“Perfect location”

Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Windsor
“Perfect location”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Arrived here on Friday, early in the afternoon and were able to check in a little earlier than usual. Given lots of information about facilities by the receptionist and went to our room. Large room, clean and comfortable with a nice bathroom, comfortable bed and soft pillows. A lot of drilling and banging from the refurb going on which we were unaware of until we heard the noise.
The location is perfect for visiting the old and new town, both within a few minutes walk, with lots of restaurants and bars to sit outside and people watch.

Stayed June 2013
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Madame,
Thank you for selecting Sofitel for your stay in Warsaw and for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value our guests' opinion very highly as we constantly try to improve our services.
I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay with us. As you already know, the hotel is undergoing renovation works in order to freshen up the rooms and some public areas. Although, the works commence during the day, between 10 and 17, they do on some occasions disturb our guests. We try to make up for this disturbance in any way we can, but we still hope for your consideration.
You were very kind to point out the hotel's wonderful location. Indeed, it is as good as they come. We are within walking distance to all major sights as well as other points of interest, such as Central Station.
I sincerely hope you will visit us again in the nearest future so that you can see the results of the works for yourself.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in 2 min walk from the city center (main street with cafe's and restaurants) and 1 min walk from a big park. Nice rooms and breakfast. It has a beautiful swimming pool and good fitness center. The staff is really helpfull at the reception and leisure area as well. We were there with our 1 year old daughter and they offered us some swiming belt and other things for also her.

• Stayed August 2012
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Warsaw and thank you for sharing your opinion with other TripAdvisor users.
You were very kind to point out our wonderful location, unmatched by any other hotel. We are just off the main street and in the neighbourhood of Pl. Pilsudzkiego and the lovely Saski Gardens. This location offers convenient walk to all the major sights and still some peace and quiet.
The swimming pool and wellness area are our pride. They are the first signs of the changes that the hotel is undergoing. We have embarked on a renovation scheme to give you an even richer hotel experience. We are hard at work with the renovation of our rooms and some public areas. The next time you visit we will gladly welcome you to our even better Sofitel. See you soon!
Sincerely Yours,
Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The rooms are scheduled to be renovated soon, but after we were there. After renovations, this is a 5 rating instaed of a 4. Location is excellent for both Nowy Swiat and Old and New Towns. Pool and workout room were excellent and typical Sofitel style. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wallaby23
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Sofitel for your Warsaw stay and for sharing your remarks.
I am very sorry to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with the comfort of our rooms. As you already know, we adressed this issue by deciding to renovate the rooms as well as most public areas that have not been renovated yet. We want those to match our new restaurant and pool in their design as well as functionality. This process will take a very short time, so the new rooms should be ready for your next stay.
Just like yourself, many of our guests value the location of our hotel highly. Indeed we are situated right at the heart of the city, within wlaking distance to the Old Town as well as the commercial center of the city.
I hope that you have some great memories from your stay at Sofitel Victoria and I also hope to welcome you again in our hotel soon.
Sincerely Yours,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great location. Close to all main attractions. Clean, spacious, comfortable rooms and courteous staff. Breakfast selection was very good. Didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it sure looked great.Would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Madame,
Thank you for choosing Sofitel and for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you have taken advantage of our hotel's wonderful location. As you kindly noted, Sofitel Victoria is situated right at the very heart of Warsaw, just off the main street and within walking distance to most of what the Capital has to offer.
The rooms, which you described as 'spacious and comfortable' are being revitalised, as we are renovating the hotel to make it even more luxurious and comfortable.
It saddens me that you did not have the chance visit our swimming pool as it is my favourite part of the hotel. At least ot serves as another reason for you to visit us again in the nearest future!
Australia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We would agree with other recent reviews of this large and comfortable hotel. The location was very convenient, and walking into the Old Town and New Town areas was easy and pleasant.

The breakfast range was excellent, and we were happy to find that they provided gluten-free bread as part of the range. It did take a request to the waiter to have it heated in the microwave to avoid the dryness of cold g/f bread, but that was done with a smile.

Front-of-house support staff were always on hand to assist, with a smile.

