“My most difficult review”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Olsztyn, Poland
“My most difficult review”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have to say that I am a little puzzled by this hotel. My overall experience was very positive and for sure I am going to be back to enjoy the atmosphere and especially the Sunday brunch, but I feel that there are still some things that need improvement.

Let's start from the service - impeccable in every way from the moment of my arrival (9am). Even though it was so early I was able to get a room without having to wait until the afternoon. The room was very clean, the toiletries very nice and good quality. I generally never touch them in hotels, but the lotion had such a lovely smell that I had to try it. The one thing that won my heart was the maid knocking at 7pm to leave me a chocolate and the hand-written weather forecast for the following day. It made me feel like at home

The decor. This is a historic hotel, so I expected that the furnishing may not be very modern. I was amazed by the lifts, which were renovated but still maintained their original look from over 100 years ago. The thing that put me off however were the furnishings in my room (very small compared to what I was expecting) and bathroom amenities which bore signs of use and age - I think that a serious renovation project would be in order. Same for the gym/fitness area.

The lobby however was very nice and comfy. When I got down to use the internet (you have to pay for WIFI in rooms) and sank into the soft cushions of the sofas, with very discreet lighting around me, I felt like in an oasis of peace and calm.

The brunch next day was an amazing experience - costs 179PLN / 40EUR, but worth every penny. Fish and pasta prepared to order from the ingredients you choose - very good wine and sweets.

All in all, I had an amazing experience in this hotel. Maybe also because I paid a bargain price for my room (90 EUR, usually costs much more). The staff in reception that spoke ONLY English and my general experience was summed up by one of the guests at the brunch - "Well, Bristol is not Poland". I really cannot disagree...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear MichelFilip,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to read that you were impressed by the architectural features of our magnificent building, as well as interiors and lifts of our restored hotel. Moreover, I am glad that you were happy with your bathroom facilities, the Sunday brunch in Marconi Restaurant and service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

However, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with furnishes and the bathroom amenities. Additionally I would like to inform that plans are in place to replace all the equipment in the gym.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.

Andrew Henning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Turku, Finland
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This truly is a 5-star hotel. The building is beautiful and well maintained. Reception, concierge and other personnel were outstanding, helpful and truly welcoming and friendly. The only setback happened in the hotel restaurant, the service was slow.

The room was really nice and spacious. Breakfast was really good with wide variety and some specialties. Location is perfect. Ask for airport transportation in advance (send e-mail to concierge), they pick you up with nice S-class Mercedes.

Extremely good value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Vesaco,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our central location, spacious rooms, airport transport and breakfast in Marconi Restaurant. Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our efficient and well trained associates and I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team.

I do look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had the most amazing romantic break away just before Christmas with my partner.

Every aspect was wonderful, we got to the hotel early evening, to be told the room we had booked had been double booked therefore the lady at reception upgraded us.

Our room was stunning, beds were very comfortable, struggled to get up in the morning.

The breakfast was outstanding, they couldn't do enough for you.

The concierge gave us lots of advice and information of where to visit in Warsaw having never visited before. Warsaw at Christmas is truly magical.

Hope to return very soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bathbornandbred,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for your kind words after your stay just before Christmas at Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay in upgraded room was enjoyable and that you liked the breakfast in Marconi Restaurant and serviced provided, especially the Concierge.

It was our pleasure to have you and your partner as our guests and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is an outstanding hotel, in a beautiful building with the best location in Warsaw.
The recent renovation has restored the hotel to a very classy and elegant venue.
I stayed in a Bristol suite which was elegant, comfortable and very quiet. The bed was fantastic!
Breakfast was outstanding, with a lot of choices of hot and cold, sweet and savory dishes. The wine bar is very cozy, tranquil, the perfect place to relax with a glass of excellent wine and some delicious small dishes and snacks.
The gym and spa are very good. The gym is not very large, but it has enough equipment to do some basic work out. There are a sauna, steam room and swimming pool which are very relaxing and elegant, with a contemporary gray stone decor.
The staff were very cordial and polite, ready to help but also respecting the privacy of the guests. Impeccable service!
My only remark is the lack of coffee/tea facilities in the room. I just read in a previous comment here that coffee and tea are provided complimentary as room service, but this is not mentioned in the guest services book. It would have been nice to know that, because that was the only thing I was missing. But otherwise, it was a perfect stay and this is definitely the hotel where I’ll stay again if I’m in Warsaw again.

Dear Bingo_the_dog,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after you visit to Hotel Bristol.

We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with history and charm. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite, bed, Pool&Gym area, the breakfast in Marconi Restaurant, Bristol Wine Bar as well as service provided.

Thank you for your comment regarding complimentary coffee/tea facilities as indeed, we do offer them in our hotel as room service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel has been beautifully restored.
The rooms are large elegant and have huge well fitted bathrooms.
Stylish bar
Great breakfast.
But -the best aspect is the lovely staff.
A super place-comfortable-very clean and in a wonderful spot.

Dear Neil l
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to read that you were impressed by the architectural features of our magnificent building, as well as interiors of our restored hotel. I am also happy to be reading your kind comments about accommodation, service provided and the breakfast in Marconi Restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked a double room for a weekend and it was a little smaller than we had expected, but clean, modern and well kept to make us comfortable enough. Location is key! You are at the old town's doorsteps basically. We skipped the hotel here, but found lots of great cafes nearby. Instead of hotel transport, we used AB Everest services to get from the airport and back and it was very affordable and convenient!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guan66,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am glad you found our location useful for sightseeing and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is an institution in Warsaw. It used to be the most prestigious hotel in the country, hosting many celebrities over decades. It is still a good hotel with a perfect location for tourism but it is well below the standard of other 5 star hotels in Warsaw.

The hotel has great looks from outside, very nice lobby but the rooms are disappointing. Simple furniture from grey lacquered MDF looks like higher range of IKEA. Air-conditioning is very loud so I had to switch it off to get some sleep (apparently the hotel is aware of this problem in certain rooms – bad luck). The bathroom has a shower head fixed at a relatively low level so it is extremely inconvenient for a tall person to wash hair. You are not allowed to use hairdryer in a bathroom (as in all Starwood hotels) but there is no socket that is conveniently located. I got an executive room and from one of the rooms a door was missing with hinges still in place. There is very limited TV offer and Internet is paid extra. This is another annoying point – anything you want is paid extra: no internet, no premium TV channels, and if you forgot to book breakfast in advance it will cost you the same amount of money as your dinner. I asked for a room with a view and I was proposed only the most expensive room, while when checking out I was told that there were cheaper rooms with a view during my stay.

The small restaurant was also a disappointment the combination of certain ingredients is intriguing but the final result looks more like an experiment in progress rather than work of art. The swimming pool and the small fitness in the basement are great.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view, the courtyard in small so if you get one of the inner rooms you will...