“Luca's the Man”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Yes yes yes its that Meg Ryan moment
Is it the best Italian I have been to ? Well its ranks with my best three of all time
The Gnocci is absolutely magnificent. I had the semolina gnocci and I have not tasted any better anywhere in the world. It was gobsmackingly good, I even ate it slowly which I never do. The starter of the Buffalo Mozzarella with tomato and the thin bread was awesome even though normally I wouldn't go for this.Its my wifes thing so I can tease her about missing out. The dessert was out of this world. It was like those brandy snap things with ice cream/cream or chocolate. The white cream/ice cream ones were for me to die for.
Went back in the evening on the same day and had the fish soup which Luca gets the ingredients once a week and it was the best fish soup I have had. And again the same desert only because I was showing my friend the menu. Luca thank you !! You have a fantastic restaurant and it truly is one of the best

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Good food, mostly the excellent variety of starters, I almost did not wanted the main.
not a lot of flexibility if you are a vegetarian, inform it as soon as you arrive, so you may be lucker than i was.
desert was also delicious.
good location, nice and friendly service.
can be a bit noise when it is full

1  Thank MrsPatriciaC
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I picked this restaurant because it is currently rated number 4 out of nearly 600 restaurants in Warsaw. I went there with two collegues. The restaurant is small and somewhat bare. The menu is also not large, with 4-5 dishes in each category. After giving lur orders we got a basket with two kinds of bread. Slices of ciabatta and small buns toppes with rosemary. Both did not seem very fresh. We also got a bottle of oliveoil, but no vinegar. For starter I had carpaccio. The meat was really good, melding on the tongue. Generous shavings of parmesan. But the rocket leaves were limp and turning in color. I was missing some lime and a good peppermill. I did not have a meatdish, but only a pasta. It was the lobster one with penne. The pasta was undercooked and the onions in the dish were half raw. Very disappointing. We were all the Way served by a waitress with very little English and even less intrest. The collegues reported nothing special about their meat. For dessert I wanted cheese. The waitress did not know which kind they had but went and got the answer. When the cheese was brought to the table, she could not identify them.

I do not understand the raving reviews Delizia has got. It is nowhere near the 4th best restaurant in Warsaw. At the most it is probably average, but on out visit it was below.

1  Thank Madkomponisten
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We tried to have dinner here last night and it was closed...So we went on a tram ride to find it and we did!!! Lucky us, excellent food! While we were waiting for our order the owner brought out a just baked roll that was warm, and delicious, ( thus the name of the place?).
My husband had a salad with pears, goat cheese and walnuts. The dressing was very flavorful, I helped him clean his plate.
I just had to have a pasta, half-Italian that I am! It was a fresh made pasta, it is cut into a square, then rolled on a dowel, the sauce a tomato base with imported Italian sausage ....OFS...
I was asking about the fab pasta and the chef came out and explained it to me. The waitperson a female, delightful, excellent English all of them! A LUNCH TRULY ENJOYED!!!!!!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food is amazing, mostly traditional Italian with a flair. The service is smart. The owner - Luca - is a great guy. They have a great wine selection. Love the place! On eof the best in Warsaw.