“Nice sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
Athens, Greece
“Nice sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Really nice and central hotel! The bus 175 from the airport stops next to it. Everything is walking distance, last day unfortunately lost our reservation and we were waiting 25 min to give us another room! It was good thought....

Room Tip: Better rooms and easier access over the 19 floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

This Novotel easily could be a five star establishment.
What have make it - for me at least - a three star, average hotel is the human factor.
Arriving from the airport, greeted by the londiner who had taken my luggage from me... so it was like arriving to a five star hotel. Started with 5 point from me, with all the greatness of the lobby, looked very decorative, very luxury, very impressive!

First point minus: breakfast, busy time. Waitress helped me to find a table, I grabbed my mug for coffee. Got it (after standing in a queue), but when arrived back to my table, it was occupied (I had nothing to sign it for hey, do not sit here). Bit annoyed, found another, put down the coffee, beside it put an untouched sugar and cross it with a clean spoon - thought it sign enough that hey, do not touch it, will come back!

Gone for the first round, and when I came back, the waitress put my coffee on her tray and go for the sugar. Understandable, I was quite annoyed because of the table etc., told the waitress (admit: not-so-kindly but not rude!) that that is my coffee. She threw it down to the table, so hard, my coffee spillt! I was stunned first, then angry, but made a mental note of the one point minus.

Second minus point: at checkout. They got wrong with my reservation, the girl told me that I have another night in the hotel (I spent alltogether 12 nights in Warsaw). I did not know that whether I have accomodation in the nearby hotel for that night, so since I thought that I have accomodation in Novotel, left my luggage with the note that I can checkout in the evening if the other hotel OK.

After a day of negotiation with my company and the other hotel, the company cancelled my night in the other hotel, arrived back for a letter from the reception about my reservation. I got angry again after all of that. Gone down to reception, they told me that I do not have reservation for that night, and asked what do I want. I told them that I want to check out, I do not want to stay in a hotel which do not know whether a room booked or not, paid or not.

They first told me that I have to pay half of the room cost for one night because I checked out late! Needless to say I was very-very angry, all I wanted to do is leave and go to my other hotel. Finally I did not have to paid the half-night, only the extra (room service).

So while the hotel is looking great and the most of the staff do their best, there are some, who do not, or got it wrongly, so it is shame for this beautiful establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kismaci
Aylesbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is fairly typical Novotel.
Pros: A central location, good value, close to the major tram lines and the food was good.
Cons: With the central location, comes a bit of noise - the trams start rolling early, which is not great for a light sleeper. The plumbing system also seems to be a bit noisy but perhaps I just had a poor night's sleep anyway. The service in the restaurant was a bit slow but we were a large party. As previously mentioned, the towels are thin and worn.
Overall, a good hotel for a business trip but I'm not sure I would stay here on vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel while attending international soccer match
Rooms good size
Clean and we'll maintained
Restaurant being refurbished but make shift area nice enough
Staff very friendly and helpful
Over would return good location for visiting Warsaw

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on and off for almost two months. Great location close to nowi swiat and the tram lines. Rooms are clean and if you get upgraded the beds are bigger and you even get your own nespresso :). I would stay here or Radisson Sobieski or Marriott instead of the Sheraton if you need to take the tram. Make sure to get a room facing the city / "Stalin's cake". The other side doesnt have much view. Also, good gym on 31st floor.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The staff here are friendly, professional and very helpful. I stayed for three nights in February and enjoyed my time.

The only let down was the state of the bath towels, there were thin, worn and small. This seems to be an Accor trait as I expereienced the same thing at the Ibis in Den Haag.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business