“Perfect Location and Wonderful Hotel!”

Sofitel Warsaw Victoria
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Traveling by myself to Warsaw for the first time, I was apprehensive about choosing a hotel. After reviewing maps, I decided on the Sofitel. I've stayed in a number of Sofitels in the U.S. and always enjoy the rooms and the service. This hotel did not disappoint. The location was great. Easy - and safe - walking distance to everything I wanted to see - Old Town, New Town, Nowy Swiat, City Centre. I couldn't have been happier than I was at the Sofitel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments at the Tripadvisor.com. Every Guest opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.

Indeed, the location of our Hotel is truly convenient both for those Guests who visit Warsaw for sightseeing purposes as well as for those who come to Warsaw for business. The Hotel is surrounded by picturesque Saski Garden which has a great historical value, as well as by Piłsudskiego Square which is the center of political and cultural events during national holidays.

I hope to have the chance of welcoming you again very soon and I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may require.

Concierge

Write a ReviewReviews (3,046)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very nice hotel close to the Tomb of the Unknowns and Saxon Park. Old town in five minutes. Central Station is about 15 minutes walk.
Very nice classic rooms. A bit dated and require renovation. Good selection of luxury cosmetics in the bathroom. A hairdryer. There is a kettle with tea and coffee set. The room we had two beds (very comfortable and spacious), armchair, coffee table, desk, minibar, safe.
A wonderful spa with swimming pool.
Great breakfast with a great choice of dishes.
Very good value for the price - quality (pay per room about 60 euros).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vesnyshka

Dear Guest,

To begin with I would like to thank you for taking your time on posting your comment. Your opinion is truly significant for us, as it helps us to deliver the highest quality service adjusted to our guests’ needs.

Indeed the beds in our Hotel are truly comfortable. They are made of specially selected fabric and carefully prepared for each of our Guests. The complimentary amenities, such as L’occitaine or Hermes toiletries, coffee and tea, mineral water and free WiFi internet are offered to all the Guests staying at our property.
We are now planning to refurbish and to modernize other areas of the hotel, including our hotel rooms.
I do hope it will not take long until we will offer our new rooms to our Guests.

Our breakfast menu is truly delicious as it combines the specialties of traditional Polish cuisine with the French cuisine delicacies.

I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel in October. What is impressive about this hotel is its location. Old town is not the city centre (as is usually is), and this hotel is 10 minutes walking from the Old town and 10 minutes walking from the city centre. Excellent service and kindness. Rooms were very warm...there were 2 things I found not working prorperly in the room, but nothing dramatic for me (for example fan wasn't working). General opinion, after staying in 5 star hotels, this hotel would be an excellent 4 star, comparing to others. But I cannot complain at all! Would stay there again! Highly recommend to everyone, no matter if you came for business or leisure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vladimir J
GuestRelations26, Chef Concierge at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments at www.booking.com. Every Guest opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.
I’m very happy that you appreciate our location which combines easy access to history and modernity and that you liked the comfort we provide.
I especially thank you for your positive note regarding our staff. It is very pleasant and motivates us to become even better in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Location - great. You can do all Old Town and Warsaw centre on foot. Tourist attractions as soon as you leave the hotel lobby. Don't forget your camera. Rooms excellent, good size & quality you would expect from **** hotel in any worldwide destination. Food: superb breakfast layout & very tasty. The staff most friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi only in the reception area.
Stayed there few times before and would stay there again as a matter of preference because of the location and the staff attitude.

Room Tip: Although one does not spend a lot of time in the hotel room - room with the view on the main square...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you very much for your great comments regarding our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel. We know about the location allowing our Guests exploring the city on foot. What I appreciate the most is your excellent opinion on our staff, its attitude and hospitality.

I do hope to have the chance of welcoming you again and it is my big pleasure to inform that right now the free wi-fi is available everywhere in our hotel.

