“Elegant, refined, deliciously comfortable, wonderful”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Los Angeles, California
“Elegant, refined, deliciously comfortable, wonderful”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

What a wonderful, old world, refined, totally comfortable hotel! Often hotels in Europe (for Americans) lack certain elements we have become accustomed to - great air and heat, friendly staff, comfortable beds and room amenities, etc. This hotel was top of the line in all aspects. And the prices are amazingly reasonable for everything. And the staff across the board were SO FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMODATING. Unlike other places in Europe, the staff here were not only NOT arrogant and unfriendly, but were, rather, so nice, so anxious to please. Next door to the Presidential Palace, this is a jewel of a hotel that I would revisit anytime

Room Tip: eat in the dining room at breakfast time NOT in your room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank melinda311
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Melinda311,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to be reading your comments. We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with history and charm. I am glad that you were happy with your accommodations and service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol again.

Andrew Henning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Used to stay here a lot two decades ago, and only been back once since then, until a four night stay recently. This hotel still exudes class, quality, character, comfort and pretty good service like very few other hotels. Certainly the best of the bunch in Warsaw. Added to which a location which only gets better as the surrounds are upgraded.

2 Thank Christopher K
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Christopher K,

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently. We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 28, 2013

In reality I would give it a 4.5 rate because there were two aspects of the hotel that are important to me that were not up to the high standards expected. I think for most people you wouldn´t care so much so you would agree it could be a 5 pointer.
The building is beautiful without being over the top. It is also very well designed keeping some of the old style and blending it with touches of modernity. Service is excellent overall: concierge, helpdesk, restaurant, etc. My room was also very nice and impeccably clean. So overall the hotel experience was excellent.
My two comments are:
- there was no hair dryer provided in the room.
- I was on a business trip and I like to do exercise while traveling. The gym is really tiny. There were only 2 treadmills and two cycling machines (one of them was not working to make it even worse), plus some of the weight lifting machines. . When I got there there were 5 people and the gym already felt packed almost no room to move around. Needless to say I had to wait more or less half an hour to be able to do some cardio excercise. So if you like to hit the gym while traveling that might be a problem in this hotel.

3 Thank Fgrajal
Dear Fgrajal,
Thank you for a review of Hotel Bristol. We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative.

I am glad you found our location useful for sightseeing in Warsaw city. I am delighted to read that you were impressed by the location and architectural features of our magnificent building, as well as interiors of our restored hotel. However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with our Pool & Gym. Plans are in place to replace all the equipment in the gym. Additionally I would like to inform that all rooms are equipped with hairdryers put in the drawer in the night table by side of the bed.

Dublin
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hotel Bristol has seen a major refurb over the past year or so and now looks great for her age. The fine balance between traditional and modern is finely tread with tsateful contemporary interiors that bring the most out of the building itself. Check out the ceiling fresco in the inner lobby, it's an art deco original that has been restored.

This place is such a superior hotel, typical of the Luxury Collection. Great service, very discreet, and it's located in a central but quiet part of town (as another reviewer mentioned, the street outside has restricted traffic).

Try the afternoon tea in the Column bar or sample the wine in the new Wine Bar.

3 Thank FrequentFlyerDublin
Dear FrequentlyFlyerDublin,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our refurbished hotel, great central location, service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Rooms have high ceiling which is what I love about the hotel. Service is great and the restaurant offers some of the best food in Warsaw. Also location is grand baceus you are next to thre presidentail palace. It's a perfect hotel if you're planning to pop into warsaw for a couple of days. Definitely reccommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark S
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Mark S,
Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to read that you found our location useful for sightseeing in Warsaw. I am glad that you were happy with your accommodations, the Restaurant Marconi as well as service provided and I will be sure to pass your comments to our team.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

UK
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Hotel Bristol was a great hotel. I stayed for 3 nights whilst on business and had requested a non smoking room. A building and hotel with character - interesting lifts, beautiful flowers in the lobby. The room was clean with a large bed - powerful shower over the bath. Safe, iron and ironing board provided and a suitcase stand in one corner. Good selection of toiletries provided, including hair conditioner, cotton wool buds, emery boards etc. I stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast provided a large selection of hot and cold food, fruit, yoghurts etc. The tables were covered with crisp white linen table cloths and linen napkins provided - not seen much on hotel breakfast tables. The staff were polite and helpful. Near to the old town which provided many restaurants for evening meals.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear A2b4fun,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments, especially about our interiors, lifts and rooms. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Luxury Collection experience, our location and the breakfast in Marconi Restaurant.

New York
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you can get a good price for your stay, it is highly recommended. Try to arrange to get a room on lower floors. Don't worry about the noise - the sound insulation is good, and the street does not allow traffic other than taxis. The highest floor has the most square footage room [we have stayed in this hotel three times now], but the least 'authentic' old feel.
The breakfast is also highly recommended -

There are subtle nods to the Austrian Secession movement throughout the public spaces - a Hoffmann chair/lamp here and there. Koloman Moser did a stained glass window, which unfortunately did not survive the wars.

A wrinkle in our experience was a booking error, where we got booked for a wrong month. So make sure you have a print out with clear booking dates and prices, to prevent 'misunderstandings.'

Room Tip: see main review - courtyard/street all OK. If you want old time grandeur in the rooms [i e super tal...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear George610,

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments, especially about our interiors and rooms. Indeed there is Secession touch in each corner of our hotel, especially in the lobby and the Column Bar. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Luxury Collection experience, our location and the breakfast.