“Medium quality food experience.”

Avocado Restaurant & Wine
Ranked #165 of 966 Restaurants in Poznan
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Visit in this restaurant can be treated as a food adventure to taste some flavours combinations. Some people might love it, most will probably be displeased and I myself definitely fall into the second category.
The restaurant itself is cozy, clean and looks very, very nice. Menu is small which should suggest meals should be perfect. And I think that is about it.
What I did not enjoy was:
- waiting: restaurant was almost EMPTY and we had to wait over 5 minutes to be seated.
- waiting again: the menu says that it takes 20-40 minutes for a email but we waited much longer than that for the starters(35 minutes)

As for meals themselves: for my taste they are way to complicated and mix of flavours does not match up. I've order tatar... and the meat itself was maybe 20% of entire meal, the rest were spices, avocado, mushrooms and tons of other staff that, in my opinion, does not go well with raw meat.
Second meal was very weird: pulled beef with shimps burger with avocado and red onion... something was definitely weird with this meal because I did not enjoy a single bite. I love all of those individually but the entire combination was just not good.
I won't even comment on my fiancee to meals because they were very, very bad. Guacamole tasted like chips salsa you can buy at the supermarket - but the one from the market tastes better.
I will not visit this place again.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Small and unpretentious restaurant, the kind I like. Ventilation not working well, and this I like less. The runner on our table unbelievably dirty and stained, I ask for it to be removed and it feels better. The menu looks very cool - ramen with grilled octopus, horseradish soup with shimeji mushrooms etc. A peculiar but interesting mix of local and Asian ingredients. Strange thing this place is called "restaurant and wine", but there was no wine on the menu at all, nor was there any bottle of wine on display. So, just water then. We were offered a carafe of water and then a refill. We were rather surprised to then see 2 x 12 zł on the bill, as apparently the tap or filtered water was charged, and in fact rather expensive. The menu says "The average serving time is 20-40 minutes, but if it's very busy it can take longer". Well, it apparently WAS very busy because we waited for almost an hour to get the starters, which was exasperating. Would be nice to at least have some bread in the meantime. Once they arrived the starters were tasty (gyoza in dashi and guacamole with home-made tortilla chips). We then had ramen with grilled octopus and it wasn't bad either, although it had very little to do with the real ramen. The noodles felt more like something your grandma used to serve chicken broth with (well, depending on where you're from of course, we're Polish). It was also tepid rather than hot, which would disqualify it in Japan in an instant. But it was actually tasty anyway and the octopus was unctuous and delicious. Just that the service was really very slow. So slow our coats had ample time to gather all those kitchen smells from the poor ventilation. I think I wouldn't consider coming back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 28, 2016

I cannot say bad word about this restaurant but being there, eating and drinking didn't change my mood like it should do. Food was good but to be honest the description in the menu sounds better than the taste (some ingredients even if I'm Polish, I just didn't understand).

We've ordered: PIECZONA SZYNKA/ SOS WIŚNIOWY/ KASZA ORKISZOWA W KAWIE ZBOŻOWEJ/ PODGRZYBEK/ BAMBRZOK; my girlfriend: TAGLIATELLE Z DYNIĄ/ EMILIGRANA/ JABŁKO/ SIANO Z PORA. Both dishes were quiet experimental but in our case this experiment just failed.I mean that connection of spices did not captivated us. Big point for interesting, industrial interior design with open kitchen.

Service was nice. Place is quiet hidden but with present technology is not hard to find it;)

I Recommend to find it out yourself.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed December 21, 2016

I would categorize food in this restaurant as kind of fusion cuisine. The composition of it was great, but everything was ruined by oversalting.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

We were invited to this restaurant, definitely wouldn't have been my choice dining there. It's hidden in a corner of a shopping center.
The dishes are modern-fusion type, with limited options.
I had a duck starter which was extremely good but very small portion.
The English menu can be translated better. Dish they call Bacon (very tasty!) is actually pork belly. Dish called roast beef is actually a tenderloin steak (also very good).
The chef seems to like beetroot, and you see/taste it in different shapes and forms.
If you want to try something different, Its a good variety from every day restaurants.
The dishes are healthy and they use organic high quality ingredients .

Date of visit: May 2016