“Good, but not for that price”
Review of A Blikle

A Blikle
Ranked #3 of 28 Bakeries in Warsaw
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Śródmieście Północne
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was in A. Blikle for a lunch with friends, so it were not just sweets we were looking for. The choice of dishes is a bit limited, but the food is fresh and well prepared. They make french fries from fresh potatoes and don't use ready-made, frozen product, as in many restaurants. Still, the servings are rather small and the prices high.
Service is friendly and the interior a bit old-fashioned, but nice.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Maybe we are spoiled due to the good guidance from tripadvisor but during our recent 3-week trip to Poland this was a low point: unfriendly service, cakes average but a price that was double of what we paid at Wedel.
We felt cheated and probably were.

2  Thank MaBlu123
Reviewed August 16, 2012

For years I've used a textbook showing a photo of the Blikle Café and so, as soon as I set foot in Nowy Swat, I made a beeline for it. To be honest, the interior is a little disappointing as I'd imagined it to be rather more opulent than it actually is. However, the walls are covered in signed photos of famous visitors to the place so maybe it was better in its heyday. Still, enough of decor. What's important in a patisserie are the cakes and they sure don't let you down here. We had a delicous poppy seed cake and a blikle special which looked like a wedding cake and was sublime. Unfortunately, I only discovered on my return that the must have here is a sort of doughnut called paczki so make a note of it! Yes, it is on the expensive side, but it is a piece of history and I always find that worth pushing the boat out for.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Everytime I visit Warsaw, I go to Blikle to eat paczki. They are just delicious. Prices are higher than average but service is very good. Like all big cities, also Warsaw has a café with some history where tourists go because it's written in the guide. When visiting Warsaw and you like to taste some typical Polish pastry than I strongly recommend to go Blikle, just to taste the paczki.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Learned about this place through travel guides and was not disappointed. My wife and I had lunch here on a Summer Saturday afternoon, sitting at one of the outdoor tables. Considering the place was packed with tourists like myself, the service was surprisingly good. Menus are in English and our waitress spoke excellent English. We had an Avocado Bruschetta and smoked salmon (really good) as appetizers, split an avocado and shrimp balsamic vinaigrette as a main course, followed by a couple of their donuts.(Paczki). The food was simple and very good. The 1/2 dozen shrimp that came with the main course were huge, tasty and very fresh.

Expensive??? We had two appetizers, a main course, dessert, four drinks (milk, coke, water, coffee) at a sidewalk cafe on the main street of a European capital for about $40. I thought it was a great value. The Paczki's come filled with jam and have orange peel or powdered sugar for toppings and are quite good. Yeah it's touristy, but it was good and we had a great lunch.