“Very good, not excellent, but for price and location, it's a great deal!”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very good, not excellent, but for price and location, it's a great deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

A beautiful hotel in a great location - situated centrally on a long remodeled street with plenty of food and nightlife options and only 5-10 minutes by foot to the old town.

A plush, classic interior with antique elevators. Rooms are perfect size. Bed isn't 5-star quality in terms of comfort - a cheap, bouncy, firmish mattress. All amenities are available in the room including a Bose sound dock! Showers are tub-style with a shower head that is very low and didn't work entirely properly.

Room service is exorbitant!

Staff is friendly and professional.

YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR WI-FI????? This is a no-go, hence the 4-point review. In a hotel of this standard in 2013, to charge for wi-fi is unacceptable. And 10 USD for 3 hours at that!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the comments following your recent stay at the Bristol Hotel.

I would like to kindly assure you that we do provide the access to the high speed internet in our hotel lobby, nevertheless the in-room internet facilities are subject to additional fee. Although we have not met all your expectations in this area, I hope that you have enjoyed the stay in overall.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Bristol upon your future visits to Warsaw. Therefore, please kindly contact with me directly if I can be of any future assistance.

Sincerely Yours,

Wojciech Bialecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

A great hotel with classic building, charming decorate, full of services and good staffs, located near the old town ( though it's a bit far from city center ). One of the best hotel in Warsaw with competitive price!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Sornin,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay at Hotel Bristol.

We are very fortunate to have such a central location and a renovated building with history and charm. Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comments about our efficient associates and the interior design.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit in Warsaw.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights on a business trip. A great hotel. I will be staying agian. The facilities are excellent as is the food. The service is attentive and charming always trying to help. I can't fault it. You clan also get very good value deals through the comparison sites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear you will be coming back. It is great to hear that our guests enjoy our renovated hotel and the service too.
If you travel a lot, we recommend becoming SPG member, if you have not joined the program yet. SPG guarantees extra benefits. Our staff will be happy to help if you happen to have any questions on that when you come back to Warsaw.

With best regards,

Feldkirchen, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The complete staff at the hotel is very friendly and professional At this point I want to thank Anna from the Front Desk for her warm welcome and helping out with my missing SPG card - she was great! The Bristol does not have those trendy huge entrance halls but a small and cosy one with nice ornaments. The colomun Bar is very cosy and the piano player was very good. I cant say anything about the restaurant or breakfast, as I was always out in town for eating. I once visited the Bristol Cafe where they tried to copy a traditional Viennese Cafe. However the atmosphere is quite cold, the selection of cakes and pastries is very little and the music they are playing fits more in a trendy bar that a traditional cafe - the waiters were very nice and professional. If you want to have a better selection just visit the BATIDA bar just opposite the hotel - they also have snacks and breakfast. Besides the cafe I also ordered room service where I oredered a Club Sandwich. The service was fast, the taste was OK, but nothing outstanding.
I was staying in a Executive Double Room, facing the inner courtyard - for sure the best choice as the standard rooms are facing the busy road. Everything you expect from a 5* hotel is available, the selection of bathroom amenities is very good. The housekeeping did a very good job.
I also asked for a massage and tried a 25min. "back & neck" massage. The Spa (Treament room) at the lower first level is little bit wired but OK. I am not sure whether the massage therapist was really a professional, as his treatment was somehow strange. However it was still relaxing. Price was around 40$, which is very reasonable price for this kind of hotel class.
The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to discover old & new town, as well as for enjoing the night life. The Opera i.e. is just 10 min walk away, National Gallery 15 min, Old Kings Palace 5 min. In the same road you can find various cafe, bars and restaurants, if you do not want to eat the hotel, like I did. Time from airport to hotel is about 25 min and the fare should not exceed 50 zl..
All over the stay was very good and I would and will come back for sure, especially due to the location.

Room Tip: Executive double room to the inner courtyard, the main road is quite busy, even during the night
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Such extensive reviews are really important to us, as they give us great insight into our guests experience. We regret you have not decided to check our chef de cuisine excellent Polish duck at Marconi restaurant, maybe you will feel like trying Hotel Bristol exquisite cuisine when you come back.
I regret to hear that the selection of our pastries did not meet your expectations. Café Bristol is famous in town for best cakes, perhaps we sold more than expected that day. It is a legendary cafe in Warsaw, that is we decided not to renovate it recently, as we wanted to keep the spirit of the place, which is really important to many people. When you come back I will be happy to tell you great stories by a cup of coffee related to Café Bristol, where great minds gather since 1901.

I also recommend asking our Concierges about some different, uncommon places to visit during your next stay, so that you will experience Warsaw in a very new way.

Greetings from Bristol,

Antwerp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

As far the best hotel we've ever visited.
The location is excellent (few minutes from the old town, and if you ever wanted to sleep next to the President this is the place to be because the official president's residence is next to the hotel).
The staff is very friendly and helpful (special thanks to Aleksander for the nice conversations!), clean and comfortable rooms (and a very good bed!), the staff even puts slippers next to your bed and closes the curtains in the room while you are dining!, the winebar is very nice and has good wines per glass and some really good snacks, the bar is very romantic with candle lights and has live piano music (and it's a very good pianist), the breakfast is amazing, the restaurant is top (try the herring or tatar as appetizer and the duck as main dish), etc., etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

When I read that Hotel Bristol is considered „the best hotel ever visited” I really want to share it with all hotel staff, as they create the atmosphere of the place. Hotel Bristol is 112-years old and we always try to do our best to keep the spirit of this legendary place. I am happy you tried tatar at Marconi restaurant, this is something foreigners visiting Poland should never miss. Thank you for sharing your experience. It was great pleasure to read that our guest enjoyed staying with us.

Best greetings,

Gorlice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

invariably caught up in the hotel bristol in warsaw!
I welcome the changes that cause the rate it even higher!
with full responsibility, I can confirm that out of the hundreds of hotels I've visited around the world, from Spitsbergen to Antarctica is one of the best at what happened to me to be!
as indeed happens everywhere shortcomings:
and this is something niedopatrzy Room,
and it is leaking bathroom fixtures,
and this is a lady learner forgets provide coffee ....
after all, honestly, wholeheartedly, recommend to anyone!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank januszn
Dear Januszn,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments on Trip Advisor, especially that it is another one about our hotel written by you.

I am delighted that you keep enjoying your stay with us especially as one of guests who is a
frequent visitor in our hotel.

I do look forward to welcoming you again in Hotel Bristol, Warsaw.

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you can afford this hotel, do not stay anywhere else!!!

This hotel has a fabulous location, walking distance to old town. I didn't see any other well known hotel chains in this area. You can walk to many restaurants and shopping and sightseeing. The hotel has its own car that will take you anywhere including the airport however be aware that it is more expensive than asking the doorman to hail a taxi (they don't tell you it's more expensive and they automatically steer you towards this hotel car which is why I mention this).

The rooms are large and clean. Bathrooms marble and comfortable. Bed is luxurious! We had lunch in the restaurant and one dinner - both meals were excellent. Went to the bar nightly and service was good. There is a free biz center in lobby and free wireless in lobby. Concierge arranged a city tour which picked us up directly in front of hotel. The staff is attentive.

If returning to Warsaw again I would not stay anywhere else! This is a four star luxury hotel!

Room Tip: Use regular taxis vs the hotel town car - much cheaper!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vg411973,
Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our central location, room, bed and the food. Moreover, I do appreciate your kind comment about our helpful associates, business center, free WiFi in the lobby of our hotel and the Column Bar.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Bristol in Warsaw soon.