“Probably the best hotel in Warsaw !”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Antwerp, Belgium
“Probably the best hotel in Warsaw !”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Bristol.
It was our 3rd visit to Warsaw and the first time we staid at this hotel (we staid at the Intercontinental and the Sofitel during our previous visits).
We walked past the Bristol a few times last year and we liked the idea of staying there one day. But being in our 30's the 'oldfashion style' of the place prevented us from booking it at that time so when I saw on the hotel's website that the place was completely renovated (and redecorated in a style I would call 'contemporary art deco') we decided to give it a try.
From the 3 hotels we tried in Warsaw I would say that the Bristol was our favourite (even though the Intercontinental was also exceptionally good). The things that made the difference to us were the location of the Bristol (close to the old town, on the most beautiful street of Warsaw, next to the presidential palace) and the fact that it is a historical landmark (the whole place feels so 'grand', full of old world charm despite the renovations, while the Intercontinental could be just in any big city).
I will now try and rate the different aspects of the hotel :
1) Overall impression : 10/10
'Wow!' The renovations they carried out are truly amazing, contemporary but with a art deco twist. Really very nice, with lots of marble and white and blue tones. With respect to all the old features that are so well kept (I did some research on the hotel and it's remarkable how many things still look so much like they did 100 years ago, for example the Column bar and the lobby ceiling paintings). This is one of only 2 'historical hotels' that are left in Warsaw (the other being the Polonia Palace) so the chance of staying in a place like this one is exceptional.
2) Room : 9/10
Very nice again ! I requested a quiet room with a king bed, non smoking and that's what we got.
We were in room 243, overlooking the park. Nice and quiet.
Very stylish with lots of attention to detail, not the largest room I've seen but more than adequate and I do know that being in a old building is a limiting factor when carrying out renovations so it was fine with me. Comfortable king bed (180cms wide), clean marble bathroom with no separate shower (knew that before). I was hoping for a bathroom with daylight but not having it wasn't a big deal at all! Shower head could do with a replacement but also here no real complaints. Nice Waterl'eau products.
Air conditioning worked fine but with outside temperatures of 36C it's obvious the room wasn't as cool at night as I should have wanted it to be.
Discrete turndown service every night and free mineral water, replaced twice daily.
3) Staff / Service : 8/10
Reception staff was ok, not over-the-top friendly but ok. 'Correct' is what I would call it.
Breakfast staff also fine, some very friendly and pleased to serve you, others a bit shy. From what I understand they are not too familiar with the idea of 2 men staying in the same room having breakfast together. :-))
Also saw some of the staff text messaging on their mobile phones during work, didn't really bother me but not too sure how '5*' it is :-)
4) Breakfast : 9/10 (I would give the Intercontinental breakfast a 10/10)
Very large choice, good quality and food is refilled all the time. Fresh orange juice. Nice crispy bacon, pancakes, nice scrambled eggs, some nice Polish meats and specialities and the possibility to enjoy breakfast outside in the courtyard made a big difference to us! You can have a glass of sparkling wine to go with it too.
Almost forgot to mention the panna cotta's, I had way too many of those :-( very nice !
5) Pool / Wellness : 8/10 (the Sofitel pool is really worth 10/10!)
Pool - nicely renovated and ok size but could do with some smooth, cosy lightning, instead of the bright white lights that are there now. I was also missing some music, even though there were new speakers hanging there. I guess that the 'cold atmosphere' was the reason that no-one was using the loungers that were around the pool.
Sauna and steam bath were nice (but steam bath very very hot!!). Very clean too and nicely designed. There is a decent gym too and the staff was pleasant.
6) Facilities : 8/10
Free wifi at the lobby (worked fine), but not free in the room which was fine for me.
We didn't really try any of the bars or restaurants at the hotel (or the Cafe Bristol), even though we planned on trying the Column bar but with the very warm weather we had while we were there it was just so nice to spend time outdoors during the evenings. Maybe next time...

As a final point I should mention that, even though the Bristol is the most expensive 5* hotel in Warsaw, it is worth every penny so if you're not too sure about booking, just do it! You won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Delectatio,

I am very glad you decided to stay at Hotel Bristol, Warsaw. Thank you very much for your positive and such detailed review. I am sure other travelers will appreciate it a lot. I have shared it with all concerned and I do apologize if you have found some minor faults.
We are truly grateful for your encouraging words and particularly pleased to see that you like effects of the works of famous hotel designer Anita Rosato .

