“A pity I've stayed only one night in Warsaw!”

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“A pity I've stayed only one night in Warsaw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had the huge pleasure to stay in the Sofitel Victoria in december. I arrived very lately but the night auditor was charming. I've asked a room in a high floor and with view and the Square and I received... A room on the top floor with a panoramic view on the Square. I only stayed 8 hours in this place but it was wonderful. I will never forget my first trip to Warsaw and be sure, next time I'll have to come I will stay in Sofitel Victoria Warsaw. I hope the swimming pool will be refurbished.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Concierge26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Charles D,

I am really pleased to read your affirmative comment on Tripadvisor.com.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback; especially if, like yours, it’s not only because of our hotel’s excellent location but also for our staff. It’s always our intention to provide every hotel Guest with memorable experience. Therefore I perceive your comment as rewarding and motivating to become even better in the future. And I am going to share your opinion with all our team.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon and I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance or information you may require.

Piotr Prasuła

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is very convenient hotel if you have business needs like trade fair or in nearby center. Facilities are very modern and up to brands standards. Building, from outside, pays tribute to social-realistic architecture. All in all go for it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear ZGtomcat,
Thank you for taking the time to share the opinion on your recent stay at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel with other Tripadvisor’s readers.
As you have said, our building dates back to 70’es, however – thanks to its timeless design, we offer spacious pool and relaxation center (newly renovated), big garage and parking, modern and spacious conference areas (1.500sq.m.), restaurants, bar and a casino. I am really happy to hear that you have found our facilities up to the highest Sofitel brand’s standards and I thank you for your affirmative comment which I am going to share with our team.
Hoping for the chance of welcoming you again very soon.
Sheffield, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days in February.
I felt very comfortable at this hotel. It is centrally located and it was a very easy walk to the old city. The hotel is built on the site of an old palace destroyed during the second world war.
The rooms are large as are the corridors. The facilities in the room are what you would expect from a modern hotel but there was no iron and ironing board.
There are a lot of helpful staff around the reception area of the hotel (many more compared to other hotels).
I only had breakfast at the hotel that was perfectly fine.
This is not like the grand old hotels in Paris, London or New York but it is efficient, clean with adequate facilities and good value.
I would gladly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank md1mm
Dear MMmd,

I thank you very much for sharing your valuable and favorable comment on Tripadvisor.com.

It feels really rewarding and motivating to read that you have liked our helpful and accessible staff as well as our location combining easy access to the modernity and Warsaw’s preeminent sightseeing.

At Sofitel we strive towards perfection and it’s our ultimate goal to provide our Guests with truly “magnifique” memories. Therefore I am really happy to hear that you would choose our hotel for your future stays too.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance.

paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

This Sofitel is located at the door of the downtown Warsaw in a place that is surrounded by many restaurants. The building is getting old as it is the 60's style of communist blocks. Even though it is branded Sofitel, the rooms are more looking like the below grade (Pulmann or Mercure) and require some upgrade. Nevertheless, the staff is very customer oriented and friendly, which is a good asset. You have to be careful in the choice of smoking/non smoking as it smells hard in the smoking floors ... The bed is very comfortable, the heating / cooling system is quite noisy so here also there is a need for upgrade. The overall amenities are fine, not specifically luxurious. The internet connections are fine. Overall, it is important to obtain a good rate as there is no reason to pay too much for this standard in a Sofitel brand. The location is good but there is now a need to take a real relooking of the rooms. Keep the staff as it is, they are wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank constaise
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a comment about our Sofitel Victoria Warsaw Hotel on Trip Advisor. Every guest's opinion is significant for us.

I especially thank you for your positive words about our stuff. It motivates us to become even better in the future.

I’m glad that you appreciated location of our hotel and I also would like to inform you that Sofitel Victoria will invest into modernization of our property. So with true pleasure I announce you that already in this year we will welcome first of our Guests in newly renovated rooms.

And I do invite you to visit us again soon, hoping that we will have a chance to show you our progress.

Amelia Zaleska
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good service ,nice food but at some places it really looks like a 30 years ago. I must leave something for a training for my company and back up of that hotel looks terible

Really good location i recomend "Przekaski zakaski" near the Hotel :) %%%%%

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Shcott
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments at Trip Advisor.

I especially thank you for your flattering words about quality of our service and the hotel’s delicious food.

I’d like to convince you to visit us again in the near future since Sofitel Victoria Hotel soon will be able to welcome our Guests in renovated rooms and refreshed public areas.

Amelia Zaleska
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Resided at the Hotel whilst attending the ITM travel fair. The room and facilities were very good my only criticism was the price of my food and beverage bill when checking out.. The burger from the bar was top drawer but I was slightly phased by the price of the water from the room.

The spa facilities were very pleasant and concierge services good.

Wifi connection reasonable and general cleanliness up to standard.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Concierge26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your good comment on your recent stay in our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel. We do appreciate every Guest opinion and we use it in order to further improve the quality of our service. It’s our ultimate goal to provide our guest with maginfique memories, therefore I am very happy to hear your good rating of our staff.

We are very pleased to hear such positive comments about the quality of our dishes. Delicious food is a “must” for a bar located in a Sofitel, in a bar overlooking one of Warsaw’s preeminent squares and the beautiful Saxon Garden.

Since the comfort of our Guests is the key value for us, we have included in our room rates all basic services like the pool, gymnasium, hammam, Wi-Fi and many others.

I remain at your disposal for all further information and assistance you may require.