“Spacious room”

Ranked #14 of 124 Hotels in Warsaw
Lincolnshire
“Spacious room”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We were in Warsaw for a wedding and spent 5 nights here. It had the feel of a typical international business hotel but the room was spacious and quiet. The bathroom was excellent with a great shower. Wifi available but a new code needs to be entered each day. Can't comment on the food as we didn't take breakfast at the hotel but we did have a long wait one evening for a drink in the bar!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kevinlia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bassenge, Belgium
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night in June 2014. Hotel is in a central location (walking distance from the central railway station) with plenty of shopping, drinking or eating possibilities. The standard double room was quite large & nice (although the cleaning could be done a bit more in detail). Had a small dinner in the hotel restaurant (Winestone), which was excellent. Good variety of wine, excellent food & quick and friendly service. I would recommend this hotel strongly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 single rooms, 2 for 3 nights and 1 for 2 nights to attend a conference in the nearby Marriott. The room for my 2 night stay was upgraded on arrival to a twin. My room was quite large, had everything I needed and was spotlessly clean. The toilet was in a separate room to the main bathroom, which itself was a good size with a really good shower (no bath but I didn't want one anyway). The beds were very comfortable and had crips white linen.

The other two single rooms were a fair bit smaller but still a decent size. The single beds were actually queen sized. The shower was in a sort of glass box with a curtain that pulled across between it and the bed, so that when the curtain was open the room appeared surprisingly spacious. Again the toilet was in it's own room.

All of our rooms were in one of the rear wings, with the windows facing across the back of the hotel to the other wing (the hotel is shaped like a square 'C'), so whilst the view wasn't terrific, it was quite literally silent inside. No traffic noise at all. The corridors are well carpeted and maybe we were lucky with other guests during our stay, but we didn't hear other guests either.

We didn't have the opportunity to eat at the hotel because food was provided at the conference, but i loved Warsaw, and if I get the chance to go again I will book a longer trip and certainly stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was there for a business trip in Warsaw and I stayed at the Mercure hotel Grand.. It was a nice hotel with nice WiFi service and very nice breakfast. Room was spacious and location was good.
Will stay there again.
The guest relation specialist "Joanna Jannasz" was very helpful with a smile at all times.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The place needs a sprucing up. Lobby and restaurants are nice. The rooms are ok. Not great. Air conditioning didn't seem to work but was able to open the windows but then had the street noise. Walls are dirty and water from shower leaked onto the floor. You have to sign into the Internet every 24 hours but this seems standard. Great location and safe area. I was just OK but it was convenient

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Warsaw in a heat wave. The shower was so amazing I am thinking of changing my bathroom.

Fabulous room and so cheap!

For the Warsaw uprising museum (our main reason for visiting) it was a bit of a hike but it is well placed for the tram.

I seriously would visit again!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank libraryhelen
Vietnam
Reviewed June 20, 2014

As a solo traveller I have been caught before in hotels where they give you the smallest and worst room in the hotel. So when I checked in to the Mercure they said they couldn't give me a room with a double bed, but they took me to see a room with a wide single bed and another room with twin beds. I chose the room with the twin beds and the receptionist rang the housekeeper who immediately came up and moved the two beds together, put a topper across both beds and remade them with king size sheets. She also brought up several sachets of decaf coffee at my request. I was impressed by the staff's eagerness to please. This room (701)had an unusual bathroom arrangement which I assumed was due to structural columns in the building. There were three doors on one side of the room. The first one contained the toilet, the second was the wardrobe and the third had the shower and washbasin. This room also had plenty of space for toiletries.

The hotel also had an unusual system for their free wifi. As I was there for 9 nights, when I checked in I got dockets with 9 different passwords which were supposed to last for 24 hours each. In fact, this often didn't happen and when I spoke with one of the receptionists he said these days guests often have three electronic appliances plugged in such as phones, tablets and laptops. As the hotel can accommodate 500 guests, this overloads the system.

I didn't eat breakfast in the hotel, but did have some light meals in the bar. There are numerous very good restaurants in the side streets near the hotel. The hotel is very well located within walking distance to the main street of Nowy Swiat, but it is a long way from the old town. However, once I had conquered the public transport system I went all over Warsaw.

If one of the managers reads this I would like to say that Joanna, the concierge, is the best guest relation person in any 4 star hotel in the world and I have visited over 60 countries and hundreds of hotels. Well done Joanna. She will remember me as the "shoe lady" as she went out of her way to help me with issues regarding shoes. I had bought a pair of shoes in Krakow that were so comfortable for walking around cobblestone streets. I thought I would buy another pair in a different color when I got to Warsaw. However, with Joanna's help I discovered that the manufacturer did not have a retail outlet in Warsaw, the capital city. Joanna contacted the manufacture and found their website in Polish, ordered the shoes on-line, then walked around to the post office with me to arrange to send the money, as the manufacture would not accept credit cards. She then rang the manufacturer again and said they had to arrive by Tuesday as I was leaving on the Wednesday. When I got back from sightseeing on the Tuesday there was the parcel containing my new shoes on my bed, put there personally by Joanna. You can see why I think she is the best concierge I have ever had help me.

Room Tip: Ask to see the choice of rooms that are available in your price range.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo