“Great short stay”

Ibis Warszawa Centrum
Ranked #37 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Arriving on a Saturday we had no issues catching the underground subway to Ratusz then walking, however not recommended. Would Recommend 172 bus from Centrum (rail station). The staff are friendly, and rooms are set well for a short stay. Clean and comfortable. Many pro's: great wifi, free fast computer use (2x), and plenty of info about what to do. Restaurant on premises but would opt for eating in town for something special or simple food from pizza hut over the road. (also had No issues with rioting - this far out).

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first time as was in Warsaw for couple of days. Very convenient location to lot of attractions. You can get tram or buses right across the street. Main station is just 4 stops away. What I liked about the hotel is that their staff is good and will attend to you properly and in detail if you need anything. Rooms are neat clean and basic. Good restaurant serving good breakfast if you are an early bird and good waiting staff too. Good experience overall.

Room Tip: Ask for road facing rooms they are the ones with open view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Hasnraz
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have nothing to complain about. Everything was really excellent. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The hotel and the room were very clean. The internet was VERY good and fast. The room was new and fresh which gave me a feeling of a bright new renovated hotel, for example the walls, the ground, the ceiling, the bathroom, all were new, not old, and like recently painted. I couldn't find one single scratch on any wall or door. The hotel is also very close to many tram lines that take you all over the city. It was a very good choice and I would definitly book this hotel again when I go to Warsaw.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for two nights and found that the hotel had both its good and bad points.

Firstly, it is not as central as I was expecting (my fault for not doing enough research). There is basically nothing within walking distance of the hotel but this is not a major issue due to the good transport links. A tram is just 2 minutes walk from the hotel and will take you either to the city centre or the Old Town within 10 minutes. The trams do not run all night though, so you might need to use taxis if out beyond midnight or needing to get to the station early.

The rooms are very basic which is fair enough if you are paying budget prices but did not live up to my expectations for the price I paid. I would put the rooms on par with a Travelodge. The bed, however, was comfy and the TV had a wide range of international channels. The towel in the bathroom was probably the thinnest I have ever known in a hotel.

The one big plus I would give the hotel was the free WiFi. This worked well and was easy to use. This isn't something that you would expect in the budget hotel I have described.

The staff were all very helpful and although I didn't use it, the bar in the hotel looked very good.

Overall, if you are looking for somewhere to crash for the odd night, this is perfectly acceptable. If you are looking for somewhere for longer, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Oldham_mark
Blondelle B, Manager at Ibis Warszawa Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciates your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Warszawa Centrum. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The main reason for choosing the hotel was based on price and vicinity. I was not disappointed in the rooms. Comfortable, large beds and enough space. Being a budget hotel the facilities were few but adequate. Small towels which did not dry very well (obviously the IBIS management have never personally tried these towels) - but there again it was a budget hotel. Don't expect too much from the internet connection which was slightly frustrating to use - but ok for email. 'Air-conditioning' only used for heating at this time of the year so if you want fresh air - open the window.

Situated on a major road the traffic noise was deafening when the window was opened but hardly noticable when the window was shut. Good selection of hot and cold food served at breakfast and pricewise very reasonable. The staff were very helpful and any queries we did have were dealt with promptly.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooom away from the traffic - the view front the front is of the main road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randal M

Dear Guest,

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem with the towels and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel is located not too far, but not to close to city center. But communication is good, so not big problem. However if you like to walk... If you expect anything in room - standard is very poor, even no a small bottle of mineral water.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wojciech S
Blondelle B, General Manager at Ibis Warszawa Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Warszawa Centrum. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed there in april for 3 nights.. got the spring break discount.. rooms are very clean and cosy and i would strongly recommend it.. also rooms have free wifi.. i can't deny i have that passion to the ibis group.. you always get the same quality you expect.. rooms were very cheap in price, but rich in value.. the tram station is exactly in front of the hotel and it is within walking distance from the Warsaw Uprising Museum...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciates your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Warszawa Centrum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.