“hit and miss but worth a visit”
Review of Restauracja Oberza

Restauracja Oberza
Ranked #87 of 258 Restaurants in Torun
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

we wondered a visit after reading the very mixed reviews on this site. the restaurant is very nice. lovely decor and furniture clean and well presented. the food choice was plentiful. the staff dont speak good english but one of the ladies did her best..given we dont speak any polish, she certainly did better than us. we found her to be very friendly and polite. the food was very tasty but luke warm at best. we had two main and 1 beer. i think it was 35zl (£7)
on leaving the restaurant two of the staff were outside smoking. we thanked them and said goodbye. they completely ignored us. not great!
I would recomend, if you fancy it. Go.
its a experience and the food was very tasty and well cooked..perhaps choose a busy time when the food is being restocked and hot?

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

12pln per meal after 5pm. Beautiful design. Fresh and tasty. Quite good for long supper with polish cuisine. Recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Our group had lunch on June 26. The restaurant has a plentiful buffet. All food looked appetizing and hot. You are charged for just the dishes you select

Wine beer and adult beverages are available. I had a very nice white wine.

Highly recommend. I suggest that you make reservations for a large group.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I've just been to Oberza- it's recommended on Lonely Planet as the best traditional Polish restaurant in Torun.
It's certainly not a restaurant- more school canteen style buffet.
The problem is the staff don't seem to like tourists- I asked if the lady serving spoke English to which she said no...except she quite clearly did speak English as when I asked her a question she could answer it very well in perfect English. If it were that they didn't speak it no problem, I'm in Poland after all, but this is not the case.
Thus I don't know what I've just had for dinner- it looked like beef meatballs although it wasn't, it was a very sweet tasting meat, served with mashed potatoes, onions and some kind of gravy. Whilst I wasn't keen on the meat, the potatoes and gravy were excellent, and I can't really say the meat was bad given that I don't know what it is,let alone how it should taste!
One thing going in Oberza's favour is their prices- for this concoction and a pint of Warka beer I paid 14,99PLN which is about £3.15 (the beer is about £1, the meal just over £2) so for those prices I can't grumble!
I'm not sure I'd recommend this restaurant- I'd suggest trying somewhere which values your custom, and believe me there's plenty of places in Torun that do!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 28, 2017

I would argue if this place is restaurant, its buffet bar - for hungry, belly fillers and not very sophisticated clients.

Date of visit: March 2017