“Fabulous hostel in great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wilson Hostel

Wilson Hostel
Ranked #143 of 273 Specialty Lodging in Warsaw
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hostel in great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hostel was friendly, clean and had a good atmosphere. My room (I stayed in a pod) was very clean, comfortable and perfect for what I paid and what I needed for my stay. There were also lockers in the rooms to stow your bits during your stay. The hostel was in a great location, the church near by set a landmark to be able to find the hostel easily. The metro was very near by as was late opening restaurants, delicatesy and a book shop. I felt that it was great value and couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: The pods are interesting and worth ago, they give a little bit of privacy also in a shared room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
York, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We travelled as a group of 4 friends. We booked this hostel a year in advance as we wanted to be in Poland for the start of the Euro 2012 football tournament. The booking was for the room with sleepimg capsules for 4 people with a private bathroom and breakfast.
A year later we arrived only to be told that the room with the sleeping capsules was for 8 people and not available, and that we would have to pay extra for a private dorm. We paid the extra amount thinking that as it was the start of a major football tournament that finding other accomodation would be difficult. However we were the only ones staying here. During check in the receptionist (who I must say was helpful) confirmed that breakfast was included in the price. The next morning there were no members of staff to be seen. When we did find someone we were told that there wasn't anybody available to make the breakfast. We let this go as we had better things to do that day. Upon returning to the hostel that evening we spoke to the same man that had checked us in the day before about the missing breakfast. He then said that breakfast was not included in the price that we had paid. He said that the hostel had updated their websiite (after we had booked a year ago) to reflect this. To settle this arguement I had to load up the hostels website on my mobile phone and show him that they were still advertising that breakfast was included. Sorry for the ramblings!
This hostel is in a good location, literally a 5 minute or less walk to the metro.
The rooms were not very clean and everyday we had to shower in cold water. The wi-fi also had a very poor connection and we had to keep asking at the bar for the router to be reset.
Overall in Warsaw we had a great time and didn't let the issues with the hostel spoil our trip.
This is not the worst place that I have stayed in but by no means was it anywhere near the best. Although it was cheap we felt misled by the description of the hostel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Halius
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

GOD< GOD< GOD.I stayed there as my usuall hotel was fully booked.The place is dirty, I slept in my clothes.I washed my hair under the tap as it was scarry to take a shower at that place.The smell inside was horrible and the guy from the reception was definitely under the drugs talking to me like...yes, because you leave our please very early waht is suspicious..????this is not your business by the way.

DO not stay there if you don't wanna catch chlamydia or symilar things.

Nightmare !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Emma W

Travelers are raving about these Warsaw hotels

Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was an interesting place to stay. It's out of the way but in a very nice neighborhood. The quality of the staff varied a lot. We had one person who was lovely and helpful and one person who couldn't be bothered to get up.

Room Tip: Our rooms were all very nice.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dustytexas
Asserac, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

very nice place to stay for the price. i was not expecting much but when i got here i was pleased i had booked to stay here. very nice and cosy.
i stayed in the pods not in a single room even then i had a very nice sleep here. even better than in many other places i have slept in.
very nice well worth it if you are coming to Warsaw.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank boofhead_1984
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

Good hostel, clean, cheap, breakfast with cappuccino, great staff!

• Stayed March 2011
Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

Unfortunately, my one-night emergency stay at this hostel (which was supposed to be a unique experience in Warsaw) ended in a truly unpleasant way. I was robbed at night (possibly by one of the roommates).

Without going into details - what struck me the most was that the hotel staff DO NOT check the ID of clients of the hostel (the person present at the reception in the morning admitted to it with disarming sincerely)! I think this is going too far when it comes to trust and hospitality in a place where you SHARE a room at night with total strangers. So whoever stays there - please beware!

Another thing is that the staff at the reception promised their management would get back to me when they watched the surveillance tapes (they claimed they had some cameras here and there) but I haven't heard from them since. I haven't even heard a single sorry from the management of this hostel, which makes me think that they don't really care about their customers.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL PURELY FOR SAFETY REASONS.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank grabtool
, Owner at Wilson Hostel, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
We apologize for the situation. Please be advised that we can store valuables in our safe. Valuables left in dormitory room "on view" are not safe. We called the police immediately, and they received all information. Once again, sorry but that is all we can do in this situation.