“Great dining experience”

Ranked #10 of 2,921 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The original menu at Platter reflects Karol Okrasa's passion for creating fresh and healthy Polish cuisine,enriched with international accents. The menu at Platter is inspired by Karol's appetizing childhood memories: each of the ingredient is natural, each taste is authentic and each element of the menu comes straight from the heart. You can also enjoy wines carefully selected by our Sommelier. We invite you to stylish interiors of the Platter by Karol Okrasa restaurant.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Do not let the fact that Platter by Karol is located in a hotel (the Intercontinental) scare you. It definitely makes sense to pay Platter by Karol a visit even if you are not a guest at the (very good) Intercontinental Hotel. The restaurant has a fairly short, but well-composed, menu with what one would consider to be Polish-based fusion food. The service is friendly, fast, knowledgeable and when asked able to provide very good recommendations. Although considered fusion, the food is not (like in many other ‘fusion places) extreme or over the top – on the contrary it is indeed very ‘balanced’.

The menu is accompanied by a short but equally well-composed wine list. An additional benefit is that the selection of wines by the glass is good. Again the staff should be commended for their knowledge.

The price level is a bit high by Polish standards, but if adjusted for quality, it is very good value for the money.

For someone willing to try contemporary Polish cuisine, Platter by Karol is probably the best place in Warsaw and accordingly highly recommended. Furthermore, the staff takes very well care of guests coming on his/her own.

2  Thank APRiga

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Food was some of the best I've had in my many years coming to Warsaw.

Nice decor is a bonus but the interesting mix of subtle flavour combinations was the highlight.

Service was good but I did have to ask to give my order on two courses (after waiting five minutes or so) but nothing major without this it would have been a five out of five for that too.

2  Thank Bp-20
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Normally I don´t eat in the hotel´s restaurants as I prefer to see different places. But Platter Restaurant seemed so interesting that we decided to give it a go. It proved to be a smart choice. This is a high class restaurant with perfect food and great service. The only little detail was that there had ran out of our first 2 wine choices. Not a big deal really.
A great restaurant worth a visit. Good value for money as well.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Delicious food!!! I am a big fan of polish tar tar and definitely I wanted to try it in the restaurant. They didn't have it oi the menu but the chief cooked it specially for us, great stuff!!!

2  Thank Ivan S
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The winter is now in full swing in Warsaw,so when I went to visit my foreign guests who was staying at the Excellent Intercontinental hotel, I was asked where can we have a good dinner in Warsaw?
Looking at the snow outside,I told him do not look far, and especially in this weather. ..luckilly The best restaurant is just in the hotel. We went to try Platter new winter menue and we loved it.
After a special starter from the restaurant top Chef Ukash, it was fantstic scalope soaked in amazing red sauce og who knows what,but tasty. We both ordered the superb new fish soup. yo can not have a meat in Warsaw without a hot soup, which was beutifuly served. Right texture, no cream ,just clear and rich. For main dish I ordered the new hunding tender meat in delicious wine souce. My friend ordered the tender lamb chops meat,which were clean from the bones and cooked to perfection in the over.
We have exchanged meat tasting and both dishes were winning dishes in taste, presentation and size. Just perfect. We took different good red wines by the glass.
The Bill was very resonable and my friend even commented that he doesnt know any placein Europe wiythj siuch excellent value for money.
I musy agree, I was last week in Riga and was amazing to discover thgat this mini city is chrgingg 2 to 3 times more expensive then anywhere in Wasaw. So I have to agre, The price was very acceptable and we havd a great evening of good food, good conversation in relacing and elegant atmosphere.

Conratulation to the excellent restaurant teamand especially to Ukash the Chef andt othe Bozena who is definately the best restaurant manager in Warsaw. She is so helpful and so warmly welcoming that it just added another personal touch to make this evevning in Platter just perfect.

1  Thank jaytourel