“Great hotel, would definitely go back”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Aberdeen
“Great hotel, would definitely go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here last September.....just catching up on some reviews....

Hotel was going through renovations when we arrived but this didn't cause any major issue. Unforutnely though we had to move room twice due to the bathroom door not closing properly....thought this was a bit weird it happened on two rooms in a row. Some people might not think this is an issue but wasn't comfortable having such an arrangement where I couldn't lock the bathroom door. Anyway the hotel staff moved us twice with no fuss and gave a us a free bottle of wine to keep us sweet. Apart from that the rooms were a decent size and had all the usual items you would expect. TV was ok and a had a couple english speaking channels.

Had breakfast in the hotel each morning and it was a top end buffet. All the usual items you would expect layed out in an appealing manner. I usually stuffed my face in the morning and that set me up for the day.

Location is great and it's near to loads of restaurants and bars. There's a bus stop right out side the hotel that will take you straight to the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Warsaw and would try and stay there if i visited the city again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guests,

We have finished the refurbishment in January and have joined The Luxury Collection portfolio recently. The renovation took quite some time, but all the works are already finished and our guests can experience the best of Hotel Bristol.
Thank you for your understanding regarding the change of your room, I am pleased to find out you were happy with the complimentary service. Our breakfast is famous in town with its variety. You can either, as you said, finish full, or have light breakfast, if this is preferred.

I hope you experienced the most from the location had great time in Warsaw.

Best greetings,

Wojciech Bialecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Bristol for a conference and expected a standard business hotel, a little worn out with impersonal service. But I was very pleasantly surprised. This hotel in exactly the right part of town for work and leisure. The staff at this hotel were first rate from the reception desk and concierge, through to housekeeping. All had a friendly manner; all went out of their way to be helpful. And I was not the only one to notice this. The rooms are quietly stylish, with ultra modern bathrooms well stocked with attractive toiletries. Then there was the above average buffet breakfast - also well stocked with tasty looking local and international options. Lastly the swimming pool was also a good surprise: clean and easily long enough for laps. What was there not to like? I would very happily stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your comment. It is great pleasure to read that you appreciated the design and really felt exceptional atmosphere and incomparable spirit of our 112-years old hotel. Hotel Bristol staff is very engaged in delivering best quality services and I will make sure they know that it is being appreciated by our guests.
I hope you had time to try exceptional dishes in Marconi Restaurant apart from breakfast. Our chef de cuisine is a great talent, I truly recommend ordering his excellent Polish duck.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Greetings from Warsaw,

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

First of all I would like to say I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. Its PERFECT location and 5 star rating is well deserved. I will not write about the many many many good things as its all been written in previous reviews and all is very true. I will just focus on the small things just because its a LUXURY COLLECTION resort. So its not every other 5 star hotel- it should be something more.

1. Public internet - saying its slow.. its understatement. I understand that hotels want to make money and charge you for in room acces, but if I'm in the bar or at breakfast ( and sometimes its only "free" time) I should be able to work. Its impossible to do anything..

2. Bedding -- I was expecting more. It felt "rough". You dont get a feeling of a high thread cotton. Plus it smelt "chemically" funny. Like it was bleached.

3. In room TV - decent selection of channels, but all is "snowy" and not even close to HD quality.

Apart from that, my 5 night stay was perfect. I have never seen such friendly and well trained staff ( well, maybe apart from Vietnam). They do really make you feel special. I know im knit picking. But if you want to be LUXURY COLLECTION hotel, well be ready to house people who know what they are talking about.

