“Home away from home”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 126 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed March 25, 2009

As a regular business traveler to Warsaw, I stay a minimum of 3 nights per month at the Bristol. Aside from the fact that the staff now know me, which can lead to a biased opinion, I have witnessed again & again their unerring courtesy & willingness to go to extraordinary lengths to accommodate their guests & and ensure a comfortable & pleasant stay for them as possible. This is the true charm of the Bristol. I once arrived back at the Hotel around 9 pm with business guests & asked for a place to conduct a meeting. Within 10 minutes we had a private function room , with food (snacks) drinks & a barman to look after our needs. I was billed for the drinks & food, the room & barman were provided free. Now to the more mundane stuff. Public areas, spacious comfortable & clean. Excellent well stocked bar with trained staff hoping you will order something other than Vodka so they can show off their skills. Rooms, as I am always upgraded to a suite I can only comment on these but I would assume the the rest of the room types are of a similar standard. The decor is by modern contemporary standards a little faded, but in an elegant & very pleasant way. Not everyone likes to be in a standardized "popout" room designed by someone who wears plastic pink & yellow shoes & thinks we should all like sitting on hard 3 legged stools. What the rooms provide for me is classic elegance with all the traditional comforts this entails. If you read this at the Bristol, DON'T change anything PLEASE. Food, room-service is good with hot food arriving hot! They are more than willing to knock you up anything they have available so feel safe to go "off menu" The main restaurant is of a high standard & is right up there with Hotel restaurants of this level. The pearl here is the Sunday buffet, You need to book, especially in the spring, summer months. If your stay includes a Sunday, don't miss it. The locals book for family gatherings & you won't be disappointed to be sharing a very pleasant afternoon with them. Very reasonable set price with all champagne, & wine included. In closing, I should say that I work at night in Warsaw & tend to sleep until mid afternoon, this has caused me problems with the maid service in other hotels I have stayed at. At the Bristol, "No problem Sir" Even though I am sure they think I am a bit strange!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Lemeridienbristol, PR Mgr at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2009

Dear 15watts,

Thank you for the warm words you have written in your review on the Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Le Merdien Bristol .To read such good comments is very encouraging to try even harder to meet and exceed our guests expectations.
We don’t intend to change anything I can assure you , unless it will be a change for better!
Looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol upon your next visit to Warsaw.

Reviewed March 24, 2009

Le Meridien Bristol is one of the most beautiful hotels in Warsaw! It is old fashioned looking, but provides modern comfort. My friends and I loved that it was only a short walk to Old Town Warsaw and many shops, restaurants, and clubs. The front desk staff were so helpful. They knew the best locations in Warsaw for what we wanted to do and eat, and spoke great English (perfect for us Americans!) I would not stay at any other hotel! My only disapointment was that I couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends

Dear yelyah12,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Trip Advisor page following your stay with us in Janury.
We are happy to hear that you found Le Meridien Bristol such a perfect and the only place to stay while in Warsaw. We hope that you will have a chance to come for a longer visit in the near future. The location will not change neither will the level of service we provide with pleasure to our guests.
Looking forward to welcome you again at the Bristol.

Reviewed March 24, 2009

It is my great pleasure to do business as an American in Warsaw, Poland. One of the special features of Warsaw is the rebuilt Old Town, and the wonderfully rebuilt main street, Krokowskie Przedmiescie, that runs in front of the beautiful Polish "White House", or Presidential Palace and contains gorgeous architecture. Among the buildings is the Meridien Bristol Warsaw Hotel, that sits directly next to the Presidential Palace. It is a wonderful Old World hotel with modern amenities, first-class service (exceptional, in my opinion), and everything that a visiting foreigner would expect in a historic hotel in Eastern Europe. I have returned to the Bristol several times and each time am greeted by the friendly staff who spare no detail to make my visit comfortable, and memorable. A wonderful hotel, made special by the best staff in Europe!

