“Zapiecek Polskie Pierogarnie”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zapiecek

Zapiecek
Ranked #39 of 2,451 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Locust Dale, Virginia
“Zapiecek Polskie Pierogarnie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you're in the Old Town area of Warsaw you'll find two Zapiecek Restaurants. We tried them both and found them to be very good. The service was excellent and the food was pure Poland. We especially liked the pierogies--stuffed dumplings. Also the soups were excellent--

• Visited May 2013

Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6,149 helpful votes
“Real Polish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch with a lot of our group after visiting old town. Have to say we were all impressed with the great service from the staff and the food.

They have a range of traditional range of foods including bigos, potatoe pancakes with various toppings and a great range of dumplings.

We all left very full and satisfied and the prices are very good for what you get. Highly recommended if you want to try some great Polish food.

3 Thank 1TraveltheWorld
Port Washington, New York
“Delicious Pierogis and good overall Polish experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Wait staff was very nice and attentive. Ate here twice in two days. Pierogis and sausage were delicious, authentic and a bargain. Definitely a must in Warsaw.

1 Thank MichaelPer_61
Hereford
“Great value, mega portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Zapiecek specialises in pierogi, which is translated in the menu as "dumplings". But they are more like ravioli except they're bigger and rounder. You can have either 9 or 11. I had 9 but I could only eat 4 of them, they were so filling! From the huge choice of fillings I selected cabbage and field mushrooms. As a topping I had sour cream. I also I had a side dish of green beans with butter and garlic, which came in a huge bowl. Eschewing with great difficulty, asd they lookied very tempting, the desserts, I finished off my meal with a drink they call Compote. This tastes of apples and plums and is rather spicy. The atmosphere is young and friendly, the waitresses wear traditional costumes, it's an ideal place to take kids as they do children's portions, which I think I'll ask for next time! I see there's a Zapiecek in the Streatham area of London, which I must check out.

2 Thank gayrobot
Fort Worth, Texas
“Perogies!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was recommended by the hotel reception. It appears to be a chain, but all I wanted was perogies and they delivered. I went twice. It was inexpensive and quick service. Lots of different perogies available to try.

Visited June 2013