“Be prepared for a long wait”

Avocado Restaurant & Wine
Ranked #165 of 966 Restaurants in Poznan
Reviewed February 9, 2018

Small and unpretentious restaurant, the kind I like. Ventilation not working well, and this I like less. The runner on our table unbelievably dirty and stained, I ask for it to be removed and it feels better. The menu looks very cool - ramen with grilled octopus, horseradish soup with shimeji mushrooms etc. A peculiar but interesting mix of local and Asian ingredients. Strange thing this place is called "restaurant and wine", but there was no wine on the menu at all, nor was there any bottle of wine on display. So, just water then. We were offered a carafe of water and then a refill. We were rather surprised to then see 2 x 12 zł on the bill, as apparently the tap or filtered water was charged, and in fact rather expensive. The menu says "The average serving time is 20-40 minutes, but if it's very busy it can take longer". Well, it apparently WAS very busy because we waited for almost an hour to get the starters, which was exasperating. Would be nice to at least have some bread in the meantime. Once they arrived the starters were tasty (gyoza in dashi and guacamole with home-made tortilla chips). We then had ramen with grilled octopus and it wasn't bad either, although it had very little to do with the real ramen. The noodles felt more like something your grandma used to serve chicken broth with (well, depending on where you're from of course, we're Polish). It was also tepid rather than hot, which would disqualify it in Japan in an instant. But it was actually tasty anyway and the octopus was unctuous and delicious. Just that the service was really very slow. So slow our coats had ample time to gather all those kitchen smells from the poor ventilation. I think I wouldn't consider coming back.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 28, 2016

I cannot say bad word about this restaurant but being there, eating and drinking didn't change my mood like it should do. Food was good but to be honest the description in the menu sounds better than the taste (some ingredients even if I'm Polish, I just didn't understand).

We've ordered: PIECZONA SZYNKA/ SOS WIŚNIOWY/ KASZA ORKISZOWA W KAWIE ZBOŻOWEJ/ PODGRZYBEK/ BAMBRZOK; my girlfriend: TAGLIATELLE Z DYNIĄ/ EMILIGRANA/ JABŁKO/ SIANO Z PORA. Both dishes were quiet experimental but in our case this experiment just failed.I mean that connection of spices did not captivated us. Big point for interesting, industrial interior design with open kitchen.

Service was nice. Place is quiet hidden but with present technology is not hard to find it;)

I Recommend to find it out yourself.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed December 21, 2016

I would categorize food in this restaurant as kind of fusion cuisine. The composition of it was great, but everything was ruined by oversalting.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

We were invited to this restaurant, definitely wouldn't have been my choice dining there. It's hidden in a corner of a shopping center.
The dishes are modern-fusion type, with limited options.
I had a duck starter which was extremely good but very small portion.
The English menu can be translated better. Dish they call Bacon (very tasty!) is actually pork belly. Dish called roast beef is actually a tenderloin steak (also very good).
The chef seems to like beetroot, and you see/taste it in different shapes and forms.
If you want to try something different, Its a good variety from every day restaurants.
The dishes are healthy and they use organic high quality ingredients .

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank bintheredondat
Reviewed January 25, 2016 via mobile

It is not easy to find as it is on a small square behind buildings. So keep an eye for the plaquette while walking the street. The place itself is modern and even good when it is a quiet evening. Locals tend to eat early so later on it can be quiet anyways. The food and the wines are nevertheless fine. It has food with an international touch and the chef also gives you something for the eye. For locals not the most affordable place but about 15 euro for a main course it is very well priced. The wild boar was very nice, the tartar maybe a bit blunt. The greek yoghurt light and a good finish.
Certainly worth a recommendation.

Date of visit: January 2016