Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw
Castle Inn(Warsaw)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
2,256 results
All reviewspresidential palacecolumn barwine barmarconi restaurantold townbeautiful hotelroyal routeexecutive roomperfect locationart decorooms are largean upgradenowy swiatconciergestarwoodrenovationeurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Spent 7 nights at the Bristol two weeks before Christmas and found it quite interesting and very comfortable. The hotel dates back to 1901 when it originally opened and has changed hands several times throughout the century and has a very colorful background during both World Wars. Be sure to read the History brochure that is in your room about the hotel. Also, I would recommend going to the little "museum" that is attached to the hotel to see some of the pictures of Warsaw pre/post war, it is on the right hand side of the building. My room was quite large and roomy and included a walk in closet and a separate sitting room. The bathroom was fabulous with lots of white marble plus a heated towel rack for those cold December mornings after showering. The television had only a few English channels and many different language channels, very international. The sound was piped into the bathroom so you can listen to the TV while getting ready in the morning. The closet was large and spacious and included a very large wall safe. The maid service was outstanding and every night they left a chocolate on my pillow and 2 fresh bottles of water without fail. The locals told me not to drink the tap water while visiting. The room had both hard wire and wireless internet which worked perfect. My only issue was the temperature of the room was very warm. I turned the two thermostats down to the lowest level but the heat from inside the building continued to keep my room really warm however, I able to open the windows to cool the room down. The breakfast each morning was outstanding with a very large buffet of hot and cold foods in the room adjacent to the hotel lounge. The check in / out service was easy and the doormen were very professional and attentive. The concierge was great and always did his best to try and accommodate our large group for dinner plans even when we tried to get a table for 12 at the last minute. In addition to being a very historic hotel and quite clean and comfortable it is also located within walking distance to Old Town and lots of other historical sites. It is also adjacent to the Presidential Palace. I highly recommend this hotel either for vacation or business.

Room Tip: The inside rooms are quieter than the outside rooms due to the heavy foot traffic, police sirens, buses, cars, etc outside the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The best location to visit and enjoy Stare Miasto. Walking distance to storic town and Zamek Krolewski, shops and superb restaurant. Very good, comfortable hotel, helpful/friendly staff. Very comfortable bed. The decor could improve a bit, but it is consistent with other hotels in other europiean capital cities like Vienna or Paris. Love the stay there. Thank you LeMeridien and Warsaw

Bardzo dobry hotel by sie zaatrzymac w sercu Starego Miasta. Hotel komfortowy, lozko bardzo wygodne, personnel bardzo usluzny. Hotel reprezentuje europejski standard ktory mozna porownac do innych hoteli jak w Wiedniu czy Paryzu. All the best and thank you for the great stay

Room Tip: Was happy with mine, maybe closer to the lifts. Do not know the noise level there
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Bernadette17
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor page following your stay with us last month. Its nice to read that you enjoyed your stay, the location and the service provided.
We are happy to advise you that the hotel is going to be renovated starting early next year so the decor will improve.
We are looking forward to welcome you at the Bristol upon your next visit to Warsaw.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel 3 times per year in the last four years and I have to recognize that while today Warsaw has a choice of top quality hotels that matches any other mid-size European capital, the Bristol continues to have a charm that makes me return as often as I can. Being at walking distance of the nicest parts of Warsaw gives it an huge advantage over better hotels. My only worry is that the price is continuously increasing without real increase in the value of the room or the stay. And again, as many European hotels, the fact of charging an arm and a leg for the internet is quite annoying.

Room Tip: If you allow for being woken up early by the noise of the change of the guard, the rooms overlooking the presidential palace give you a small show outside your room from the early hours. I have lately changed the overcharged breakfast for a small café/patisserie some 300 metres south in the same Krakowskie Przedmiescie called Saint Honoré.
Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank rdjim
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TA page following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to inform you that the hotel is going to be throughly refurbished, the project will start 1. quarter of 2012 and then you will feel the value for money is good, I am sure.
Apart of Marconi restaurant where we serve the breakfast which you think is overpriced, we also invote our guests to Cafe Bristol where they can enjoy not so rich but less costly morning meal. I would encourage you to give it a try on your future visit to the Bristol.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future I remain,

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed here for three nights in November and had one of the best stays that we have had in any European city. From start to finish the service was excellent, including the ride from the airport in the hotel car. (Approx 25 EUR as I recall.) The rooms were well appointed, quiet and clean. Housekeeping was by far and away the best we've had at any hotel. It seemed like every day they came right after we left and were done in just minutes, but all the while doing a great job. This was truly a fantastic hotel and a real bargain at less than 100 EUR per night. We'd recommend it to anyone visiting Warsaw.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank habs07
Lemeridienbristol, General Manager at Hotel Bristol, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting such a nice comment on TA page earlier this month. Reading that we have met our Guests expectations makes us really happy. Please rest assured that we will share your comment with all the associates and with HKP ladies first of all.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Bristol upon your future visits to Warsaw.
Kind regards,
Michale Goerdt

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have been staying at the Bristol for many years. I have tried all of the new hotels including the Hyatt and other trendy boutique 4 and 5*'s but none of them come close to the warmth and service I experience at the Bristol.

I enjoy the fact that I see staff members I remember seeing years earlier and the fact that they still remember me! this is a rare trait that you rarely see anywhere else in the world today. I also have a soft spot for the building, it is one of the last remaining bastions to the Art Nouveau period with a Grand Salon to rival any building of the period, which the proprietors have nurtured and restored as opposed to re-styling it to make it more contemporary.

I am upgraded every time I stay now regardless of my SPG status, they just recognise my name on the register and put me into a decent room on the 7th floor without even a murmur, A lesson many other 5* brands could learn from, how many times do you need to check in to a hotel today before their system start's to flag you as a returning guest? Le Meridien Bristol, Warszawa is the only hotel I can categorically say, believes your custom is important to them.
Steven Herbert from the UK

Room Tip: 7th floor suite/Jnr Suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Steven H

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for writing such a great review on Trip Advisor page. I don't recall our hotel being so nicely complimented. To make our guests happy during their stay with us is our goal. Reading that we have achieved it is what makes our daily duty worth all the efforts. We are here for you to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations. Knowing that is has been acknowleged makes the difference.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to host you back at the Bristol in the near future.