Novotel Warszawa Centrum
Marriott Hotels
$94
Travelocity
4,735 results
All reviewsold townhuge hotelthe upper floorsbusy hotelcentral locationnice hoteltrain stationtop floorexecutive roomexcellent locationnespresso machinebusiness tripreception areapublic transporton footshopping mallchopin airport
Reviewed May 9, 2013

we did expectednothing special from this novotel - it was in the typical standard design (as mostofthe other novotel). but there, we have to say, that the staff at reception was very friendly and customerorientated. breakfast service waschoiceful - very good coffee and bakery items. large hoteland nice view from the higher floors!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is in the center of Warsaw and easy access to all type of transport. Staff are wery helpful. Breakfast was perfect, but staff in restaurant was wery slowly. Wi-fi internet is free and sufficiently fast. Everything in the hotel was perfect.

Room Tip: "Ask for upper floor room for a nice view of Warsaw."
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Pros
We normally stay away from high rise hotel blocks like the plague, but for Warsaw we decided to make an exception given the cost of this hotel and the location.
We got a good deal through booking.com on a non-refundable, pre-paid booking.
The location is perfect I think. Very central, a pleasant 15 min walk to the old town and 5 mins walk to Nowy Świat (one of the main historic thoroughfares of Warsaw) in an area with lots of lovely nearby bars and restaurant.
We got given a room on the 24th floor, with a gorgeous view of the city and especially the Warsaw Palace of Culture (Stalin’s tower).
The hotel is basic and clean, a perfect base to explore this city which often gets forgotten by tourism to Poland but which turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.

Cons
After checking in as soon as we reached our room, a lady came in to lock the mini bar. The room was pre-paid and we had not left a credit card imprint but still, this is the first time I had the mini bar locked on me in a hotel. It turns out the mini bar was *already* locked. How distrusting do you have to be?! I am surprised they didn’t lock the kettle!!

The most annoying thing however was the constant flow of staff knocking and trying to get into our room in the morning while we were getting ready (and it was not even late! I am talking before 10 am!!).
On the Sunday we were planning to have a bit of a lie-in and we were woken up by a loud knocking and someone trying to get into the room at 8 am!!! Not a great way to wake up.
On our last day I was in the middle of getting dressed and my husband was in the shower when someone knocked and without waiting the shred of a second opened the door! I had to run and put my food in front of it to stop them from entering while I was getting dressed.
I found this extremely rude, intrusive and frankly unacceptable.
What do all this people have to do in guests’ rooms before 10 am??? Triple check that the mini bar is locked?!! (it wasn’t the cleaning staff as it was too early for that and there was no trolley outside)
This early morning intrusion happened 4 times during the two mornings we spent at the hotel and it seriously put me off staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank claudia186338
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent hotel in the center of Warsaw. I came with a group and it was one of our best hotels of the trip. Easy access to the subway/ buses and easy walking to shopping and food. Staff was helpful, there's a gym on the 31st floor with a sauna. They do offer internet, but wireless is only available on floors 11-31. People on floors 1-10 have a cable hook up in the room, which is fine. Rooms themselves are spacious, good size bathrooms and good views of the city. Rooms are clean and have racks to hang clothes on in the bathroom as you wish. Tubs were a little high for me, but that's a personal preference. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a nice place to stay. Big enough rooms, well maintained, clean,... I had a room at the 31st floor, from which you have an excellent view over the city. Breakfast is very varied. The location is OK, as you are only 15 minutes away from the "Old Town". Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a spectacular view: ask for a room on one of the top floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business