Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Castle Inn(Warsaw)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
2,254 results
All reviewspresidential palacecolumn barwine barmarconi restaurantold townbeautiful hotelroyal routeexecutive roomperfect locationart decorooms are largean upgradenowy swiatconciergestarwoodrenovationeurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Located next to the Presidential Palace, this hotel is probably the oldest in Poland. Located very close to the old town. Excellent service with staff speaking good English and going out of the way to help. A bit overly priced for the menu I should say. Though it is said to be 5 star, the facilities provided are not of international 5 star standard. For instance, the rooms are not sound proof.
Just in case you happen to drink lots of water, I would advise you to buy bottles of drinking water from outside. The hotel offers just a complimentary 300 ml bottle of water for a day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Lucy_kumar,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us.
I am very happy to read that the team helped you enjoy your time in the hotel. I am glad you found our location and service provided excellent.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the price of our menu. We appreciate comments from our Guests as these opinions are crucial for us to make service better each day. To your information all our windows are double glazed. Moreover in front of our Hotel there is a pedestrian street with limited permission for public transport only, therefore we do not have problem with noise. For future stays please contact me directly so we may allocate you in a room overlooking a quiet park or our internal patio.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Excellent location, in the middle of the best part of Warsaw. The rooms are clean and reasonably comfortable. The service, however, does not warrant a 5-star ranking. We waited for our room over 2 hrs and in the meantime the hotel attempted to downgrade us to worse rooms. The hotel restaurant is grossly overpriced and rather mediocre for a 5 star hotel. The breakfast buffet is quite nice, as are most hotel buffets in Poland in the 4-5 star category, but again service is lacking. We waited 0.5 hr for milk for our coffee and needed to remind the waiter about it twice. And the restaurant was only 1/4 full! Also, the management has to occasionally check what's going on in the lounge area around the pool. The clientele is exceedingly "diverse" and some clients forget (or don't care) they are in a public place. A complete turn-off. If the management does not have a video surveillance of the pool area, it should get one ASAP. As it is now, the pool is definitely NOT a child-friendly area.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on lower floors, as they are bigger and have taller ceilings.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank epicurian2013
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Epicurian2013,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I apologies for the poor service you experienced at breakfast. We will investigate this further as well as your comments regarding the pool.

Please contact me directly for your future reservations.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here one night on business - arriving quite late and leaving early, so feedback is limited to arrival, evening snack meal in the bar and the bedroom.

It's a beautiful building inside and out in a pretty quiet street. Despite being mid January, all the Christmas lights were on and the snow was falling so it looked very attractive. The reception welcome was warm (although they managed to misspell the printed names on the reservation and they apologised).

The bedroom was large, comfortable and warm, without being too hot. Very comfortable bed, big screen TV, ipod dock, complimentary water, well-lit, superfast free wifi (I was getting over 24mb download after a quick registration) and very, very clean. My room looked out over an internal courtyard so it was very quiet indeed; and the efficient AC kept it comfortable without any noise. The only very slight niggle was that the water pressure was a little weak (I was on the 3rd floor). I'd still give the room 5 stars.

We had a late night snack meal in the very attractive bar area - very high, art-deco style ceilings with attractive, comfortable seats and effective lighting. The food was good - a decent Caesar salad for 29 zloty - about £7/£8 and brought within about 15 minutes. It was a little chilly where we sat but not a big deal. And the bartender came over to refill glasses and offer more drinks - so polite and friendly. I'd give that experience 5 stars as well.

Checkout was smooth and friendly.

Whilst Polish hotel prices are not the same as Western Europe, this hotel was easily a third to a quarter of the price of what the same quality would have been in London or Paris. So excellent value.

It's about 10km from the airport - so allow about 20-25 minutes to transfer. Other hotels are closer to the business park near the airport but this is a really excellent hotel offering great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the inner courtyard... very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank deehell

Dear Deehell,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and for your kind words after your stay at Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently. We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with history and charm.
Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our efficient and well trained associates and I will be more than happy to pass your positive comments to the team, especially Front Office and the bartender from the Column Bar.

It was our pleasure to have you and your husband as our guests and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Walking distance from the old city is always good, next door to the president's palace is also good and some lovely buildings and restaurants in the area, makes it a very well located hotel. The wine bar is great as well. The breakfast is great, but costs more than breakfast at the Wolseley in London.
HOWEVER the building is definitely not a Bristol hotel standard and add to this terrible service, outrageous pricing of food and drink in the hotel, shockingly slow internet connection (if you want faster speeds you have to pay through your nose). The elevators are old and run down and the maintenance of the property is bad.
In my opinion, disappointing!

Room Tip: I found the bed to be very comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amirongo

Dear Amirongo,

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments about our central location, accommodation, as well as breakfast in Marconi Restaurant and Bristol Wine Bar.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with some service provided. We appreciate comments from our Guests as these opinions are crucial for us to make service better each day.

The majority of our customers love our vintage and historical elevators which are in fact protected by The Historical Conservation Office of Poland. Of course they operate to the strict high standards expected and are professional maintained on regular basis.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed there in Jan14' for 2 nights. The location was great and the staff was great. But you decide if what happened to us was right. We stayed in room 301 which faced the the little park. On our 2nd night and last night there was loud booming music coing from somwhere still at 2 am. I finally called the front desk and it took 20 minutes to stop. Come to find out there conference room was on the second floor right under our bed! It hard to believe the staff who was on duty would allow that to go on at 2 am.
Furthermore, They wanted 20.00 U.S. for 24 hrs use of the internet...the city provides free internet...so we did not have to pay their outragous fee. My wife watched 2 movies...one was 10 and the other was 20 U.S. dollars. A we bit steep in our opinion.

But to sum it up...I can not get over how they would allow that noise so late while guests are trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 2nd and 3rd floors due to the noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KimHar2016

Dear Gogle1965,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit in Hotel Bristol, we find it very helpful. We always aim at delivering highest quality service and experience, therefore I am sorry to hear that you have faced difficulties during your stay.

It is crucial to us to make sure that our guests are satisfied with their choice. Your experience is a key priority, so again, I apologise for the inconveniences caused by other guests, but I am happy our Front Office team managed to resolve the issue.

This is most definitely not the experience we want our guests to have nor the standard to which we aspire to deliver and I can assure you this is not our normal level of service. It is understandable that you are reluctant to return to Hotel Bristol however I would like to restore your faith in our service. Please contact me directly for your future reservations.

Thank you again for your comments, we are happy you overall enjoyed the hotel.