The room was not large, but was adequate and comfortable. We had to leave the air conditioning on all night to keep the temperature down to a reasonable level.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your opinion with other TripAdvisor users. Your opinion is very valuable to us.
It is true that the location of the hotel is as good as they come. We are situated right at the very heart of the city, in walking distance to all of the major attractions as well as the Central Station and the Old Town.
I am very happy that you particularly enjoyed our breakfast buffet. At Sofitel Victoria we believe that the breakfast is crucial for setting the right tone for the rest of your day. That is why we try to have a rich offer so that everyone can start the day just right.
I would also like to tell you that we are hard-at-work with the renovation of our rooms. Soon, we will happily greet you in an even more beautiful hotel, but with the same kind staff.
Hope to see you soon in Warsaw,
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed June 26, 2013

As soon I stepped into the hotel everything was perfect. The recepcionist girl was very polite and we have already started talking about sports and everything else. Between that and making the check in, I was already headed to a very spacious and cozy room. Yes, this is definitely a very cozy hotel.
Ammenities in the bathroom, huge room, flat tv, mini bar with Polish beers, right downtown. Its location is perfect as you can easily walk to the beautiful park right in front of it, to old town and to the restaurants, bars and clubs nearby. My boss and did everything walking in Warsaw due to the location of the hotel.
Unlike a comment I saw below on Tripadvisor, we do think that we staff was extremely, but extremely helpful and polite and assisted us with everything we needed.
I would make a personnal note to the concierge Amelia or Amalia if that is her name, who always received us downstairs with the cuttest smile and she gave me all directions of my whereabouts in Warsaw. I owe you a bit part of my trip. This girl is the best! Hello from Brazil Amelia!
I would also make a remark on the guy of the hotel bar that gave us the lessons about Polish vodca and we tried everything!!!
The hotel also has a great and beautiful warm pool and an excelente gym, where I burned about 500 calories easily.
In October I will be back, start preparing my cherry vodca!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Sir,
Firstly I wanted to thank you for your stay at Sofitel and for every single of your kind words regarding the hotel. One cannot disagree with your opinion regarding the location of the hotel. It is arguably the best location in Warsaw, very convenient for guest staying with us for business and visiting the city. 10 minutes walk towards the Old Town and 15 minutes towards the central station is as good as they come.
It gives me great pleasure that you enjoyed the level of service offered by the hotel staff. We put a lot of effort into ensuring that the service is and stays as close to perfection as possible. Your kind words about my colleague Amelia are particularly pleasing, although I must say it comes as no surprise as her kindness is appreciated by more and more of our guests.
Regarding the cherry vodka that you have asked for we will prepare it for you in October, once you arrive, so that you can enjoy it as fresh as possible. I will make sure to pass on the kind words regarding our LeBar staff to the appropriate department.
See you in October!
Port Stephens
Reviewed June 26, 2013

SOFITEL Victoria Square is in the best location you could possible want, for your visit to Warsaw, It looks like it's in the middle of nowhere when you see the website, but in fact it's only one block from the main street WOW that's amazing, Paris comes to mind. It is also very close to the New town. I bet you will spend most of your time in the Old town thou.....

The rooms are very well catered to and have all you may need for a very comfortable 5star stay; they are also kept very clean. Thank you 'House Keeping' you guys work very hard to get great result. Well done and much appreciated, especially the nightly turn down service. At the time of my stay room upgrades where starting (without any disruptions) So I'm looking forward to going back once completed, although I was very happy with the room just the way it was.

The facilities are second to none and oh boy, the pool! The only thing better than a mirror over your bed (not in this hotel thou; thankfully) is a mirror over your pool. You have to be in it to believe it. The pool that is! The spa is staffed and they are always on hand, for fresh towels, refreshments, fruit and the likes. WOW did I mention the pool?

Breakfast is a treat within itself and a Champ's Breakfast sure sees your monies worth. Concierge and reception are always there to help with any info or request you may need and always go way above and beyond. Will I and would I stay again? You bet……

Thank You Management and staff for all you did to make my stay very comfortable and enjoyable!

Room Tip: As long as you stay here you will be more than happy. Rooms over the square are great if you spendin...