“Medium-high hotel, something more expected”

Radisson Blu Sobieski Hotel Warsaw
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Elegant and clean, this hotel is very close to a shopping mall and fairly clsoe to the old town. Aside of that, I agree with other customers that this hotel has many improvement areas. The staff is professionally courteous but not particularly friendly. The business room I had was smaller than I thought and I did not feel the real value added on getting that. Rooms facing the street below are very noisy bcs of the traffic and the windows which are not helping much in noise reduction. Breakfast very good, but for dinner I would suggest to take few steps outside and go somewhere else to eat since the offer outside is very wide. Fitness center and massage services are quite below the average of this kind of hotel, I was thinking having a massage but changed my mind very soon after a short scouting. Next time I would definitely choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the main street below are surely more silent
1  Thank AdrianoRome
Write a ReviewReviews (1,905)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The rooms are of a good standard and look and feel new. The ensuite was smart and I loved the full shower head that was attached to the ceiling with an excellent head of steam. Mine was a twin room and my only gripe was that the duvet was so small it kept falling off the bed. Food was very good with a well laid out breakfast and though a relatively limited dinner menu the food was good. Judging by the amount of diners eating alone this hotel caters for the business traveller. Free internet connection was an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Peter_Mikkelsen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Sobieski Hotel Warsaw, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Aubrey L

thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you can confirm that WIFI Access is free of charge.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Every time i stay in this hotel i notice improvements.
The rooms are new, spacoius and clean
Bathroom is ok with all the amenities.
Breakfast is excellent and worth the money.
The price is right and is well located close to the centre.
Im still waiting for the renovation of the gym. It' reallynold and worn out now

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear fulvis

thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure reading it.

You are right about our fitness, however I can assure you that I am aware of the condition and I will do my utmost to have this refurbished as soon as possible.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very good hotel in the center of Warsaw. About a kilometer from the Central Railway Station. A lot of rooms, very good restaurant with sensational breakfast, nice reception. Internet - unfortunately - for an additional fee. I recommend the rooms on the upper floors. They recently renovated.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Tomwro78

thank you for your great feedback.

Unfortunately you are the second person within a short while who states that WIFI Access is being charged. As this is not our policy I will look into this immediately.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I know that the Radisson hotels differ but you still get the same feeling of being at a Radisson like you do in most hotels. I wouldn't necessarily call Sobieski a beatiful hotel but it does the trick - it's modern, rooms are ok. I would wish the food was a bit better but maybe it was just me being grumpy on the day but neither the breakfast nor the restaurant in the evening was something I would recommend (it's ok, you'll be full but not delighted). It's like most other places in Warsaw quite affordable compared to other parts of Europe. Could also have been nice with a slightly wider array of leisure activities available onsite.

Room Tip: Don't go for a suite - they haven't been upgraded as nicely as the business class rooms. And...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Shikhar B

thank you very much for your feedback. I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson Sobieski in Warsaw and I was very favorably impressed. The hotel was very well located for me, only about 20 minutes from the airport if there is no traffic and walking distance from our local offices. The area is good with a fair number of shops and restaurants and shops nearby. The price was hard to been beat, less than $100 USD per night including a full-breakfast and internet. How often do you find that in Europe?

The rooms were what I expected from a Radisson Blu, i.e. very good. The corridors in the hallways looked old and do need an update but that is a minor point for me. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Warsaw.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel joined the Radisson network recently and apparently some taxi drivers are not aware of it, so make sure you mention "Sobieski" name when entering your cab. It's a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel, located 5 or 6 minutes' tram ride from the center. Rooms are OK, beakfast is great but you have to pay for wi-fi access.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear youngmcdonald

thank you for your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

However I am very surprised to hear that you were charged for WIFI Access. As free WIFI Access is one of our unique points in relation to our competition, I would very much appreciate if you could verify this for me, as it is a company wide rule that we do not charge for this.