Should your travels bring you back to Warsaw sometime in the future we would be delighted to be able to welcome you back at the Hotel Bristol, Warsaw.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It was my second stay at the Bristol but the first time since the renovation.
Everything is gathered in this hotel to create an overwhelming environment: very good renovation, history of the place, location ... It could really be an exceptional place!
Unfortunately, some details make it only a "very good hotel": I had some troubles in my room with AC, TV and minibar and I received no answer from the reception to my e-mail; the morning breakfast is good (eggs could be better) but it is not well organized; the staff is very kind but doesn't have the manners of a Palace; the uniforms of the staff are too standard and not really luxurious.
All these are of course details: I really enjoyed my stay there and I might return. But it could have been excpetional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear FredK1412,
I would like to say thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Hotel Bristol, Warsaw.
We value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative.
I regret to hear that your stay was not perfect and I would like to assure you that as you do, we believe that “good” is not enough for Bristol. Your valid comments has been addressed to our management team. Experiences shared with us, like yours, have significant impact on training plans prepared for our ambassadors and are the steps in our continues mission of improving guest experiences.

Please keep trust in Bristol. I will be much looking forward to welcome you back to Warsaw.

Resident Manager.
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Quite possible this is the best hotel in Warsaw. Rooms are cozy and quite large. A bed was so-o-o good and comfortable. Great location, very close to Old Town. There was a great selection at breakfast and everything was delicious. Staff is very helpful and service is very good. Highly recommended. It’s a great deal for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms located on floor 6 have small windows. Perhaps this floor was an attic a while ago.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear ktaam,

Thank you for sharing your experiences after your visit to Warsaw. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Hotel Bristol, Warsaw.

It was a pleasure to note how much you have appreciated our rooms and bed. We work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special and I am very happy to hear we managed to meet your expectations.
I will be much looking forward to welcoming you back at hotel Bristol, Warsaw.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband was away on business for 2 weeks and is a regular visitor to the Hotel Bristol, so joined him in Poland for the weekend and stayed with him in the hotel at no extra cost. The hotel was clean, tidy and very welcoming. The hotel staff called the room and knocked on the door to check we were ok as they stated they hadn't seen us around the hotel.
I cannot comment on the food as I did not eat at the hotel but my husband has had room service food and thought it was very good, especially the Bristol Burger.
Overall a lovely experience at the hotel Bristol .

Dear ruthy1982,

Thank you for sharing your experiences after your visit to Warsaw. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Hotel Bristol, Warsaw and I hope you will have many more opportunities to join your husband to travel together.

We are aware of how special such travel can be when partner is joining person travelling in business. Our concierge team will be happy to prepare for you information about Warsaw to make sure you can fully enjoy your stay.
Looking forward to your next visit. On behalf of the all the ambassadors of the Hotel Bristol, Warsaw I thank you for your positive review.

Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Gorgeous, European Style, Deluxe Hotel. Best possible location, adjacent to Old Town. Excellent breakfast. Very good value. Had Deluxe room. Stayed July 12 - 15, 2013. Well maintained. Very good service.

Dear Ericg89185,
Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel here on tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

I am delighted to hear that you liked our hotel and its location in the city center. We are looking forward to have opportunity to welcome you back to Warsaw.

Please let us know when you are coming back and we will arrange for your stay.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The staff was nice, helpful and professional. We were upgraded on arrival. The rooms are big and clean. I recommend you try the brunch on sundays. For breakfast and lunch you should book a nice table and not in the same room as they serve the food. It is not an expensive hotel compared to other 5 star hotels. If your in Warszawa stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Karl K
Dear Karl K,
Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Myself and our ambassadors we were delighted to read your comments. Such comments fuel our enthusiasm to exceed guests expectations and our dedication to quality and value for money.
Thank you for taking the time to share that with travelers community. We would do our best to make sure that every of your stay at the Hotel Bristol, Warsaw will be exceptional.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very good hotel centrally located in Warsaw. Helpful and serviceminded staff. Nice rooms and beatuful facilities. Nice swimming pool and Sauna. A little expensive breakfast but well worth the money, since the quality and variation was outstanding.

Room Tip: I bought breakfast and premium Internet in a package that was quit cost effective.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lars S
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Lars S,

I truly appreciate your commendatory words about your recent stay with us at the Hotel Bristol, Warsaw and it is indeed an honor for us that you share your feedback not only with us, but moreover with the entire TripAdvisor community!

It is the attentive service what makes a difference for travelers, we believe, and this is our scope to the best in it.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you soon again!