“Christmas Market Warsaw”

Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
South Yorkshire
“Christmas Market Warsaw”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I and another mature couple had 3 nights in the Sofitel Victoria Warsaw to visit the city and Christmas markets. We were not disappointed. I have stayed in many hotels both in the UK and abroad and the Sofitel Victoria is one of the best. First of all the value for money; a double en suite room for £147 for three nights B&B, booked through Otel.com, (compare this to a recent one night B&B stay in London in a Premier Inn that cost me the same amount!). Our booking-in was seamless, with fluent English speaking receptionists and our allocated room was clean and comfortable. The included facilities of indoor swimming pool and fitness suite were superb. The breakfast was probably the best I’ve ever had whist staying abroad. There was a fantastic display of hot and cold food, regularly replenished by immaculately uniformed staff for whom nothing seemed too much trouble. If anything, you were just spoilt for choice! The concierge was a mine of information regarding what to see and how to get there. The Christmas lights, turned on the first night we arrived (3/12/12), were new for 2012 and looked spectacular. All in all a wonderful experience and one I would heartily recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SouthYorkshireT_Bone
Concierge26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

To begin with I would like to thank you for taking your time on posting the above comment. Each Guest’s opinion is truly significant for us as it helps us to continuously improve our service and adjust it to the Guests’ needs and requirements.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for your affirmative opinion regarding our staff specialy reception and concierge. It is very pleasant and motivates us to become even better in the future.

I’m very happy that you appreciate our breakfast menu. We always try to do our best to connect Polish cuisine with French touch.

Again, thank you very much for your input. Your words are of great value for all of us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Yours sincerely

Concierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent hotel, very well maintaned, nice lobby, turkish spa was a great suprise! Even better than the pictures suggest. A 5 - 10 minute walk to stare miasto (The old town), same amount of time the opposite direction to downtown core. Very friendly and helpful staff, very good suggestions on where to eat. Room was very clean, great location across a park so no noise issue at night. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Polinmiss
Concierge26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for having chosen the Sofitel Warsaw for your recent stay in Warsaw and for taking the time to leave your comments at the trip Advisor.

I’m very happy that you appreciate our location which combines easy access to history and modernity and that you liked the comfort we provide.

I especially thank you for your positive note regarding our staff. It is very pleasant and motivates us to become even better in the future.
I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require and I look forward to welcoming you again

Beata Nowak-Obrzut
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

fantastic room had a twin room and it came with two double beds and still had space to move about. The facilities were lovely especially the pool which was both impressive and a relaxing space. Very good value for money. Ideal location easy walking distance to the old town and good transport links around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ellie625
Concierge26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am really very pleased to read this comments and I thank you very much for it.
In fact, the location of our hotel is ideal, just next to the preeminent sightseeing and to the main business districts, yet quiet and with the calming view over the Saski Gardens.
As you have mentioned our swimming area and fitness center are definitely the places worth visiting. The pool, which is open till 10 pm, provides our Guests with light background music, complimentary fruit and juices, as well as luxurious toiletries. Our fitness area is open twenty four hours a day.
I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel in the nearest future.

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The reception staff is the best I have ever experienced in hotels around the world, especially the concierge. The pool is great. The hotel condition is good, not great but inside the room you find everything a pretencious guest may expect, including very attentive service. We actually received delicious cookies at night!
The location is also great, close to all Old Town charm.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Concierge26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Sofitel Warsaw for your recent stay in Warsaw and for taking the time to leave your comments at Tripadvisor.com. Every Guest opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.
I especially thank you for your positive note regarding our reception and concierge staff. It is very pleasant and motivates us to become even better in the future.

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Service at reception was excellent. Got upgraded to a suite as this was the only smoking room available. Corner suite a bit cold and no way to regulate the temperature indivdually. Room furniture slightly faded and not totally up to international Sofitel standards, but not a problem. Public areas and swimming pool are renovated in a very tasteful contemporary style. Surrounding parks and monuments exude the grandeur of a big capital city (which Warsaw is of course). Great ! Parking garage is a bit expensive at €35 but cheaper options are available outside in front of the hotel. However the hotel price itself is fantastic value for money ...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Concierge26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay in our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel on the Tripadvisor.

Although the air-conditioning in your suite did not really meet your expectations I can see that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the excellent service at our reception, demonstrating our passion for excellence and for mentioning our pool “newly renovated, in a very tasteful style”. The newly renovated areas gradually increase and will soon also include our hotel rooms.

In fact, we are in favor of our superb location, combining easy access to history and modernity, next to preeminent sightseeing and quiet in the same time. And I am happy that you have enjoyed it.

Wishing you wonderful holiday season and prosperous New Year I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Piotr Prasuła
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

my stay was in early December,my first to Warsaw. Not the hotels fault,but the weather was bad and frankly i didnt like Warsaw as a city break place to visit. I later went to Krakow and if any one is unsure which of the 2 cities to visit...my strong advice is to go to Krakow.
The reception team at the sofitel were first class.the room on the 6th floor was very comfortable.clean, modern,..less good was the room cleaning,the tv was v poor for english speakers. the swimming pool is impressive...but very humid/hot to lounge there for any time.
i thought the bar not very welcoming when i first approached the staff there...so I went elsewhere. I also found the "security" staff and doormen glum ...perhaps the weather and Warsaw had got to them too !
Would i stay there again ? If I HAD to return to Warsaw the answer is yes. It is in a good location,the price is fair and the bedroom was comfortable.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dorsetman_10
Dear Dorsetman,

Thank you for having chosen our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel for your stay in Warsaw and for your detailed review. And I am delighted to hear that you would stay with us again, although we haven’t met your expectations in every criterion. It is our goal to provide every our Guest with lovely and memorable experiences like you have had with our reception team. I will use your comment as a source of inspiration and will share it with the rest of our team.

I would love to have the chance of presenting you Warsaw at its most beautiful side, recommending you the fabulous Royal Route next to our hotel, the picturesque Old Town and all the cultural highlights of the city. For its weather, early December is not an ideal season for tourism but I am absolutely positive that our Christmas Market, musicals and shows available, plus culinary attractions, may transform every single day into a wonderful experience. I would welcome the chance of assisting you on that with all my knowledge and experience.

Wishing you wonderful holiday season and all the best for the coming New Year, I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require.

Piotr Prasuła