“Such luxury and comfort”

Warsaw Marriott Hotel
Ranked #16 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed April 8, 2010

This would be the most luxury hotel I have ever been. Most of the time I choose simple hotels to stay in, but I could book this hotel for a low price via my work. The view from our room was just great. The room itself was great too. Very specious and clean. The bed was wonderfull to sleep in, very big and good mattresses. The location of the hotel was very good, the metro just in front of the hotel and just 5 minutes walking distance from the Cultur Palace. The City Centre was a longer walk, but nice if you follow the 'King Route' Breakfast was smashing. So much to choose! There was a big shopping mall just across the street, great on a rainy day!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vdKitchen
Write a ReviewReviews (2,798)

Reviewed April 2, 2010

WE arrived at 13:30 ,and our non smoking room wasn't ready. It's o.k on that hour,, They offered us a room for smoking,and talled us ,that it doesn't have a smell.
We put the suitcase in the room, OPENed the windows,because of a terrible smell of cigarette, (didn't tuch anything), and went out to buy somrthing in the corner.we thaught that the terrible smell will gone, but after 20 minutes ,when we came back ,the smell of cigarates was still terrible, so we asked to wait for any nonsmoking room, the reaction of the man in the reception was,: "O.K! but you stayed already half an hour in the room",!!! with an very angry face!
I was realy insulted! I payed enough for this hotel...
Another thing,
The women that was sitting in a table near by the reception, didn't want to help when we asked her, and another guest told us ,that he had the same reaction of her and she she didn't try to help. I'm traveling a lot for business and plessure, and every where they are willing to help.
The hotel is located very well. The breakfast is very very good and the workers there are very nice.The reception people have to know that in a high level hotel ,they have to do a little bit more that give the key , and such as...and all the workers have to be more helpfull to the guests.. I thinks that may be it isn't the policy of the manegment, even when there are not many people and the workers are not very busy.?? ( I'm sorry of my mistakes in english).
(I recomand to put a "machine" of brushing shoes in an eccebility place).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danulik
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Big hotel in the centre of Warsaw. This hotel is not recommended for tourists but more for business travelers. Rooms are big (as we are used to from Marriott) and the service is great

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2010

The Mariott was the first five-star hotel in Warsaw and to this day remains a landmark in itself. It is very centrally located next to the main train station (avoid, if possible), metro station and shopping malls. If possible, ask for a room with a view of the Palace of Science and Culture - Warsaw's own relict of the Stalinist era

The rooms are nice and spacious. And the beds absolutely great - so large and comfortable! The breakfast facilities were also nice, although I was a bit surprised that I couldn't order eggs in the club floor lounge for breakfast. I also had to pay to go downstairs for the main buffet, although the club lounge breakfast was complimentary - strange.

Service could be better and more pro-active, but what really annoyed me were the hordes of drunk/hungover guys (depends on the time of the day), who come to Warsaw for bachelor weekends and act rowdy in the common areas (lobby, restaurant). The staff doesn't seem to know how to handle them and unfortunately they made my stay much less pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aniaolek
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I am a Japanese female who used this hotel at the end of my business trip in Europe. I have never experienced a humiliating treatment in Europe and elsewhere in such a way as the one I received at Marriott Warsaw. Unexpectedly, I got an upgraded room because of a malfunction of the bathroom of my initial room. One of the hotel male staff members, who was supposed to serve me for my moving to a new room and others, remained polite on the surface but contemptuous to me in deed. At the time of my cheking out of the hotel, a male receptionist also gave me a glace of unexplicable cruelty. I felt that I was discriminated against in either racism or sexism or both. I will never recommned this hotel to any of my colleages.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
10  Thank masakos
Reviewed February 15, 2010

The beds in this hotel are quite amazing - very comfy and lots of pillows. However the windows do not open and the air-conditioning is quite noisy which means that sleep is not as good as it could have been!!

The breakfast selection is great, but why on earth do Marriott let tea be self-service but not coffee? You have to wait for a waiter/waitress to notice you and then give you one cup at a time. This is fine when it is not busy, but they just cannot cope when there are a lot of people. There is nothing worse that having to walk round to find someone to give you coffee, and then to have to mess around getting cutlery - why on earth cannot they all be self-service? (We had the same problem as someone else on here - having to clear our own table and then having to wander around asking for knives and forks)

The internet in the rooms is both expensive and a waste of time - they have keyboards attached to the TVs, but since it will not open email attachments and won't use Java (both of which it tells you after you have paid) it makes it a bit limited.
The reception staff are rather supercilious, but it always seems that the more stars the hotel has, the more supercilious reception are!!

On the positive side, the health club/swimming pool is very good indeed.

Also the weekend rate is pretty cheap (it is just everything else that is so expensive, but everything else can be avoided :-) )

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnlatvia
Reviewed February 12, 2010

The hotel is new, modern, and up to all the standards one expects of Marriott. The location is ideal - just across the street from the Cetralna train station, and several major bus and tram routes. The views from the rooms are very good, and the breakfast buffet is one of the best I have encountered. Can be a bit pricey during the business week, but watch for very good deals on weekends. Also watch out for ridiculous prices in the mini-bar, but then you knew that. Rates for Internet access are also rather excessive.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business