“Perfect location”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Torun
Warsaw
“Perfect location”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Gromada Hotel in Torun is located in the heart of the old town, just a few steps from the main market square. Room was fine, clean but very hot. Breakfasts are OK. There is no parking. Good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ethlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here during the Euro 12 along with plenty of other Itish fans. The Hotel is in a great location Its set in a listed building down by the river Rooms were clean neat if old and functional. Rooms on the fornt were very noisy as tour guides bring groups to the outside during the day
As I arrived at 4am check in was smooth and swift and i was into bed with in minutes Breakfast was ok but a bit repiticious Very cheap for a 3* hotel Thay did not jack up the price for the Euros unlike other cities. The staff were great especially both recepionists who were very helpful in booking other accomodation anytime I was moving for games. You certainly get more than you pay for here

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms at the front The streets are very noisy as there is an open air pub outside
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dublingit
Malta
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is a small antiquated hotel with a good location and price. The interior is still reminiscent of the Soviet communist period, and the services provided broadly match, so this might be a good place for those who like this type of old memorabilia. Otherwise, it is best to avoid this hotel and go elsewhere.

My single bedroom was sufficiently big and equipped with TV and Internet (get a cable from the reception), the bathroom was middling (old fittings and shower doors that were quite difficult to close/open) but at least all was clean. The pillows were limp and flat like a sheet of paper. Unfortunately, there was no extra pillow in the linen cupboard of my room and since I arrived very late, I was too tired to go down to reception to ask them to find me an extra pillow.After an uncomfotable night, there was a great racket the next morning from the internal yard as the delivery men made their way into the hotel with loud voices and car music playing at full volume. The windows are not soundproofed so if you're a light sleeper you would be better off staying elsewhere.The breakfast was also quite missable and had I known, I would have had it at one of the nearby cafeterias. When I made the booking, the rate included a breakfast buffet but this was not really the case. On my first day the waitress (an old matron who spoke no English) came up with a menu and asked me to choose. We somehow managed to understand each other in basic German and a coffee and some toast was brought to my table. On my second day, I stopped at reception to ask for information and was told casually they were busy as there was a large group staying at the hotel which meant (surprise, surprise!) that on that day, there would be a breakfast buffet, since these are only organised when large groups are staying at the hotel. A buffet was indeed laid out in one of the inner rooms of the breakfast hall (this was not evident at all and there are no signs to guide you but the smell and noise of plates and people talking made me go inside to explore and find it). The buffet is very basic with slices of white and brown bread, butter, honey, jam and omelette and tea/coffee/fruit juice. The reception staff did not speak English and were surly except for one person who was pleasant and helpful. He gave me immediately the invoice that I had been repeatedly asking his colleagues for and helped me do my web check-in late at night since I had an early morning departure back to Warsaw to catch my plane. This helpful person is what makes me give a slightly higher rating to this hotel which is, otherwise, nothing more than a budget guesthouse.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank jojo589
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Hotel Gromada is perfectly located, just in the heart of Torun's Old Town. Rooms aren't huge but very comfortable, bathrooms spotlessly clean. Access to internet is offered free of charge so if you have your own laptop, just ask for a cable at the reception. Can't tell anything about restaurant and service because we ate out.
Reception staff weren't talkative but very polite and surprised us by offering umbrellas on a rainy day which was really great as we didn't have our own. The only nuisance was a lift which didn't work during our stay. Carrying heavy luggage up and down the stairs was quite uncomfortable.
To sum up- great deal for a low price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Magda W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Hotel Gromada is situated in the Old Town, the city centre of Torun. Excellent location, close to all the restaurants, shops and clubs.

The hotel itself is very nice and the staff is very welcoming.

The room was simple but very clean and I appreciated three different towels, tolilet seat covers, etc... Little touches that make your stay more enjoyable.
The bed didn't look comfy, but it was! I had a great sleep.
The breakfast didn't dissapoint either, there was a wide choice of food and everything I tried was tasty.

Overall I think it's difficult to find anything better for the money you pay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo