2,407 results
All reviews presidential palace column bar marconi restaurant wine bar old town beautiful hotel royal route executive room perfect location art deco public areas rooms are large an upgrade breakfast buffet nowy swiat concierge starwood
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed 4 nights. Hotel next to the Polish President's residence. Have visited the hotel for the first time 2 years ago before renovation. Now the best business hotel in town in particular If you like old buildings. Beautiful renovated rooms, quite and impeccable clean. Relaxing beautiful bar. Staff friendly, in particular Pawel, the Concierge. A new General Manager who will bring it to higher]st levels. Staff, keep smiling, life is beautiful .....
C. Maurice S.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Maurice C S,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you visited Warsaw recently. We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with history and charm.

I am glad that you were happy with your accommodations as well as service provided and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team, especially our Concierge Paweł.

Andrew Henning

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our troubles with the Hotel Bristol surfaced one month prior to check-in. In May, 2013, my husband submitted full payment to a local AAA travel agent for 5 nights at the Bristol beginning on July 5. Less than 2 weeks before our June 23 departure to Eastern Europe, while perusing the SPG (Starwoods Preferred Guest) website to request a room upgrade, a reservation in my husband's name suddenly appeared showing a much lower nightly rate offering the same amenities--78 Euros (84 Euros including tax) equal to $110 US dollars. Contrast this reduced rate to the $160 US dollar nightly rate already paid--a substantial difference of over $250 total. I contacted Starwoods Customer Service multiple times to verify this revised rate. They confirmed that this "new" rate was correct and that our American Express Platinum Credit Card was being used to hold the reservation. At my request, Starwoods Customer Service emailed me two different copies of the "new" reservation, one of which was sent from the Hotel Bristol listing the hotel manager's name, Andrew Henning. I subsequently presented both copies to our AAA travel agent, hoping she would cancel our initial reservation. According to this agent, the Hotel Bristol had only one reservation in my husband's name--the one she booked for $810 and thus, cannot cancel without risking refusal of accommodation. I phoned Sheraton Customer Service again requesting clarification and was told an entirely different scenario--that the hotel did have a reservation for us at the 78 + 8% tax Euros per night rate. Still confused by the conflicting responses, I then emailed the Hotel Bristol twice imploring them to contact me directly. Several days later, I received an email from Magdalena Kozlowska, Senior Reservation Supervisor, rejecting my request to honor the second reservation, claiming that no changes can be made to the original even though non-cancellation restrictions did not apply,
The AAA agent, who falsely accused me of making the "new" reservation, finally alleged that it was made in error, either by Travel Bound (AAA's booking agent) or by Starwoods/Sheraton themselves. According to this agent, Sheraton Hotels, while acknowledging a screw-up, refused to honor the reservation revealing the reduced rate.
This is truly unconscionable, if not illegal! The "new" reservation, confirmed by both Starwoods and the Hotel Bristol, is contractual and therefore legally binding. Moreover, Starwoods/Sheraton Hotels engaged in deceptive sales practices ("bait and switch") by not only lowering their nightly rate, but by making a reservation in my husband's name using our personal information, e.g., credit card number to hold it. If indeed they made an error, it was their problem and responsibility, not ours!
This incident placed a curse on what would have otherwise been a perfect vacation. Prior to departure, the entire week was focused on attempts to resolve this discrepancy, to no avail. I seriously considered finding other accommodations and canceling the Hotel Bristol prepaid reservation but was advised against it due to previous arrangements for hotel pick-up made with local tour guides.
To be fair, the hotel is lovely and luxurious. Our accommodation was satisfactory--relatively small room (stained carpet), deluxe bathroom. comfortable mattress and sumptuous breakfasts. Because I felt so violated, however, I could not fully enjoy or appreciate the positives.
Resolution (and vindication) was obtained in late September, 3 months after this problem first appeared. Several letters disputing this matter were submitted to American Express Platinum with the expectation that they would intercede on our behalf. Surprisingly, American Express, which prides itself on exemplary customer support, proved to be highly ineffective. A credit of $250 was finally issued but only after threats of card cancellation and disclosure to the FTC and the Ohio Attorney General. I believe that American Express absorbed the cost, rather than disturb their cozy relationship with Sheraton Hotels.
Despite several decades of accommodation at Sheraton properties, I vow never to stay at their hotels again, no matter how desirable or luxurious!
Lesson learned. Be wary of third party booking agents (Travel Bound, Hotels.com., etc.). Often, when something goes wrong, neither the hotel nor the booking agent takes responsibility, leaving hotel guests compromised.
Hopefully, what happened to us was an anomaly and that the traveling public will be spared the aggravation and nightmare we experienced.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank DaytonDiva_13
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear DaytonDiva_13,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced when booking your stay with us but are pleased that you liked our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience in detail, we find it very helpful. In this incident, where several parties are involved in making a reservation, we need to investigate thoroughly. It is our responsibility to deliver the highest quality services to our guests before, during and after their stay, so that they are delighted with their choice of hotel. Please contact me directly on wojciech.bialecki@luxurycollection.com, so I may assist with resolving this. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a very elegant establishment and the place to be in Warsaw. Whole building has been carefully renovated, so its a tourist sight in itself. Breakfast is excellent, plenty of choise like fruit coctails etc. Coctail bar is one the most beatiful anywhere, naturally with excellent drinks and good service. Spa department with good sized pool is worth a visit, be noted that beer is not served in pool area. Here's a tip for the management; You could serve bevarages in plastic pints, as relaxing by the pool is not complete without a "cold one". Location is as good as it gets in Warsaw.

Room tip: Even the basic room was spacious with comfy beds and linen. Unfotunately, pillows were typical "monster-size-softies", so request an other from the reception.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Maunolito,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your kind words after your recent stay at Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our refurbished hotel and the Column Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol.

Andrew Henning

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. I really don't think I can fault anything at this hotel - staff were attentive and the doormen helpful, the hotel looks absolutely stunning and is extremely well maintained. My room was a great size with a really comfy bed, the bathroom was particularly good with a huge range of toiletries with good quality robe and slippers. Breakfast in the morning was excellent too. On the downside, the restaurant was closed on the one evening I wanted to use it for a private function, but these things happen I suppose! Would happily return.

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Morgie111,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent visit with us in Hotel Bristol.

I am very happy to be reading your kind comments, especially about our service and rooms accommodations. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Luxury Collection experience and our location. However I am sorry to read that you were not able to experience our Marconi restaurant and I would like to apologise for that.

I hope you do get to enjoy our restaurant, Column Bar or Wine Bar the next time you visit us. The team of our concierge will be happy to assist you with booking table in advance.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the years and always enjoyed it. However, the decor was a little "Sheraton". Since my last visit it's been completely refurbished and it's superb! Great decor, great bars , great food and nice staff. Best hotel in Warsaw.

Date of stay: October 2013

Dear Tony Breest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our refurbished hotel as well as our Column Bar and Bristol Wine Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bristol during your next visit to Warsaw.