“strongly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Helsinki, Finland
“strongly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is very good. Service very, very friendly. Restaurant is good. The central location of the hotel is very useful for business travellers. Several ministries are in the very close neighbourhood.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to have you at the Mercure Warszawa Grand. Thank you very much for spending your time with us.

What is more, it really seems that you liked our hotel, its amenities and most of all – our staff. That fact motivates us a lot in our continuous strive to provide and maintain high quality product and service. If we look back into the history, owing to our location hotel has always been visited by numerous officials, entrepreneurs and travelers. I reckon that you also had a chance to take advantage of that factor.

Again, thank you very much for visiting us and we are eagerly awaiting your next arrival.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good location, very good service (breakfast to room), cosy rooms, good beds, clean and modern bath, good heated (Poland is cold in January - what do you want more? When I was there, the speed of the WIFI was very ok.
(If you want one thing to critisize, then it's the octrurted Taxi cab from the hotel (they didn't let you choose) which was double expensive to the train station than a normal cab.)

1 Thank Nikolaus_M
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure to accommodate and serve you during your stay. On behalf of the entire Mercure Warszawa Grand team please accept my sincerest acknowledgments for your feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is also very good to know that our location suited you and that you appreciate the quality of service in our hotel. Hearing that you liked the design of our rooms makes us even happier. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you were left without a choice while ordering taxi service. I would make sure that your remark is passed to the relevant department. In that way, we would be able to prevent future occurrence of the same situation.

We are hoping to welcome you back at the Mercure Warszawa Grand.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

A nicely refurbished modern look hotel almost in the center of Warsaw (walking distance from it).
The restaurant is good, but especially for breakfasts it is an amazing place. The 15e in addition spent on it are worth it, but can get a better deal easily if staying for longer period or off-season. The are around hotel is quiet, and easy to get there or away with taxis parked nearby all the time.
Fitness is sufficient for a workout.
Internet is slow but free.
many good international restaurants are in the surrounding area.

Room Tip: the standard rooms are a bit small, but surely suffice for a 1-2 nights stay in need of silence, ge...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your past stay at the Mercure Warszawa Grand. Thank you very much for choosing us.

I am very glad to hear that you liked the effect of the refurbishment that was done. Indeed, our location is central what definitely helps to see the city, dine and move around in the area – all major means of public transport are located in the proximity of the establishment. Thank you very much for complimenting our breakfast buffet, we are happy that it helped you to have a good start of the day.

Again, please accept my acknowledgments for your favorable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at Grand for six nights in middle of January. I had a most wonderful stay. The room was excellent, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom modern. The breakfast buffet was enormous in size and range, it was worth every penny. The only thing I can find to complain over is the bad coverage and speed of Wifi in the room (in lobby it was very good). The hotel is good value for your money. Next time in Warsaw I will stay at Grand - it is almost perfect.

Room Tip: Better view on ul. Krucza side.
2 Thank andbos83
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure for us to receive such positive feedback. Please accept my sincerest acknowledgements for choosing Mercure Warszawa Grand as a place of your stay.

What is the most important is to know that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly. That fact brings us a lot of satisfaction and motivates us in all actions that we undertake to provide highest quality product and service. We are really happy to find out that the design of our rooms appealed to you and you were pleased with breakfast variety. Moreover, I would like to assure you that your remark concerning Internet connection has already been passed to the relevant persons in our company and we would do everything what it takes to minimize and eliminate that inconvenience.

Thank you again for your comments and we would be more than glad to welcome you back at the Mercure Warszawa Grand.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was new to Warsaw and needed a place that was centrally located. The Mercure Warsaw Grand was very comfortable, quiet, and with a very friendly staff. They offered a full European-style breakfast, but I made tea and coffee in the hotel room. I used the gym, which had bikes, step machines, and a glider and a rowing machine. It also had free weights. I did not try the bar and restaurant, but I looked inside and it has a pleasant atmosphere with a good wine list. The hotel has its own fleet of taxis, and my driver went out of his way to help me. The reception desk even helped me find a health food store because of special dietary needs. I plan to stay here again and will recommend this hotel to others who are going to Warsaw. It's perfect for both business and pleasure trips, and is not far from the central train station. The hotel had wired Internet in the room and wifi.

