“Perfect stay”
Review of Hotel Czarna Roza

Hotel Czarna Roza
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Torun
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Me and my Wife stayed at this lovely hotel for 3 night last year as it was our 7-th anniversary. Room was very nice, clean and warm. Just what we was looking for. Hotel is placed at one of small street in centre of wonderful city of Toruń. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend to everyone who is looking for some little charm hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LukasKey

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Hotel is situated in old part of town. Security of building is very efficient due to three locked doors.

In the hotel I forgot a charger. Hotel personnel sent it back to my home address in few days.
Breakfast is tasty and hotel personnel are very hospitable. I reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Next street to Copernicus house and the old town square. Some of the rooms with river view and balconies -with lift, some rooms with a beautiful old style decor-with no lift but ok stairs. Good breakfast, very pleasant garden area at the back. Simply, a very pleasant stay for a very reasonable amount of money.

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb the stairs, ask for the rooms in the new part. The rooms in front fac...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brummig07
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This was our first visit to the beautiful city of Torun and what a pleasure it was. Only one downside and that was the bad taste from the taxi fares, On the way to the hotel from the airport we booked it online and it cost roughly £27 but on the way back we asked the hotel to book it cost over £75.00 so my advice is to agree price before hand.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This places makes me happy and restores my faith in people. I've read that the Polish pride themselves on being excellent hosts, and Pod Czarną Różą demonstrates that well. This is a hotel with a bed and breakfast feel and a prime location. It's near the clubs, which aren't my thing any more, but it's also near the water, near the leaning tower, near cafes, near the square, near NCU…

This isn't a technical five-star hotel. It doesn't satisfy some list of check boxes. It's not cookie cutter. There's character. You'll trip on the ledge at your room's door. You might worry a bit on the tight stairs. The floor creaks as an older building should. The shower's European, so beware of cracking your elbows.

All this, and they have a real iron you can use. Seriously, silly "business" hotels, why can't you get this right?

The staff went above and beyond. I needed to check out at 5am, and they not only accomodated me but also volunteered to help with my missed breakfast. One lady provided an excellent suggestion for dinner, Oberza two doors down. They always welcomed me with smiles, even with my sad attempts at phrasebook Polish.

Perhaps I'd feel differently if I were lodged in the newer building, but my stay in the older one was utterly delightful. And extremely inexpensive.

Oh, and there is a jar of Nutella on every breakfast table.

Room Tip: If you can, the old building.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason R
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend for the Speedway GP. We were pleasantly surprised. The room good was clean and tidy but the carpet could do with replacing as it was very warn. A lick of paint would be good too. The hotel was very close to the centre of the city with plenty of pubs and clubs nearby, but this did not disturb any sleep.
The breakfast was plentiful. The only thing needed was fresh towels daily! That was the only negative. We will be back to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBartz75
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Nicely decorated rooms (if slightly small) and very friendly hotel staff. An atmospheric hotel in a great location

• Stayed: August 2011