“Not good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Not good”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The food was bad as well as the service. Overpriced also for what you get. Never coming back here again. There is plenty of other restaurants around warsaw for the same price with a much better cuisine as well as service and much nicer interior.

1 Thank coon345

• Polish first
Irvine, California
“A Substantial Little Restaurant”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

It was raining buckets on our second night in Warsaw and we were tired and soaked looking for the restaurant I had cut out of a magazine. I said I was giving up looking for it and would eat in the first decent looking place we came upon. I saw Five Restaurant down the street and it had a Trip Advisor sticker on the door but without a computer I couldn't see what the reviews actually said. We were so hungry by then I would have had a coffee and muffin and called it a night if we hadn't found something soon. We went in and there were a few empty tables amongst about 16 tables in the place. It was clean and the waiter came to us and said we could sit anywhere and was very friendly so we sat down. The menu was limited but had an adequate variety of meats, chickens and fish, etc. My husband ordered a plate of several kinds of sausages and warm potato salad and said it was very good. He said it was not overly spiced but tasty anyway. I ordered a pork schnitzel and spaetzel. It all arrived rather quickly but this is not a gourmet restaurant so that was expected. My schnitzel was actually very soft and delicious and large. My husband had a beer and I had a soda. We were too tired for coffee and cake. The entire bill was under $20.00 American and that was unbelievable inexpensive for a downtown business area Warsaw restaurant. While it lacks any ambience, it was good and tasty and satisfying. While during our stay in Poland I wanted to experience more traditional places, I would have no hesitation going there again if the situation arose.

• Visited May 2014
Bristol
“Good price & average quality”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The price and choice was good. But the chicken dish I had was very dry. The speed from order to table showed it had been kept warm for sometime and dried out.

Visited June 2014
The World
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Having not had much luck with restaurants in Warsaw in the past, I decided to go for here on account of the great reviews that I saw here on Tripadvisor

Arrived at the restaurant, and must be honest, whilst it looked fine, it did not look as nice from the outside as it did in the photos, and the inside also was nothing fancy, but very neat and tidy and well laid out even if it was nothing really spectacular, no complaints here, but nothing special either. As soon as we sat down, we were offered a small jar of a few pieces of carrot.

The menus were on one sheet of paper with a picture of each dish, starter, side and desset (and every one) above their name, with English provided as standard on the menu, with a separate menu for drinks, a wide variety of choices to suit everyone was available and whilst the prices were not cheap, they were certainly not expensive.

First of all we ordered drinks, including a grapefruit juice, which was unlike many restaurants, a freshly made and squeezed juice rather than a bottled fruit juice, and tasted all the more better for it, something I'd like to see in more restaurants.

For starter we went with Crostini di pane to share between us which arrived after about 10 minutes after ordering, which was very fresh, cooked to perfection and very well presented on the plate, very tasty and was booked just right, so many times I've had similar dishes which were burnt or overcooked, in this case it was baked to perfection.

For mains, I went with the Pappardelle Carbonara pasta with bacon, onion, garlic, parmesan, cream sauce whilst my partner went with the Pappardelle with Smoked salmon, spinach, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil and white wine. This however arrived only a few minutes after and just before we finished our starter, and this was to be the only real issue with what was on the whole perfect service.

The main course itself was delicious, both of us sampled each others dishes and wanted to sample more as they were so full of flavour. my pasta was full of flavour and with a real satisfying taste that really pleased the tastebuds and from the first mouthfull I couldn't get enough. My partners pasta was also delicious. I tend to avoid Pasta with wine since I've had too many places that have overdone the wine part but this was spot on.

Since it was so good, we decided to order dessert, with myself going for the Banoffie Pie and my partner the Pannna Cotta with Raspberry Sauce. From the moment you saw the desserts, you knew they were going to be something special. I've never seen a more delicious looking slice of cake and anything so well presented in anything but very expensive restaurants and instead of presenting the Panna Cotta on a plate it was in the traditional container, again both were delicious, fresh and real banana pieces used in the banoffe pie with a mint leaf and chocolate sauce.

In the end with a bottle of water it all came to around 130zl upon paying we were offered a mint each and as a nice touche the waitress signed "thank you" in Polish on the receipt when we asked for the bill. I will certainly be back next time I am in Warsaw, this was one of the best meals I'd had for a long time and comes highly recommended, the food and the presentation of it were first class.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheRoamingJoe
ohio
“Fabulous non-fussy food at excellent prices”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is one of the best meals I have ever had, anywhere. I passed by this place several times while walking from my hotel (the Westin) to and from the old town and noticed it was always busy. Then I saw the sign in the window showing that it won an excellence award from Trip Advisor and decided to try it. The best decision of my trip. Very casual, with a broad but not huge menu. I decided to try the crispy roasted duck with roasted potatoes, beets, apples and cranberries. The meal was delivered piping hot, and each food was prepared perfectly. The duck was tender and flavorful - not greasy or dry. The beets tasted a bit citrusy but not too strong, or stringy. The potatoes were crispy - maybe roasted in duck fat ? and I ate till I couldn't breathe !. The small dish of cranberries helped balance the rich duck and potatoes, and the slightly crispy textued of the roasted apples balanced the soft texture of the other dishes. All this for about $12 US. Wow. I would have eaten every meal here if I could have, and if I ever return to Warsaw I will make a beeline for Five.

• Visited April 2014