“An excellent hotel but ...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“An excellent hotel but ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have frequented this excellent five star hotel for years and always found it most satisfactory untill this time ... I arrived late in the night with two heavy suitcases and I had to drag them to the reception by myself ... then the receptionst wanted my credit card to block an amount of 250 Euros (I gues in case if I would decide to run without paying) although I have explained to her that I will pay in cash and that they have a written information on my reservation including a number of my credit card ... was to tired to continue the discussion ... in the room ... I felt cold but did not pay much attention ... until I woke up in the middle of the night freezing .. tried to regulate the heating but only the cold air would be coming out ... in the morning I called the reception and they promissed to send someone to check ... after 20 minutes I called again ... adn in 10 minutes two men showed up .... after 10 minutes of checking and discussing it was obvious that something is wrong ... two men left ... fed up with freezing I went to the reception myself to ask for a heater while waiting for a problem to be sold .. they gave me a new room ... fortunatelly on the same floor as I had to move all my staff by myself .... had to rush the breakfast to be in time for my meetintgs ... so I did not really get a chance to appreciate the rennovated breakfast hall and the nice food ... when back in the evening it was a relief to find room warm .... however during the windy night I had a chance to listen to the noises coming from the near by building that is under reconstruction ... not the best stay thsi time

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Concierge_Sofitel, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Troublemaker S,
Thank you for reviewing your last stay with us and, most of all, for your loyalty.
I wish to apologize for the technical problems that raised during your last visit and for maybe not quick enough action taken by our employees to resolve it. The comfort and wellbeing of our Guest are of utmost importance to us, therefore we are now in the process of complex renovation that also includes the air-conditioning engines. The month of September was in fact the most difficult one, however we are proud and truly happy to inform that the difficult works are now finishing. The majority of our public areas as well as large number of hotel rooms now reflect the highest standards and modern design that is expected from a Sofitel hotel.
In addition to remodeling just mentioned, we have concluded series of staff trainings which will definitely result with much better and complex experience for our Guests.
Finally, I wish to reassure you that we are all very much focused on creating unique and fascinating memories for our Guests and I am absolutely convinced that your future stays in Sofitel Warsaw will satisfy your expectations and that your loyalty will be rewarded.
Please contact me any time if there is anything I may assist you with.
Piotr Prasuła

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Banbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

In view of previous reviewers comments about building work I had requested a quiet room. Although we weren't disturbed by builders, as the air- con was not very effective, we opened the window from which there was a lovely view of the park opposite and the war memorial for the unknown soldier but this whole area was being re-paved making for a great deal of noise during the day. The room was over the foyer of the hotel and facing a busy road which carried constant traffic which was also very noisy, so I would advise future guests to check this out. Otherwise everything was excellent, a very good breakfast, comfortable bed and attentive staff. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: See comments above and check out before accepting if any of these factors would be of concern to yo...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel and for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in Sofitel Warsaw Victoria. I am particularly pleased with high marks you have given for our service. This means a lot to us as it is a sign that the effort we put in is being note and appreciated. This in turn serves as motivation for us to constantly improve.

As far as the renovation of the hotel and repaving of the pl. Pilsudzki is concerned, I am happy to inform you that that in both cases the works are reaching its final stages. Please visit us again in the near future to see the results of those changes for yourself.

Kind Regards,
Adrian Kolba
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were fortunate to have the Sofitel Victoria included in our tour with Globus Vacations. The rooms were lovely and the service was great. The breakfast was extensive and delicious. The coffee service at breakfast was served per couple in a coffee press. Best coffee we had on this trip. I do appreciate the concierge Peter's restaurant suggestion. Everyone was very kind and we loved the location of the hotel. We were a ten minute walk from Old Town and about the same for the main street shopping areas. There is also a lovely park nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying in Sofitel Warsaw Victoria and for sharing your kind opinion about our hotel with other TripAdvisor users.

I am very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel so much. Here at Sofitel Warsaw we do whatever we can to ensure guest satisfaction and give you the most luxurious hotel experience possbile. It gives us great satisfaction when guests bring such wonderful memories of our establishment back home.

I sincerely hope that you have taken advantage of the hotel's superb location. Situated within walking distance to the Old Town and all other major tourist sights Sofitel Warsaw Victoria is the place to begin your Warsaw adventure. After a long day of discovering the city, our beautiful recreational area is the perfect place to relax.

I hope that you do get a chance to visit us again.

Kind Regards
Adrian Kołba
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Sofitel is being refurbished and the parts that have been done make it a very smart, modern hotel inside (outside it's just functional looking). Rooms are great for working in, good free Wi-Fi, nice desk space and they bought some free meringue cakes - nice touch! Great choice at breakfast in lovely light big room with lots of different space to sit in. Great location near the old part of town and next to lots of arty stuff like galleries, theatre, etc. Service couldn't be faulted. Nice stay.

1 Thank Marcus L
Concierge26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Marcus L,
Thank you for having chosen the Sofitel Warsaw for your recent stay in Warsaw and for taking the time to leave your comments at TripAdvisor.com. Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.
I’m very happy that you appreciate our location which combines easy access to history and modernity and that you liked the comfort we provide. I especially thank you for your positive note regarding our staff. It is very pleasant and motivates us to become even better in the future.
I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require and I look forward to welcoming you again,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Many rooms under renovation. Noise like a dental drill in some rooms between 10am and 4 pm.
Don't come unless you have pre reserved a quiet room or don't mind noise. I assume renovations will eventually end but currently even on Sunday.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank georgemor
Dear Georgemor,
I thank you very much for having stayed with us recently and for reviewing your stay on Tripadvisor.com.
And I have to admit; the remodeling works are in process and may sometimes be noisy in the middle of a day. On the other hand I wish to reassure you and every other Guest, it is our main objective to minimalize any disturbances that may appear. I am proud and delighted to inform that we will be ready with the rooms’ renovation by the end of this year and then our interiors will offer much more comfort and we will finally reach the luxury level which is expected of a Sofitel hotel.
I do hope to have the chance of welcoming you again soon and to show you the progress we made.
Please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with.
Lodz, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

In fact, Sofitel Victoria distinguishes itself by the exceptional location. Walking distance to the Old Town and the view on the Tomb of Unknown Soldier give this venue unique character. The hotel is quite old, built before transformation in Poland as a one of the first luxury investments in the time of planned economy. Nowadays looks tired and dated, so its time to renovate it. This process makes a lot of inconveniences for the guests, but they are mitigated by the courteous and professional staff. We have been upgraded to the top floor suite with the view on the representative square, unfortunately also under reconstruction. In a few months the hotel will glint with the new, better look and the current problems will be easily forgotten.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor and for choosing Sofitel in the first place. We value guests' opinions highly, especially when they come from experienced travellers like Yourself.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the location of our hotel, its unique character and in particular your appreciation of the hotel's staff. Here at Victoria every Sofitel Ambassord puts in their upmost to ensure the comfort of our guests. When this attitude is rewarded with such a recognition, it motivates us even more.

I would also like to inform you that the renovation of the hotel is nearing its final stage. One can not agree more with your words about how the hotel will 'glint with a new, better look' and that soon 'the current problems will be easily forgotten'. Indeed, soon enough we will have an almost brand new hotel located at the very heart of the city, offering our guests a luxurious and complete hotel experience.

Kind Regards