“5 star prices, but no 5 star surprises”

Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
warsaw
“5 star prices, but no 5 star surprises”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I live in Warsaw about 15km from city centre but sometimes we just like to have a little city center sleepover and we were keen to check out the Bristol, which we have admired externally for many years.

The location on Krakowskie Przedmiescie, is perfect. The hotel reception area is a little cold and not very enticing however in Warsaw where all trace of pre War history was destroyed there is a feeling, very rare in Warsaw that you are stepping the same steps as famous 20th century Warsavians, the small brass plaques in the reception remind you of previous guests.

We did not get the hard sale of breakfast and internet as we had already paid in advance 120 pln per person 30 euro!

We were allocated a room on the newly refurbished 6th floor, which was traditional with contemporary twist, dark greys and duck egg blue was the colour scheme. The bed as it was brand new, was very comfortable.

In-room facilities were non existent no free wifi, no tea and coffee facilities, limited toiletries, in the bathroom, one bathrobe, in a double bedroom, limited tv channels, no information about Warsaw in the room, or hotel recommendations, about places to go things to see, I know Warsaw so I did not need this, but for guests visiting from outside Warsaw, it would be nice to sit in your room, planning you day

I did not get any 5 star service from concierge, when i asked if the hotel had bus tickets, I was just given the short answer of No.

We made our own plans for dinner, although after a few bottles of wine I was in desperate need of water when we returned to the room, but at 19pln nearly 5 euro for a small bottle Perrier, I risked the tap water. Do hotels just not want you to use the mini bar, a bottle of Perrier in Warsaw costs 2pln, even if they marked up the price by 5 times they would still make a profit.

I was looking forward to my 30 euro breakfast feast, the service was friendly, level of spoken English by the staff is excellent, however, my first coffee, was weak cafetiere,no offer of a coffee menu, but this was available but only if you asked. There was an interesting menu of breakfast dishes on the menu on our table, brioche with smoked salmon and hollandaise for example, but i was unsure if they were included or if they would incur an additional charge. The buffet breakfast was the usual Polish fare of cooked breakfast with tinned mushrooms, cold meats and pastries, definitely not worthy of the price tag and poor in comparison to the other 5 star hotels in Warsaw. There are many places for breakfast close by, I would save my zloty and check them out

I am glad I checked it out but would recommend other hotels in the city over The Bristol

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dawninwarsaw
LeMerdienBristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for your time and sharing your detailed comments regarding the level of service you received during the recent stay in our hotel.

We are always grateful for the Guests’ support and bringing all the concerns to our attention. Constructive opinions like yours allow us to look closely at our daily routin and enable us to continuously improve the quality of our services we are renown for worldwide. So please rest assured that I will share your comments with all the staff.

Once again, I am grateful for your feedback. I do hope that we will have a chance to host you back at Hotel Bristol in the future and have the opportunity to provide 5* service.

Michael Goerdt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Herselt
Reviewed March 27, 2012

when we arrived at the hotel the person at the reception immediatly congratulated us on our 5th anniversary with a big smile (apparantly my boyfriend informed them that we were celebrating our anniversary in Warsaw) and that set the tone for a great stay at this hotel.
because of our anniversary we got an upgrade and had a very nice and large room on the 5th floor. totally my style (some call it old fashion but i prefer stylish and it fits the exterior of the building, which is impressive at first sight by the way). the bottle of wine in the room was of course a really nice surprise too :-)
from the first moment on everyone at the hotel was very eager to help us in any way: where to find a nice restaurant or which bus to take to go to a museum...
the restaurant was really good too, nice food and a great waitress who helped us make a good choice. we also were very surprised with the very good wine choice.
the bed was large, the elevator fantastic, massage was energizing and the sauna/steam bath /swimmingpool and fitness relaxing! maybe one thing: the wellness needs a little update we feel, but it is still working as it should though.
what we didn't understand was the price of breakfast, as we compared it to the price of dinner at the restaurant or breakfast places around the hotel it was extremely expensive.
but it was in every way the place to be in Warsaw: in the centre, nice place, nice people, nice food!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank klaraverlinden
LeMerdienBristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment and sharing your impressions with us following your stay at Le Meridien Bristol in March this year.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer care is one of our highest priorities and receiving such a wonderful comments is always a great reward and make our work worth all the efforts.

With greatest pleasure I shared your words with my entire team as they are the great motivation for all of us.

Once again, I am grateful for your positive feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Meridien Bristol.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The hotel Bristol is a piece of Warsaw's history. Check-in was correct but I did not like that man tried to sell me "breakfast with the internet." My room was extra large and all worked as expected. Breakfast? No, one should have more international breakfast, I had a hard time choosing what I want. It may be that I do not eat sausages, but that's it. The bar? Hmm .... it was the middle of winter and cold so we were not a lot. If one wants experience the luxury of the 90's then it's very nice. Fine, good wine selection and friendly personnel.
Location, excellent with several good restaurants around, close to Old Town, Teater Wielki-Opera and the stopp of local bus to the airport. Can I avoid the taxi to-from the airport so I do. If I take the bus so I learn more about the city. Recommended for both tourist and business crowd.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Krzysztof F F
LeMerdienBristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was my pleasure to read your comment posted on TA following your stay at the Bristol in January 2012.

