“Great jumping off point for the Old Town Warsaw!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Warsaw Victoria

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Ranked #8 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Bingley, West Yorkshire
“Great jumping off point for the Old Town Warsaw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed over in the Sofitel a couple of weeks back, en route to, and on our return journey from Bialystok where our relatives live. We LOVE Sofitel hotels and the Victoria is in a great location. We have stayed here many times and never think of checking into another hotel in Warsaw. The staff, as we find in all Sofitel hotels, are efficient, charming and friendly. The bar staff are great and the food in the hotel is of a very high standard. The breakfast is yummy and we always have breakfast room service.The only blot on the horizon was that there was a huge dirty watermark stain outside the bathroom door, which really spoiled the look of the room. However, we will be coming over to Bialstok in the New Year and will definately book into the Victoria again and recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks the magnificent frontage of the hotel, so you can watch the world go...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Mimibingley,

Thank you so much for writing such wonderful review on Trip Advisor website.

It is truly rewarding and worth our every effort to read that staying with us so many times already; you have always found our staff “efficient, charming and friendly”. It will as well be my pleasure to forward your message to our Chef and all our dining outlets staff. Our employees will very much appreciate your nice words underlining their professionalism and knowledge.

Your remark concerning watermark stain was taken as seriously and our housekeeping will make sure it is never going to happen again.

Looking forward to welcoming you again on many future occasions I invite you to contact me personally for any kind of assistance you may require.

Piotr Prasuła

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being the member of “Le Club Accorhotels” we chose “Sofitel Victoria” for a one-night stopover during our vacations in Poland. That’s why we can’t tell much about dining and other services of the hotel, but our general impression is the following one.
From the airport Sofitel Victoria can be easily reached by city bus No 175 (from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., 3.60 zloty per person, 40 minutes) or by taxi (55 zloty – the most expensive “fixed” tariff for holidays, Saturdays, Sundays and any day at night, 15 minutes).
The hotel itself is located in 1 minute walk of the “Royal Way”; 5 min - of the Old Town; 15 min - of the Central Railway Station and Shopping Malls near it.
Our standard room with comfy queen-size bed was clean and quite spacious with a sitting area and all elements of a five-star property. Bathrobes & towels by Yves Delorme and L’Occitane amenities in bathroom are also quite typical for Sofitel.
But we remember, that originally this property was the “Intercontinental Victoria” and now the 20-year old design of this concrete block can’t impress anybody. Some elements of décor in public areas of the hotel are definitely worn out. Constant presence of people near the entrance and at the reception area reduces the possibilities of hotel staff to pay any personal attention towards their guests however check-in and check-out procedures were quick.
The day of our arrival at Sofitel Victoria was my husband’s birthday. The fact that he wasn’t been greeted anyway by the hotel (as it always happens in South-Eastern Asia) made us upset a little, but does not affect our overall impression of this hotel.
“Sofitel Vicroria” is definitely not as clean & stylish as Sofitel chain hotels in other countries we have been to, but it can be “value for money” if you’re in Warsaw as a tourist. For business there are better options.
One more tip for those, who plans vacations in Poland: double check the dates of public Polish holidays, because the most number of tourist attractions, shops, restaurants ets. is closed and it can be definitely hard even to find a place to eat (besides the hotel restaurants), especially in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kasta_Moscow
Dear Kasta Moscow,

Thank you for placing your informative and detailed comment on Trip Advisor website.
Since it is our ultimate priority to always strive for perfection and personalized service, your words will definitely be shared with our managers and their teams. Individual welcome and a special birthday letter with a gift from the hotel is a standard we follow, every time we are aware of such special anniversaries of our Guests.

On the other hand I wish to thank you for highlighting our luxury in-room amenities of L’Occitane, bathrobes and towels by Yves Delorme, quick service at the reception, spacious rooms, excellent location and finally the possibility of collecting “Le Club” points being rewarded with payment vouchers valid in all the Accor Hotels (i.e: Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, Etap).

Hoping for the chance of welcoming you again in the near future I invite you to contact me personally, whenever I may be of any assistance.

Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a king bed/room at the Sofitel but when on arrival I confirmed this was the case, I was warned that in fact they had booked me into a queen bed/room. The receptionist was very apologetic and on discovering he was unable to locate a vacant king bed/room, immediately offered a free breakfast package (my booking had been room only). I was given the option of transfering after night one but having found my queen room spacious and with a very comfortable sofa I decided to remain where I was. The breakfast hot buffet was particularly strong and included more unusual options such as sweet cheese pancakes and some lovely savoury combinations.
The service provided throughout my 2 day stay was consistently excellent and the overall value for the per diem rate was outstanding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to get to Trip Advisor pages and writing your comments regarding your last visit.

First I would like to apologize for the obvious mistake that was done during the reservation process. It was however a pleasure to learn that you have found the solution offered by our receptionist as an appropriate one. Furthermore we are delighted to learn about your very positive impressions with regards to our extensive breakfast buffet and our spacious and comfortable rooms.

Your opinion, as every single Guest, is very important to us, as an advise, reward and also a motivation for the future. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and recommend our hotel with these nice words.

Looking forward to welcoming you again I remain at your disposal for all further assistance you may require.

