“The epitome of bad customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jan Olbracht Old-Town Brewery

Jan Olbracht Old-Town Brewery
Ranked #6 of 164 Restaurants in Torun
Cuisines: Polish, Bar, European, Pub, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Stockholm, Sweden
“The epitome of bad customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I sat in one of the tables outdoor and after a brief wait, we were asked if we would like to see the menu.

- Yes, please! :)

Fast forward some minutes and several trips from the waiter and we were still without menus. So I politely asked for them again.
More minutes and waiter trips but still nothing. So I politely asked again.
A couple in the next table kindly offered us one of theirs, which they had finished reading long time ago. Then I noticed it, the whole outdoor area was absolutely neglected! The guests were all looking in direction to the entrance trying to catch a glance of their waiters and throwing smiles of disbelief and empathy between ourselves. So I said to my girlfriend:

- Maybe we should leave.

To my surprise, the answer didn't come from her, but from a senior sat behind us.

- Yes, you should. I've been waiting for my meal for more than 30 minutes!

So we left and thanked the man for his advice to which he responded:

- Oh, no don't thank me. Just wish me luck with my food!

We visited another restaurant and returned home after the weekend, but it is very likely that, to this day, the gentleman is still there waiting for his food.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank hecktorzr

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“good beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went there because my husband likes to try different beers when we travel. It is an interesting place with a good selection of beers. The staff were very helpful and we got our beer quickly. The food was a bit too salty and greasy for us but I think it was typical Polish food. We were the oldest people there. It looks like a popular place for young people

• Visited July 2013
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,678 helpful votes
“Good Place for a Drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

After walking around Torum's Old Town, we were directed by colleagues to stop in at Jan Olbracht Browar Staromiejski to taste the ginger beer produced there. In addition to being a restaurant and bar, this place is also a microbrewery, and the specialty is ginger beer. Sadly, we had eaten previously and thus I cannot comment on the food. The service was friendly and efficient and the beer was cold. The ginger beer is interesting, but I don't think its something I would drink regularly. I'd like to return to this place and try the food, which many patrons seemed to be enjoying.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank CJTravelerTexas
London
“Great beer but abismal service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Decided to stop off here for a late lunch. Sat down outside and waited to be offered a menu, after being ignored for 5 minutes I went in and picked up a menu. Three times I was ignored by the serving staff when I wanted to place an order. Eventually I ordered and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the gingerbread beer. Our food arrived, my wife is a vegetarian and ordered a dish with no meat, she received a dish with beef and vegetables, when I raised this problem I was told that was ok she could keep it and only eat the vegetables. When the bill arrived it was was also wrong. I went inside to pay and found there 6 members of staff standing at the end of the bar doing nothing.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Laser8London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Brewpub with good food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Having been to Torun a few times in the recent past,this brewpub is a welcome addition to this beautiful town.Waitresses and staff in this brewpub were superb despite being run off their feet,with the pub being extremely busy.All beers,a Pils,Wheat,Amber and speciality Ginger Beer were in good form,and the food was excellent value.Leave enough room for the Gingerbread ice-cream dessert too!!Fabulous!!

• Visited April 2013