“The Restaurant Inside the Hotel Is a Classic!”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Los Angeles
“The Restaurant Inside the Hotel Is a Classic!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were in Warsaw over the Christmas Holidays and just about every restaurant closes on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day except for the hotels. We made the mistake of eating at our hotel (Radisson Central) the night before and it was forgettable. However, if want the absolute best hotel meal in the whole town during the holidays or any other time, then this restaurant at the Bristol Hotel has to be your destination. Elegant decor, fine table settings, and first class service, royal atmosphere and incredible food. The coat room and restroom facilities are "stately." The best dining we had while in Warsaw, bar none. My wife had an excellent salad and I had the venison Carpaccio. Superb! That introduction was great but it got better. My tenderloin was just about perfect (I'm spoiled), but my wife's venison tenderloin was phenomenal and absolutely the best ever! The desert (cheese cake) was dreamy. The only down side were the short pours on the vodka martinis and a "pricey" wine list. We visited this only because of the difficulty in finding an open restaurant on Christmas Day, but we were rewarded. Treat yourself while in Warsaw. Make a reservation and you'll agree it's "worth every penny" if you enjoy the good stuff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just back from a 4 night stay at the Hotel Bristol and what an amazing hotel.

Lots of research was done before heading to Warsaw and the final decision was between the Bristol and the Sofitel ( which is minutes away from the Bristol). We were delighted with our choice of the Bristol - it has a fabulous location near the Old Town - which in my opinion is where any visitor should stay. We passed lots of the big chain hotels in the city centre - Marriott, Intercontinental, Sheaton, Novotel, Radisson, Mercure and also the Polonia Palace but felt that this city centre area was more geared for the business traveller. The city center was like any big city - a concrete jungle with lots of traffic and noise. Having said that the transport is very good but I would definitely stay in the Old Town area if travelling again. It is lovely to be able to walk back to your hotel in the evening after dinner in the Old Town without having to get buses etc.

We arrived in Chopin Airport after midnight on the 26th December - as it was so late we opted for the hotel transfer - this was 105 PLN (€26 approx) - would be less if we had taken an airport taxi - which was added to our hotel bill. At that hour of the night we were at the hotel and being checked within15/20 minutes of leaving the airport. We were due to fly to Modlin but luckily for us flights were redirected to the closer Chopin airport.

We took the lift up to the 6th floor in the wonderful old style lift. Our room was great - door opened into a little hallway which had a door leading to the bedroom. Bedroom was very comfortable and spacious with large king size bed, flat screen tv, seating area, desk and chair, kettle. There was a door into a separate walk in wardrobe which contained a safe and another door led to a little sitting room with sofa/coffee table and a second flat screen tv. The bathroom was off this little sitting room area. Shower over bath was ok - a little low if you are tall. Toiletries provided included shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, mouth wash etc. 2 dressing gowns and slippers provided. Hairdryer also in room.

There was a turndown service each evening and a chocolate left on our pillows. The pillows were almost tooo soft and the room very warm at night. We did not seem to be able to turn down the heat at all and the windows could only be opened a little (presumably for safely reasons)

Breakfast was included in our price and it was lovely. Something for everyone - hot food included sausages, bacon, hash browns, mushrooms, scrambled egg. There was plenty juices, fresh fruit, cereals, different types of bread and cakes. Yougurt, cold meats, cheeses, smoked salmon etc. Tea and coffee served at the table. Staff were very friendly and efficient quickly clearing away any used ware etc.

The pool looked lovely even though we did not get a chance to use it.

The Old Town was minutes from the hotel and had plenty of restaurants and bars. During our stay the place was beautifully lit up with twinkling lights and Christmas Trees etc. The Christmas Markets were still on and there was a great buzz around

During our stay we wandered around both the Old Town and New Town and went into some of the beautiful churches. We headed out to Lazienki Park - it was a lovely crisp dry day and ideal for walking around. We vwent to the Gestapo Headquarters, the Warsaw Uprising Museum, the viewing deck of the Palace of Culture and Science, Pawiak. We also took a trip to Praga.

Overall we had a brilliant time and would not hesitate to go back to Warsaw. We would definitely stay in the Bristol and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

2 Thank marcolet
Wojciech B, Resident Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Marcolet,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience after staying at our hotel.
There is no better reward for our efforts than to read a comment from a satisfied guest.

I am very happy that you liked our destination, Warsaw and recently renovated Hotel Bristol.
Indeed, Warsaw is the cultural and business heart of Central Europe.

One again I would like to thank for your words of appreciation.
Please rest assured that I will share your comments with all the staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Bristol, Warsaw .

Kind regards,

Wojciech Bialecki
Resident Manager
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The hotel is an impressive building from the outside and inside, located on the Royal route and with a great location 5-10 minutes walk to the Old Town. I was ugraded on arrival to a very spacious and well appointed Executive room which must have had the most comfortable bed and nicest linen I've ever experienced in a hotel. The staff are very attentive and friendly, the service is excellent including showing you to the room. In fact nothing seemed too much trouble for them.
I loved it.

2 Thank Henry C
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The location of the hotel is so appropriate, in the most popular avenue of Warsaw. Very close to shopping area and old town. and also to the christmas market in the old town. The breakfast was also very good and the rooms are renovated. The hotel is so clean and the service is very very polite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GZMOA
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It is located in a perfect spot. You can walk to the Old Town Square or down to Vistula river, shops and cafes in Nowy Swiat.
Parking was no problem. Room a little small but beautifully furnished. Bathroom was spectacular.
It has class without the pretence. Service impeccable and genuinly polite.
I will stay there again - no other hotel in Warsaw compares with Bristol.
It felt like being back in time - Mr. Wokulski's era.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bozena K
South-east Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I'd not stayed in Warsaw before and wanted to stay somewhere which would allow me to explore the city centre on foot and am happy to report that this hotel is ideal. Firstly it has 24hr check-in, it's right next to the President's palace, a short walk to the old town, palace of science and culture, central station, the tomb of the unknown soldier, and on bus routes to the rest of the city, e.g. to Wilanów. It's interior is most comfortable and tastefully furnished and decorated and the staff are friendly and helpful; what I want most in any establishment. Only two drawbacks; you need to show your discount voucher at time of placing your order at the in-house cafe, no good trying when you want to pay, and although most staff could understand my Aussie accent the ones in the cafe just stared at me blankly, refused to understand me so my Polish wife had to help me out; it was most frustrating. One other thing, to change currency, I learnt to not use the Kantor across the road: while others gave me 3.20 zlotys for the Aussie dollar, this one gave me 2.46. So much for their "0% commission" sign! Apart from this, I totally enjoyed my stay in Warsaw due mainly to having chosen to stay at this marvellous hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Rzeszow, Poland
Reviewed December 16, 2012

As a regular visitor to Warsaw, I had made the Intercontinental my home away from home and for the best part of 8 years I had stayed there a couple of times a month. So the time had come to get a change of scenery and I tried the Bristol. The reason for this is that I had been told that the hotel had been refurbished recently and I though I would give it a go. The last time I stayed here was back in 1994 as a teenager and it has changed a lot. I was booked into an Executive room and it was absolutely beautiful although a little small, it reminded me a little a room from the Hermitage in Monaco. Breakfast and Location are both spot on and in future this will be my weapon of choice when visiting Warsaw. I look forward to trying out the suites.........

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business