“Perfect stay”

Ranked #9 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was incredibly impressed with everything at the Sofitel Warsaw - It's too often that you don't get what you expect with "five star" hotels, but here I got everything I expected and more. Firstly, the location is perfect for exploring Warsaw - a five minute walk to the left will give you wonderful shopping, to the right, bars, restaurants, history and nightlife. All of this, plus a wonderful view of the square opposite the hotel. The staff are very helpful and speak excellent english. We took full advantage of the concierge service. When we couldn't be accommodated at a restaurant we wanted to eat in, the concierge made a truly excellent recommendation and we had one of the best meals of our trip that evening.
It's something of a landmark, so it's easy to get taxis there, even if your polish is non-existant. The bar is wonderful and reasonably priced, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. My only complaint would be that our TV didn't always work, but we weren't in Poland to watch TV so I can deal with that. The pool was lovely and peaceful, the staff in the spa were excellent and this helped me to feel truly, truly relaxed on my break.
I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for a little bit of luxury at a reasonable price in Warsaw.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josh C
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review for the Trip Advisor website!

To make our Guests happy during their stay is our ultimate goal. Reading that we have achieved it, is what makes our duty worth all the efforts.

I am pleased to know that you have liked our Sofitel Warsaw for several reasons, the location which combines easy access to history and modernity and that you liked the comfort and professionalism we provide. What I liked the most in your kind comment is your good opinion about our hotel staff. I am really very proud to hear your words regarding our concierge service.
Again, thank you very much for your input. Your words are of great value for all of us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Amelia Zaleska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a hotel! Wonderful location 5-10 mins from the old town, plenty of shops and restaurants around. The room was beautiful, lovely view and great bathroom. The maids came twice a day and the mini bar was reasonably priced. The leisure facilities were phenomenal, the pool was lovely and warm. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive words regarding your stay in our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria.

The hotel in fact has got an excellent location, right next to the preeminent sightseeing, in a very quiet area of town, close to the most representative route in Warsaw – The Royal Route.
I especially thank you for your positive note regarding our staff. It is very pleasant and it motivates us to become even better in the future.

I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require and I look forward to welcoming you again,

Deventer, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent location with shops, attractions, restaurants al within walking distance. The hotel itself has a distinct 70's feel, but the rooms were well equiped with bath, safe (smallish, my laptop did not fit), electric heater to make coffee / tea, etc. TV was not much, lots of uninteresting channels. The only thing really beautiful in the hotel was the swimming pool, very stylish with a mirror on the ceiling

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your comment about Sofitel Victoria Warsaw on TripAdvisor website.

Indeed, the location of the Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel, gives you in fact the perfect opportunity to visit all the city’s most interesting sites. The Old Town, preeminent shopping areas, concert halls, theatres and exhibition places… That is all within a short walk from our hotel.

I would like to inform you with true pleasure that already in this year we will welcome first of our Guests in our newly renovated rooms and the renovation plans include most of the public areas too.

ireland
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for five nights for St Patricks weekend, I can only say that for the rate we paid 1190 Zlotty this hotel was amazing value, the staff here are the best we have ever encountered anywhere nothing is too much trouble, from local information to directions to suggestions for somewhere nice to eat they are only too willing to help, even the barstaff are outstanding, i ordered a smirnoff vodka one night but before the guy served it to me he invited me to try three different local vodkas all of which were good, one was exceptionally good and i had the head to prove it the next day..lol,
We booked a superior room with a Kingsize bed "and boy was it" the bed was huge an ohhh my god how comfortable, it was a privelege to fall into that bed after a hard night wining an dining, the biggest problem was summoning up the momentum to roll out of it the next morn,
The hotel also has the most fantastic pool an sauna where you can just completly chill out and forget about the big mad world outside "Heaven",
The location is perfect for visiting Old Town and also the Newer areas of the city, if you are travelling from Choppin just grab the 175 bus and about half hours drive you will see the hotel on your right, soo easy,
We loved Warsaw an most of all this hotel, we would really love to return someday...

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a street view, thus you get to see the changing of the guard at the Tomb of t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your comment regarding our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel. Each Guest’s opinion is highly important for us as it helps us to constantly improve our services and thus deliver the highest quality in every aspect of hospitality.
On behalf of our entire team I especially would like to thank you for your positive comment regarding our staff.

I’m really glad that you liked the comfort we provide in our rooms and that you have a flawless night’s sleep offered by our wonderfully soft MyBed beds.

Indeed, the swimming pool and our relaxation area is definitely a place to pamper yourself after a long and hectic day. Complimentary toiletries as well as fruit and beverages are a perfect addition to that relaxing scenery.

I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Hotel in the nearest future,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Check in was efficient, as was checkout.

Level of English good.

