“Beautiful hotel, bad location”

Regent Warsaw Hotel
Ranked #9 of 127 Hotels in Warsaw
Reviewed October 2, 2006

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. I arrived at 11am after flying all night from the states. To my delight, my room was ready at the early hour. I then went to the fitness center and found the best hotel gym I have ever seen. There were several treadmills, eliptical machines, bikes and stairsteppers. Not to mention a full array of weight machines and full weights. An aerobics and a spin studio completed the facility. The rooms were great as well. The bed was comfortable and the tub was huge. My only complaint was the Hyatt's driver that took me to the mall. I took a local cab back and the fare was half of what the Hyatt's driver charged. I asked at the front desk and was told it was because the driver spoke english and the car was air conditioned--hardly necessary since it was 55 degrees F at night. But this was a small exception to a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jennieptag
Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed September 19, 2006

Just returned from business group meetings that were held at this hotel. Superb, attentive, and caring service by all of the staff, and suprisingly good food/drinks/snacks during the 3 days of meetings. Gorgeous room, dreamy bed with soft but supportive pillows, absolutely heavenly breakfast buffet that included not only a copious array of fresh, ripe fruits, juices, cereals/oatmeals, breads/rolls/jams/butters, but also a made-to-order egg bar, where you could request anything from plain (yummy) scrambled eggs to a complex omelet loaded with spinach, tomatoes, cheese, whatever you like. (Hint: Get your eggs first, then use that plate to load up on the extras.) Service was positively royal; an associate's luggage was misplaced by the airline, and the Hyatt's desk staff not only arranged a car to whisk her to the nearest mall before it closed so that she could purchase her needs for the next day, but called the airline on her behalf every two hours until her luggage was finally delivered late the following afternoon. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean and were thoroughly comfortable; the bathrooms spacious and spa-like (see the pictures), although I found you can't put the shower on full-strength and expect the gentle curb on the shower floor to contain all the run-off ... I had my own Lake Geneva in the bathroom my first morning, and needed all the towels to soak it up so I could finish my toilette. No problem, I just kept the flow down a bit the next day, and kept a dry floor while still having a very satisying shower (and I'm picky about getting enough pressure to rinse all the shampoo out of my thick hair). The only detraction (which I didn't personally experience): Don't depend on a wake-up call; I brought a travel alarm plus I used the easily-set alarm built into the TV remote as a backup so I didn't request a call from the desk, but some of the associates among the 70 in our group complained that they didn't receive their wakeup calls on time. But aside from that, there were no complaints, and I found this a luscious, rejuvenative place. An artful tray of delicious Poland plums was delivered to my room shortly after my arrival, gratis. The first of many thoughtful touches in my 5-day, 4-night stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank imvho
Reviewed April 6, 2006

Since no-one has reviewed this hotel since last June, thought I'd add something.

I've stayed here twice this year (Feb 06), as basic member of Hyatt GP programme, upgraded to RC floor on first occasion and to RC floor deluxe room second time.

Very nice RC lounge, very nice spa/pool, slightly soulless lobby bar, nice rooms, location a little bit out of the way.

Certainly in top 10 in Warsaw, which hopefully this review will haul it up into !

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank StewieM
Reviewed June 2, 2005

Currently staying at the Hyatt.
Great surprise. Amazing Hotel room.
I travel 30-40 nights a year and stay at Westins usually. This is one of the nicest Hotels I hav ever stayed at.
Awesome rooms, views and always a hotel Taxi ready. A little bit, 5 minutes in a Taxi from old town, but quiet. Would highly reccomend to anyone.
I am staying on 'Club' level though, but at 185 USD a night, very high value.
Polish people are very nice.

4  Thank maxwell r
A TripAdvisor Member
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed January 24, 2005

I've stayed at this hotel twice now. Their beds make sleeping a wonderful experience. The food was excellent...especially the breakfast buffet. The concierge was helpful and the taxi service top notch. I don't think that I will ever need to stay at a different hotel when there on business. They're very close to the central park, and the gymn/pool/sauna is excellent. I really like this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 30, 2004

I stayed at the Hyatt in October 2004. In short, great hotel, great rooms and good food. Personnel was polite although limited in their abilities to fix problems. Upon arrival, I was told that my room was not ready do to the problem they were experiencing with their loundry facillity that did not deliver clean sheets on time. I waited in the lobby for 2 hours while I had witnessed a "walk in" client, no reservation that was given a higher category room in 5 minutes!!?? Hello HYATT staff, other the being super polite, maybe you should think "out of the box" a bit and upgrade clients on your own if their rooms are not ready! To be fair, I must say that if it weren't for this check in incident, I would have been completely satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2004, traveled on business
2  Thank PSFlyer2
Reviewed February 21, 2004

We stayed here for 2 nights in February 2004, when the hotel seemed exceptionally quiet.

The double room was superbly furnished, in particular the bathroom, and the bed was heaven itself to sleep in. For once all the fittings actually worked as they should!

As for the hotel's food, we only experienced breakfast, but we were very impressed by the quality - the fruit juice was freshly squeezed and the eggs freshly cooked to order (and quickly) and the variety of choice was overwhelming.

The staff were very pleasant and friendly and couldn't be faulted, although in fact we had little need to deal with them.

The general atmosphere of the place left something to be desired.
Clearly this hotel is aimed at the business market, and as such, no doubt it does its job exceptionally well, but for tourists like ourselves, we didn't feel that the layout of the public areas and their general feel made us feel like spending any time there. Fortunately this wasn't a problem because we enjoyed being out and about in Poland so much, we had no need to spend anything other than sleeping time at the hotel.

3  Thank chrissw