Piotr Prasuła

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is very well located for access to various areas of the city and staff were helpful and friendly. We stayed three nights in a 'luxury room.' The bed was very comfortable and we had a good view overlooking the square - However, the luxury room at this hotel was smaller and of a lower standard than the basic room in the Sofitel we stayed in in Brussels earlier this year, which had clearly had a lot of money spent on refurbishment. By comparison, the Warsaw hotel was less bright / modern in colour, decor and furnishings and the bathroom did not feel as luxurious.

We did not have breakfast or use the leisure facilities, but we did try the bar, which is open plan situated off the recception area rather than being a separate room - we enjoyed the vodka tasting menu and the snacks which came with other drinks. I see from the management response to other reviews that the hotel is due to be upgraded and I am sure this will be a benefit to future guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

I am really very pleased to read this comments and I thank you very much for it.
In fact, the location of our hotel is ideal, just next to the preeminent sightseeing and to the main business districts, yet quiet and with the calming view over the Saski Gardens.

Some of our Guests may have the impression that our rooms are not most fashionable or ultra-modern, while others do appreciate our style and comfort. After complete renovation with our pool area, which now receives enthusiastic comments from our Guests and we will continue the upgrading in the future. Within two years, our rooms, restaurants and public areas will receive their new, exquisite and even more comfortable shape.

Our friendly and helpful staff is there for you all the time. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Piotr Prasuła

Reviewed October 19, 2012

For years and years I have been coming to Hotel Sofitel Victoria, albeit only as a conference participant. On this most recent occasion, however, I decided to stay at the hotel as a guest and I am quite pleased I did. Admittedly, the hotel is a tad dated in parts, but it has many pluses, not least the extremely friendly staff. The receptionists always greeted you with a big smile, while the barmen were always only too pleased to extoll the virtues of potato vodka X over potato vodkas Y or Z! For a busy hotel, the staff seem to have time for their guests, which is not always the case.

The décor and feel of the place belong to a different era, which was quite charming in many ways. Simply put, the establishment is not one of those identikit hotels encountered only too often these days. Most importantly, the rooms were spotless, strongly suggesting that someone was taking great pride in their work. In a nutshell, this is a pretty decent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelations26, Guest Relations Department at Sofitel Warsaw Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our property.

Your opinion is highly significant for us as it helps us to customize our services and thus deliver the highest quality in every aspect.

We are very proud that you have stayed in our Sofitel hotel again.
On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you also for your positive opinion regarding our staff, especially reception and bar staff. You’re appreciation motivates us to be even better in the future.

I hope that your positive feeling from the previous stay in our Sofitel Warsaw Victoria Hotel will encourage you to visit our property in the nearest future

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night whilst visiting Warsaw for the Poland v England match, I booked due to the good location and the good rate that was on offer.

I arrived by taxi from the airport (seems to be a flat rate of about 55PLN) and made it to the hotel at 3pm. Check-in was very fast in spite of the large seminar that was being held there and the Polish football team and FA members that were also staying there.

The hotel is located very close to the main street that has lots of bars and restaurants and is just South of the old town so it's very easy to walk to many places from the hotel.

We had a twin room on the top (7th) floor, large and very classic in style but didn't seem at all 'tired' to me. Large flat screen tv added the modern touch, along with a very comfortable bed and good quality linen. My rate included free wi-fi which was very reliable throughout the hotel.
The bathroom was also a good size with a good range of products.

I made use of the very nice Spa whilst I was there, a lovely pool and a great hamman to steam out the aches and pains.

As we left fairly early for a flight back to London I'm not sure on the breakfast offering, but I'll certainly stay here again when I'm next in Warsaw.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

To begin with I would like to thank you for taking your time on posting the above comment. Each Guest’s opinion is truly significant for us as it helps us to continuously improve our service and adjust it to the Guests’ needs and requirements.

Our Hotel is located in the very center of Warsaw, close to the historical part of the capital, as well as in the proximity of the commercial area of our city.

I’m very happy that you appreciate our swimming pool and fitness area. Definitely those are places were can truly relax and rest after a hectic day

I hope to have a chance of welcoming you to our Hotel in the nearest future