Dear ColoradoTim,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Trip Advisor webpage.
At all times we strive to maintain the high standard of the services and such a good comments make our work worth all the efforts.
The newly renovated street in front of the hotel on top of the recently renovated hotel’s facade have added even more glamour to the hotel. We cherish the history and tradition of Le Meridien Bristol and we are proud to be a part of the team of this magic place and it’s a pleasure to hear that our guests share our feelings.
Looking forward to welcome you back upon your next visit to Warsaw.

Reviewed March 23, 2009

The hotel is worth the money and is a refreshing experience. When travelling a lot you get used to that hotels are professional but also rather "cold". The hotel bristol, next to offering nice rooms, good restaurants (did i mention the sigarshop ?) has the added value that the people are really interested in you, and for example when you are having a drink alone, they come for a friendly talk. I therefor can fully recommend this hotel as it gives feeling of home abroad.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Lemeridienbristol, public relations manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2009

Dear Businesstravel67,

I wanted to write to you to say thank you for taking the time to post the Trip Advisor review following your stay with last month.

As always if there is any way I can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on gunnar.sanne@lemeridien.com and hopefully we can welcome you back to the Bristol in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2009

The Bristol used to be The Place to Stay in Warsaw -- its list of VIP guests reads like a Who's Who. Then it fell on hard times. I first remember it boarded up, derelict, an eyesore on Warsaw's Krakowskie Przedmiescie. It rose from the ashes, beautifully renovated with immense attention to the Art Nouveau decor. I remember crossing the road from the sad, drab Europejski and stepping into into what seemed like a fabulous film set. It was some time before I actually stayed there, but once I had, nothing would persuade me to switch to another hotel in Warsaw. The Victoria Intercontinental and Marriot are fine if you don't mind being in hotels that could be anywhere on the planet. There is only one Bristol, though. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable, the Column Bar a lovely place to linger, the cafe a great place to meet friends. The breakfast is very generous and delicious (excellent sourdough rye bread), the staff unfailingly helpful and courteous. A special mention for Pan Jacek, who greets guests at the door.

Two minor suggestions for improvements:

1) Better reading lights in the rooms would be appreciated
2) Sweet and sour dill pickles at breakfast (ogorki konserwowe) would be good with kielbasa and fish.

Excellent rates available if rooms are pre-booked online.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends

Warsaw,

Dear Evabxl,

I wanted to write to you to say thank you the feedback and for taking the time to post the Trip Advisor review following your stay with us earlier this month.

We are happy to learn that we have met your expectations. We continuously strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations of 5-star service and are delighted when we achieve this and are able to make those visits extra special. It is very much appreciated that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel. We will for sure pass your comments to Pan Jacek, the doorman.

As always if there is any way I can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me and hopefully we can welcome you back to the Bristol in the near future.

Kind regards,

Gunnar S.

Reviewed March 17, 2009

Having booked this hotel right after our marriage, we were slightly disappointed at seeing the room. The furniture was old and sqeaky, the room worn around the edges and not perfectly clean.
However, we decided to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant, which has a very good reputation. We had a similar experience as mentioned in a previous review. The food seemed fine, but after our dinner both of us became seriously ill, with diarrhea and vomoting. We did not sleep all night and when complaining to the manager next morning, we were treated like complete fools. He suggested that we got food poisoning somewhere else or we got some flu.
The way we were treated by the manager after filing a serious complaint, left us deeply insulted and humiliated we will never forget this bad experience again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cazzys
Lemeridienbristol, PR Mgr at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2009

Dear Sir,
Firstly I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write the review you posted on Trip Advisor dated March 17th. We do value all feedback from our guests both, positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a hotel.
We are very sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations.
Our rooms are gradually being upgraded which is continued in 2009.
We are continuously getting positive feedback about our gastronomy and we are very sorry to hear your experience. We do apologise for the inappropriate manager's behaviour. Please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured that we will address the issue to the relevant departments.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself if I can be of any further assistance. Sincerely Yours, Magda Adamus Public Relation Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2009

Old style Hotel in the heart of Warsaw. Close to Old Town, shopping centers and President's Palace.
Friendly staff, beautiful rooms, fair prices.

I enjoyed my staying there and I can't complain about anything.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business