Room Tip: I was on the fifth floor in an upgraded room, which was roomy and overlooked the front of the hotel.
1 Thank whitney S
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for spending your stay at the Mercure Warszawa Grand. It is a great pleasure for us to receive positive feedback from satisfied guest.

Your extensive opinion would certainly be helpful for those who are looking for centrally located modern hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying at our establishment and took advantage of its amenities such as fitness area. Last but not least, I would like to thank you for complimenting our staff who strives to provide perfect service experience to every guest.

We are hoping to welcome you back very soon at the Mercure Warszawa Grand.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Location, rooms, service are all excellent, and the price is right, too.

Have stayed here several times already on business, and enjoyed each time.

You know that feeling of waking up refreshed because the mattress and pillow were just right, the covers weren't too warm or cold, and you felt somehow safe and relaxed? Well, this is one of the few hotels where I had it.

The location is great, there's a wonderful Thai restaurant 3 minutes down the street, and I never saw a single employee who wasn't helpful and polite and just plain nice.

Next time I have to be in Warsaw, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your past stay at the Mercure Warszawa Grand. We are delighted to hear that your stay went well.

What is the most important, we are happy that the combination of all listed above factors, influencing on your stay, turned out to be right. Indeed, our location is central what surely helps to move around the center of the town. In addition to that, your comments regarding our staff show that all our efforts to provide impeccable service were not wasted.

We are very grateful for your loyalty and we are looking forward to the opportunity to host and serve you again at the Mercure Warszawa Grand.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Mercure Warszawa Grand for a week at the beginning of January 2013. I arrived on a PKP train at the Warszawa Centralna station and simply walked out the front entrance and turned left and then walked 10 minutes down Aleje Jerozolimskie turning right on Krucza just past the large Novotel hotel. The Mercure is in a recently remodeled building on a side street so the location is very quiet. The hotel is near the main train station and Nowy Swiat, the tourist street, Royal Castle, the largest shopping center in Poland, Zlote Tarasy and the Palace of Culture and Science.

The small room I had on the 5th floor facing an office building was very quiet, modern and contemporary with newer furniture. The room had a unique shower arrangement with a glass wall facing the bed and a separate room for the toilet. The room had a closet safe, mini ref, teakettle, a very soft and comfortable mattress and comforter with mushy pillows, small desk, central heating and air conditioning, hairdryer, a rainwater showerhead and blackout curtains that really worked.

The hotel is very large consisting of 7 floors with very long hallways and many rooms. There is a bar, restaurant and conference rooms on the ground floor with a Fitness Center and sauna in the basement. There is also a Business Center just off the lobby with an Internet PC and printer.

Breakfast was available which I never tried so I can't comment on the quality or quantity.

The hotel does have a dedicated taxi/car service to the airport or I could have taken a taxi for about 50 Zl. but since I had a lot of time I chose to take bus #175 for only 7 Zl. from a stop near the hotel that only took about 45 minutes in total.

The Mercure Grand was a very nice, large, quiet, contemporary hotel in a great location in downtown Warsaw. The employees were friendly, informative and spoke excellent English. If looking for a hotel in Warsaw this would be a good choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
14 Thank Mark O
GRELATIONS3384, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Warsaw Grand, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire Mercure Warszawa Grand team I would like to thank you for your comprehensive feedback. We are always very happy when we receive positive comments.

Meeting and even exceeding expectations of our guests’ is one of our priorities that is why it is good to find out that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We were really glad to host and serve you during your winter week in Warsaw.

Please accept my sincerest acknowledgements for your extensive description of our rooms – it would certainly be helpful for other guests who are considering Mercure Warszawa Grand. What is very important, I am happy to know that you had a good sleep because of the comfortable mattress and blackout curtains. Moreover, our personnel is thankful for your positive remarks concerning human part of our establishment as that is what can influence the most well-being of our guests.

We would be more than glad to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Mercure Warszawa Grand.