Woking
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a fairly nice five star hotel, what sets it aside is the location, which is just a stone's throw from the old town, opposite the park which contains the tomb of the unknown soldier. While the hotel looks quite dated on the outside, the interior has been kept up to date and the rooms are very modern. Free water as well as WiFi is a bonus but breakfast at 95pln (£20) is rather expensive. The recption staff were very helpful and the hotel also offers free gym, spa, sauna etc. Warsaw has many well ptriced 5 star hotels, some look better than these but few offer old town location, which is ideal for tourists.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations26, Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with regards to your last stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you have found the hotel modern and that you have appreciated our free Wi-Fi and the complimentary mineral water we offer. Our newly renovated, spacious pool as well as all the fitness facilities are in fact our beloved by our hotel Guests.

What we do appreciate the most is your kind words regarding our staff. It is for us the greatest reward and true motivation to become even better in the future.

Hoping to have the chance of welcoming you again, I remain at your entire disposal for any kind of assistance you may require.

Chef Concierge
Devon, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just got back from an overnight business trip to Warsaw.

Hotel is in a good location and is very much focused on providing services for the business traveller.

Excellent staff both at the front desk and concierge.

Rooms could perhaps do with a small update but were very comfortable and clean.

Will stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all I wish to thank you for having posted such a nice comment on Trip Advisor, following your last stay with us.

Your declaration to come and visit us again, as well as your excellent opinion on the Concierge and Reception staff is the greatest reward for our daily efforts and motivates us to become even better in the future. The good news is that in the late 2013 we will welcome our Guests in first of the newly updated rooms.

Again, we very much appreciate your comments, thank you for highlighting our central but still very quiet location and we are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Chef Concierge
Ottawa, Canada (YOW)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference held at the hotel. Every interaction with hotel staff was a joy. They are very professional and obviously very well trained. The staff in the lobby bar are friendly, very competent in English (and perhaps a few other languages), and prepare drinks with a dramatic flair. Breakfast is very substantial and varied, well beyond my expectations.

My king room was very comfortable, with a nice view over a large square. A trouser press is mounted in the closet, but I would have preferred an iron and board to touch up my shirts.

The location is handy to the old town with it's churches and wide slection of restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

To begin with I would like to thank you for taking your time on posting your comment regarding Warsaw Sofitel Victoria Hotel. Each Guest’s opinion has a significant meaning for us as it helps us to continuously improve our service, and thus meet our Guests’ expectations.
On behalf of our Front Desk and Bar team I would like to thank your for your positive opinion regarding our and also services. Your affirmative feedback motivates us to be even better in the future.
Indeed, our breakfast menu is truly delicious as it combines the specialties of traditional Polish cuisine with the French cuisine delicacies. Indeed trouser press is mounted in the wordrobe but for request the iron is available for the Guests always.

I hope that your current experience regarding Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel will encourage you to visit our property again in the nearest future.

Paweł Łazowski
Concierge
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked the package deal (a flight plus 5 nights stay at the Sofitel) in advance. When we arrived at the hotel along with 2 other couples from our country (Israel), the first couple who checked in was told they were upgraded to a superior room on a top floor with a nice view. When it was our turn at the check in I asked the receptionist if I can get an upgraded room as well and my request was denied although the hotel wasn't fully booked. We were quite disappointed but not for long... as once I opened the door to my standard room I was very impressed by a room that has a perfect ambience, is perfectly clean and in fact, is in a condition much better than was described on TripAdvisor by former guests. The beds in our twin room (was our own preference) were amazingly comfortable, so much that we thought of skipping a tour or two so we could enjoy some good sleep during day time as well.The disadvantage was the lack of view... we had the top of adjacent blocks right in front of our eyes when looking out the window...
The breakfast is the most wonderful i've ever experienced... and I have been to many 5 star hotels world wide. A lavish, immensely rich selection Buffet. The waiters pampered us with smples of fresh deserts...
The receptionists were mostly kind and helpful.
The concierge guys were very informative and patient...
We ate dinner every evening at the hotel's bar, the food was of a very high quality... tasty and the atmosphere was very nice.
The spa is luxurious, has a cozy swimming-pool... but the massage costs 280 Zloty for 60 min. (classic) while the same treatment at the Hilton and Marriott is about 190 Zloty... which is a pity...
An ideally located hotel... was more than convenient to get just about anywhere.
We are thinking of coming back in the next coming months... Maybe this time around we'll be lucky enough to get upgraded to a superior room as the receptionist has said that everyday one couple or an individual guest is randomly awarded a free upgrade. :-)
The only one thing that's missing is photographs/videos.. as our camera didn't seem to work and was fixed only after we returned home...

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor as we asked for a smoking zone... the description of the room is found ab...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments at the tripadvisor.com.
I am very pleased to hear your positive notes regarding our services, our swimming pool and fitness area, about our rooms and their facilities.
On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for your affirmative words regarding our Hotel and services that we provide. Your positive opinion motivates us to be even better in the future.
Indeed, the Hotel has a premium location in the very center of Warsaw, close to the cultural places and business facilities. We are very glad that you like our breakfast menu which combines specialties of Polish and French cuisine. I would like to also confirm that everyday one reservation is randomly awarded a free upgrade - this is our Guest of a day with the all VIP privileges.

I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel at your next visit in Warsaw.

Paweł Łazowski