“Good food, great atmosphere !”

San Lorenzo Ristorante
Ranked #449 of 2,494 Restaurants in Warsaw
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Śródmieście Północne
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Good food, great atmosphere !”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went to this restaurant in November 2012 as it was recomended by the concierge of the hotel I was staying in and to be honest Im very glad that I did.
I have eaten in other so called 'good' restaurants in Warsaw and this was by far the best.
I had mussels to start with which were cooked to perfection and very tasty - quite obviously fresh! The portion was more than ample and to be fair could have done for 2 persons.
The main course I had the salt encrusted baked Sea Bass which was something I had never tried before.
The Sea Bass came in a salt crust which the waitress very skilfully peeled away and presented the perfectly cooked sea bass on the plate. There were very few bones the fish was very meaty and moist and surprisingly not that salty but with just a hint of salt.
Absolutely gorgeous !!!!
A nice bottle of the Gavi wine complimented it too.
The restaurant is not the cheapest in Warsaw by any means but it is good value for the quality of food and service that you receive!!!
The restaurant is very nicely furnished and very clean. There is an outside covered area for those wishing to smoke but the main restaurant is no smoking. Staff are attentive and very friendly. The restaurant is situated in the heart of the city and easy to find but all the taxi drivers know it anyway.
All in all very nice restaurant and one I would be happy to recommend and use again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ianhblackpool

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Excellent best pasta great found”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

we were walking alongside the street to find a restaurant where we would like to eat. Have to say it was not easy as we were quite fussy that night. We walked past almost the San Lorenzo because the apperance was non descript.Fortunately we have seen Michellin guid recomended logo at the door and decided to eat there.OMG was amazing experience and very good value for money. I did have porcini mushrooms pappardelle and it was most delicious pasta i have ever had! My partner had sea bass raviolis with prawn sauce and again it was just melting in your mouth, Everything in that restaurant is home made and prepared by Italian chef, you MUST try !
our dessert was traditional Tiramisu and we easly shared one portion between us. it was most memorable meal on our visit to Warsaw.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank MadSteve23
Austin, Texas
“Very good Tomato Soup”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Tomato Soup was one of the best I've had but my pasta had a weird taste. Everyone else liked their dishes.

Visited January 2012
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average, over priced”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was expecting something a little more special on my recent visit. Quite average indeed. Got a "warm chocolate cake" for desert with ice cream. It was the smallest desert I have ever actually eaten and a little burnt. For 25zl I would rather have made my own.

• Visited August 2012
Warsaw, Poland
“Worth trying!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I visited SL Ristorante for a business lunch. It was generally ok. We have oredered some starters and a main dish. We have waited for starters pretty long but the food was really decent (tomato soup with octopus etc. was perfect). Also main dishes were very tasteful but the portions were certainly too small. Especially with respect to fish baked in salt which was claimed to be a specialty of the SL. It is an expensive place and I am not convinced whether food quality really reflects the price.

• Visited March 2012