Room was somewhat old looking. Lighting by wall lamps and standing lamps without ceiling lights - a tad insufficient. Nice firm bed. Daily bottled water. Toileteries of good quality but without toothbrush/paste and shaver. Shaver requested of cleaner the day after checkin - she didn't have in her cart but shaver and shaving cream were placed in room when I came back in evening - good service.

Breakfast has decent spread. Very good bacon served. Getting coffee served was not quite easy, but the waitresses made their rounds with the coffee jug now and then. Nice and comfortable bar, that served a wide variety of teas.

Conference facilities were decent (I visited to attend a seminar housed in the hotel). Food served at teabreaks and cocktail lunch were if reasonable standard. Limited choice of restaurants for a 'luxury' hotel.

Major disappointment was the inability of the hotel to provide simple medication - panadol. Was running a slight fever and had headache on last day of stay. They were happy to point me to a pharmacy 5 minutes away by foot, in quite inhospitable cold outside. When I pointed out that this was the first time I encountered a hotel of its class not being able to take care if guests' request for basic medication such as panadol, the reply was that the hotel did not wish to risk providing its guests wrong medication and that it was the policy of Sofitel worldwide not to carry any medication for their guests. I could understand their aversion to liability for wrong medication provided to guests, but I feel the policy goes too far and actually portrays an uncaring attitude toward clients.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Makaner
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our Sofitel Victoria Warsaw Hotel. Each Guest opinion is important to us.

I am glad that you enjoyed our conference facilities. I kindly would like to add that the number of restaurants in our hotel is lower at the moment just because we are in the process of complete change of our dining area. The stands in our hotel's lobby present our Guests how much will the main restaurant change and how wonderfully designed it is.

Indeed our toiletries of L’Occitane and incredibly comfortable MyBed beds are worth to mention. Thank you as well for noticing also our weaker points. It's really unpleasant to read that we didn't meet your exceptations. But with real true pleasure I would like to inform you that already in this year we will welcome first of our Guests in our newly renovated rooms and the renovation plans include most of the public areas as well.

As you mentioned according to our Sofitel worldwide policy the hotel can’t provide any medication to the guests. I would kindly like to inform you that in Poland it is not the only Sofitel policy but such actions are also forbidden by law. The only possibility that could be offered is sending a taxi driver to pharmacy to bring you required medicaments. Anyway I’m very sorry for the whole situation and I would like to sincerely apologize you for all the inconvenience.

I do invite you to visit us again soon, hoping that we will have a chance to show you our progress.

Roskilde
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Visited Sofitel for 3 nights in March. The location was brilliant. Our room had a great view of the Tomb of the unknown soldier. From here we could see the changing of the guards every hour.
Only a short walk from the old town, shopping and nightlife was just down the street.
The hotel had a excellent staff who all spoke english fluently, and did their best to make our stay as good as possible.
The pool and spa area was very luxurious.

I would most certainly visit Sofitel in warsaw again and look for Sofitel the next time I travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RazzyRazzy
Concierge26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Razzy Razzy,

We do appreciate every Guest’s comment and especially when it comes from the Tripadvisor Senior Contributor, as you are.

Therefore I wish to thank you for your affirmative words on our location, combining easy access to Warsaw modernity and its historical sights, yet again being in a quiet and relaxing environment, next to the Saxon Garden. Warsaw’s top shopping locations are in fact just down the street, same as preeminent sightseeing and entertainment places, so we really are in favor of the hotel’s location.

Thank you for mentioning our Spa and the spacious poll which are newly refreshed and – what we are proud of – meet the expectations of our Guests.

Last but not least I am very pleased to learn that you appreciated our services and the hospitality of our staff. It’s our first ambition to provide you with memorable moments and I will be more than happy to share your opinion with our staff.

I remain at your entire disposal for all assistance you may require, looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Piotr Prasuła
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Excellent treatment from The moment we arrived. Full concierge service in Hotel [thank you Magdelena].
We had an upgraded room on the 6th floor overlooking Saxon Park. Equipped with tea coffee facilities & a most comfortable king size bed with a deep mattress So no complaints there.
Breakfast was magnificent And kept us going till mid afternoon. The spa/swimming pool is also a must.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone interested in a stay in Warsaw. Fantastic value and lovely staff.
Well done Sofitel. I am converted!!
Seán & Frances.

Room Tip: Ask for a room + 5th floor overlooking Saxon Park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sean & Frances,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel.

We feel delighted to know that you have liked our spacious pool and the spa. And we are happy that you have enjoyed the comfort and various amenities of our hotel rooms, as well as the quality and generosity of our breakfast buffet.

What we appreciate the most is your opinion on our staff and services you have experienced. I am really pleased to know that our Concierge services have helped you to enjoy and discover Warsaw’s most beautiful sites, located only a short walk away.

Piotr Prasuła