So in general- 5 star review if it was a 5 star hotel. Unfortunately it is more than 5 star hotel.. so only 4 stars from me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jhbcub
Dear Guest,

The ambasadors are more than happy to find out their services were appreciated by our guests. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for sharing your experience.
We have just joined the Luxury Collection group, which is great honor to us, and we constantly focus on delivering best services possible. We have managed to increase the speed of the internet in the public area and I hope you will be able to experience that during your next visit. Excuse us for snowy TV – it was that time in Warsaw when the entire city was going through big transfer to digital television only and we were facing few issues with transmission during that period, as TV transmitters in the city were being adjusted.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a romantic 2 night stay at the Bristol for my birthday, 5 stars in a good way not snooty, fantastic staff, nothing too much trouble, very well appointed rooms with luxury bathrooms and very comfortable beds. Lovely quality fixtures and fittings with plenty of towels to use.
The breakfast is great loads of choice including Vodka and Champagne to set you up for the day!
Great location for the old town and Zoo with plenty of restaurants to explore.

** The nicest touch was being given chocolates and a printed weather forecast for the next day by the chamber maid... super***

We will be back!

Room Tip: make sure you stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew H, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Woody039,
Thank you for writing such an encouraging review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you and your partner visited Warsaw for your birthday. I am glad that you were happy with location, room, bathroom and beds. Moreover, I appreciate your kind comments about service provided and breakfast in Marconi Restaurant.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Bristol in Warsaw soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

After spending 10 days tramping around Poland, the last weekend of our journey ended here. It was my buddies 50th birthday. We wanted a comfortable, cozy, and exceptional experience. The Bristol delivered.

The room was spot on luxury overlooking the Presidental Palace. Clean, Crisp, and Cozy. The extremely well-trained, and beautifully groomed staff made sure we had a grand welcome and exceptional stay. WIthout pomp, the kindly had a small birthday cake awaiting us when we arrived.

The facility is grand. Not LARGE by scale, but grand in feel, flavor, design, and value. The column bar was my favorite. Live piano music made for a very nice start or end to the evenings. The bartenders (and often servers) were hustling. I think they seemed alwasy understaffed. But took VERY good care of us. We did a little mix up between Jim Beam Bourbon and J&B, but at that point of the evening, it really didn't matter.

I loved our stay here. Loved the beds, loved the robes, loved the shower, and loved to welcome.

Dear JimAtlanta,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts after you visit to Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to hear your stay was enjoyable while you and your friend visited Warsaw as we are very lucky with our central location and renovated building. I am also glad that you were happy with food, service provided and a great Column Bar, with its charm and atmosphere.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit us in Warsaw.

Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Top notch luxury right in the heart of Warsaw. Wonderful room with view of Presidential Palace. Have a night cap in the Column Bar, live piano music and fun drink menu.

Breakfast left a bit to be desired both in offerings and service. The hot items were your typical buffet offerings, bacon, scrabbled eggs, grilled tomatoes, a potato offering, beans, mushrooms and a type of pancake/crepe. The cold buffet did have a nice variety of selections. The whole experience just didn't fit in with the luxury reputation that the hotel has gained. The service was also spotty, had to ask 2 different servers (the second one we had to ask twice) for cream. In their defense, the restaurant was crowded but still, there were plenty of servers running/standing around. Maybe establish a coffee bar where guests can serve themselves.

Special recognition goes out to Agnieska at the front desk. She provided a very smooth check-in process. She was also very patient with me when I goofed up our internet service. Turns out you receive a code for access for each day, NOT each device, my bad. Agnieska did explain that during check-in but I was too preoccupied at trying to find a place for pierogis :) Thanks for a wonderful stay Hotel Bristol, we would absolutely recommend your property for anyone visiting Warsaw.

Dear DannyZ24,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Hotel Bristol.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit while you were with us and that you liked our central location, great Column Bar and service provided. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team, especially Agnieszka from the Front Office.

However I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with breakfast and service in Marconi Restaurant.

Thank you again and I do look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Bristol, Warsaw.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the perfect place to stay in Warsaw - near old town, next to Presidential Palace. Other hotels boast that they are adjacent to Cultural Palace which is fine but not where you want to be to get a real sense of the old Warsaw.
Everything is right about this hotel; location, service, friendliness, cleanliness, quality of food - I could go on but you get the picture.....

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Park or down toward the old town