“Authentic Polish Restaurant”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited this restaurant as we had passed by and were very impressed by the food that other patrons were eating. The food & service was excellent & the atmosphere was warm & reflected typical Polish cuisine.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A friend and I came and ate dinner here. We thought it would be a relatively quick meal since we only ordered pierogies and we were trying to get to visit somewhere else afterward. We thought we had left enough time in between, but apparently it was not since we completely missed the show we wanted to go see. I don't know what was going on in that kitchen that evening, but our meal was especially slow to come out, more than 30 mins. Considering there were only about 3 couples dining there besides myself and my friend (who were one of the first tables to order), we were wondering what was taking so long. The table served before us finished their meal, paid and left and the table after us finished their starter dish and we were still waiting. The pierogies were obviously handmade, but I can't say that it was anything better or more special than other places I have eaten in Poland and they were on the skimpy side. And I can't say the prices were unreasonable, but you can get better deals with better quality food if I compare with my other Polish food experiences. This further reinforces my opinion that it is better to avoid restaurants in touristy places where you don't really see many local people dining.
Another thing that was quite annoying was that the payment machine (when paying with credit card) forced you to pay in the currency of your card rather than choosing between Polish currency or your home currency. I always prefer to pay in the local currency, but they did not allow this, saying that the machine doesn't let them change to the local currency (unless you have a Polish card). They claim that it used to allow you to change between currencies but not anymore and they haven't bothered to try to fix this.
There are a plethora of restaurants in Warsaw serving Polish food, so out of all of them, there is surely one out there where you will get a more normal dining experience than here.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a late dinner here last Saturday night. In terms of atmosphere - it's brilliant. A very sweet and inviting space. It's not really a place for groups - mostly couples and tables of four. Staff was wonderful and the (traditional Polish) menu is extensive and very reasonably priced. Wine by the bottle tends to be pricey - but no more so than anywhere else in Poland. We found it a real haven away from the noisy main square - yet it's only about a 20 second walk. We'd certainly go back.

1  Thank TWP64
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Visited on a cold evening in March and the warmth of the welcome was great. The menu seems to have a large selection of traditional Polish dishes. The waitress spoke sufficient English to be very helpful in explaining the various foods. We all enjoyed the meal and the restaurant very much.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

This little gem is hidden away up a small lane, some 75 yards off of the Old Town Square. This is a simple restaurant, no frills, great food at cheap prices. Service is pleasant and you are made to feel welcome the instant you walk through the door. Mostly traditional Polish dishes made for a lovely evening, Much nicer than the over-priced eateries in the Square...and much better value.