“This place is where I fell in love with falafel”

Tel Aviv Urban Food
Ranked #96 of 3,531 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tel Aviv Urban Food has been established in 2010 as a small bistro. ""Tel Aviv is a place that was created with joy and fascination. Fascination with the real Tel Aviv, one of the most vibrant cities in the world"" - Malka Kafka says, the owner and founder of the restaurant. Nowadays, Tel Aviv is one of the most cult place in the center of Warsaw. We offer plant-based, gluten-free and sugar-free meals of the highest quality - healthy and beautifully presented.
Reviewed April 23, 2019

A great spot for a quick, veggie lunch. Their food is delicious even for someone who, like myself, is a meat-eater. I love their hummus with falafel and I keep coming back for it whenever I am in town. It does get crowded for a reason.

Date of visit: October 2018
TLV_TEAM, Public Relations Manager at Tel Aviv Urban Food, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Hi there! Wow, thank you so much for the 5* review <3 We love making meat-eaters happy, probably even a lil bit more than vegans. We don't know why :D

So good to have you here!
Regards
TLV

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

Low end customer approach in a rather good area of time.
This is a small, casual cafe serving basic Jewish food.
Arrived at 5 pm, was given a table with an indication of being available till 8pm, at 5:30 I was asked to move to another table as another customer who just arrived was insisting on having that very table.
Reluctantly but courteously we moved to another table, at 5:55 we have been asked to leave as there was no more space for us.
Awful proletarian wannabe staff with no sense of international customer service.

Avoid this place.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank MissGingerTravel
TLV_TEAM, Manager at Tel Aviv Urban Food, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Hi Katarzyna,

we've already replied on your Facebook review. Doing it here to make sure it will be visible for you.

We are very sorry that this situation has happened to you and just want to say that our team is trying to take care of all of our guests. We mainly succeed - as you can check on other reviews here or on Google. Too bad not this time.

We've discussed it with Ania, the waitress who was serving you. She is so so really sorry for this. We guess that it was just a huge misunderstanding. Ania understood that you came here for just a coffee, that's why you got the table for a short amount of time. What's more she was sure that you already knew that the table you took is free up to 5:30 pm (not to 8 pm). Others tables were fully booked. Even if tables seemed to be free - sometimes we're just waiting for next guests or so.

Nevertheless, the problem should not definitely take place and apparently we did not put in enough effort to look after you in details. For which we do apologize once again. We also dropped a private message to you, since we would love to compensate for it somehow.

Best regards
Tomek

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Full disclosure - I'm not a vegan or even vegetarian, but I was staying in a hotel nearby, didn't love the look of the room service options and wanted something healthy nearby. I was not disappointed! It was so buzzy inside on a Thursday evening, the staff were quick, friendly and helpful. I got a vegan BLT to take away with pickles and wedges, I didn't wait too long. So so so impressed, it was really delicious and filling. I will definitely return next time I am in Warsaw.

Date of visit: March 2019
TLV_TEAM, Public Relations Manager at Tel Aviv Urban Food, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Thank you so much for this review, Lucy! We're speachless. Hope to see you again so soon <3 We'd love to have you any day here.

Reviewed March 23, 2019

We spent a weekend in Warsaw and we found this amazing vegan restaurant: very nice!! 100% delicious vegan food!

Date of visit: January 2019
TLV_TEAM, Public Relations Manager at Tel Aviv Urban Food, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Thank youuuu Umby! So glad you loved the place nad the food. Wishing you to have such a very every weekend. XOXO

Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

I was visiting warsaw for the first time and based on trip advisor review, I went to this resturant with my assoociate. It is a popular place so when we arrived at the resturant first thing we were asked was if we have a reservation and us not knowing that we need reservation, we requested if we can get a reservation spot and the receptionist said it will be after one hour, we agreed to it and she gave us a small torn paper with a note. We returned after 1 hour. The lady refused to seat us while she was trying to help local walk ins stating that in the note she wrote 8 pm, we said you told us after 1 hour that was 6 pm an hour ago. Anyway we were not planning to wait 1 more hour. Not a friendly place to foreigners.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank NJtravel_034
TLV_TEAM, Public Relations Manager at Tel Aviv Urban Food, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Hi there! First of all, thank you for your review and sorry for this situation and problem we caused. That should have been kind of misunderstanding we guess :( So sorry for that! Just keep in mind that everybody is welcome to our restaurants! Doesn't matter if you're a foreigner or local.

We're gonna check in details what happened there and why, that's why we've dropped a pivate message to you with some questions. Would be great if you could answer and tell us more!

Best regards