served in a trendy dinning room that is sure to enhance the culinary experience.

Please visit us again whenever you will find yourself in Warsaw.

Kind Regards,