I assure that I will share your words with my staff. Comments like yours make our work worth all the efforts and gives us a lot of motivation.

I am looking forward to host you at the Bristol when your travel brings you back to Warsaw.

Melbourne
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Ok, I am staying 16 nights and I am writing this 11 nights in as I believe I have the rhythm of this hotel. The negative things are not so much to do with the slightly run down nature of this once grand historical hotel, but the inconsistencies of a hotel which claims to be 5 star. The slightly worn room ( one of the best ones according to check in staff! ) does not bother me as I have stayed at Raffles in Singapore prior to renovation and loved it, but can I say check in staff was average...seemed a little miffed that I did not want to prepay breakfast and gave no info about the hotel or services...and there is no real comprehensive room guide. As I sat in reception to use the free if slow internet there a few days later I heard the same person check in a platinum SPG member and he could not have been more helpful...the restaurants, bar, gym, internet, breakfast times etc were all explained most clearly...so if you are not a member or have as few points as me, you will probably never be given this info...it took finding and reading tiny notices in the elevator to discover info about breakfast and the gym/pool! Room attendants were fantastic and room was well serviced given the run down nature of what they have to work with..room service was pleasant and fast! You will need to put you DND sign up for the morning as my door was knocked on 3 times before 10am the first morning...paper, minibar and housekeeping...the worst towels I have had in a hotel above 3.5 stars and the worst lumpy dumpy bed I have had in anySPG hotel or any hotel this trip including a 3 star in Poznan! Want something better but without the history, try the Sofitel around the corner ...Warsaw is flat and walking is easy if the weather is good....

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room to restrict street noise....outward facing rooms have a better view if a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MargaretPowell
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen Le Meridien Bristol, Warsaw for your stay with us in March this year.

Please find my sincere appreciation for your valuable feed back. I assure that we take seriously all the opinions the good and the bad ones. Comments like yours allow us to look closely at our daily routine and they are the criterion for product and service improvements.

Please rest assured that I will share your comment with all the staff and we will do our best not to repeat the mistakes.

Last but not least I am pleased to inform you that we have started renovating hotel rooms and in the future year the public area will be refurbished.

Therefore I do hope that we will have a chance to host you back at the Bristol and have the opportunity to provide 5* service and accommodate you in a renovated room.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bristol I remain,

Jersey, UK
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Well located grand old building that has been nicely renovated. Rooms spacious and pleasant, but quite a bit of noise from street, not perfect sound insulation.

Room service average. Breakfast mainly the ubiquitous buffet. Cooked to order omelette was poor. Coffee good, grapefruit juice really good. Staff pleasant and helpful.

Would go again in preference to Marriott etc, but might try Sofitel next time to compare.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jerseyman1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TA page following your stay with us in March this year.

Your opinion is very important and valuable for us as it gives motivation and hints to improvement.
Please stay assured that I will share your words with my staff.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to host you again upon your next visits to Warsaw.

Looking forward to hosting you I remain,

Reviewed March 13, 2012

After visiting other big chain hotels in Warsaw for work many times i was booked in the Bristol recently. By far the best experience yet, the rooms are slighly outdated but the staff and location make the experience very good. The hotel has everything you need including pool and sauna. Also the food served during our conference was excellent.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank SanderVonk
LeMerdienBristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post the review on TA page following your stay with us in March this year.

I am pleased to read that you liked the property, food and the service. I am going to share your nice comments with all my staff.

I am happy to inform you that Le Meridien Bristol hotel is being refurbished at the moment, so all the rooms will be uplifted. I do hope you will have a chance to check it when your travel brings you back to Warsaw.

Looking forward to host you again I remain,

Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Making a good first impression is easy for this hotel, cause it looks like a brand new one. The lobby is quite elegant, with red, pastel and white shades.
There’s a pool area, really comfortable if you want to read a book or just to relax.
Location – Not exactly in the city center, but quite easy to get to.

Rooms – Clean and spacious, with a pleasant smell. Facing the city park.

Staff – Polite and correct. A little serious but very attentive. The bartenders are extremely attentive, worrying every time they serve the drinks exactly the way we like.

Restaurants – there’s plenty of good and elegant restaurants in the surrounding area, so I didn't get chance to try it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Amashir
LeMerdienBristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to write and share your nice comments
regarding our hotel and employees, after your recent visit with us.

I am very happy to hear you have enjoyed a unique decor of the hotel as well as our services
and I assure you that your comments will help us to maintain our high standards of service.

I do hope you that next time you will have a chance to try our Café Bristol offering light
meals and (probably) best desserts in town or Marconi Restaurant where we serve Italian food with Polish touch, during the spring and summer also in our beautiful Patio.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Warsaw.